Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

moving through AY tiers & tracking period resets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Quite a few...

Today a flight posted that took me from Silver to Gold. My original tracking period was Dec 2018 - Dec 2019 and today it reset...
Is this normal? Right now, my tracker says 80,000 to retain gold until the new, reset period of Apr 2020 with no mention of Platinum status...
It appears that now to achieve Platinum I once again have to do 150,000 pts or 76 flts.

Should I call about this or is it a known IT thing?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Victor
Today a flight posted that took me from Silver to Gold. My original tracking period was Dec 2018 - Dec 2019 and today it reset...
Is this normal? Right now, my tracker says 80,000 to retain gold until the new, reset period of Apr 2020 with no mention of Platinum status...
It appears that now to achieve Platinum I once again have to do 150,000 pts or 76 flts.

This should not have happened. Call them!
it does reset when you get a gold gift card from someone, not when you achieve Gold by flying
Flying Victor and Clydez like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
That is not the normal thing.

Unless the program silently have been "enhanced".
esledo and Flying Victor like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Flying Victor

Based on the timeline, didn't you participate in the status match challenge? As it would mean a shortcut to Gold, I wouldn't be surprised if they reset the tracking period.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
This indeed sounds like the status challenge and then is intended this way.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

No status challenge - I had just over 77,000 pts and the last flight got me over the 80,000 gold line.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
deleted
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Edit: (for anybody who may have a similar issue in the future) - I called the gold desk and the consultant I talked to acknowledged it shouldn't have happened and said that she would forward the issue to the appropriate department for verification and somebody would call me back.

Nobody called me back, but in less than 24 hours everything was back to normal with my previous tracking period reinstated and me on the way to platinum status.
on22cz, ffay005, EuroFlash and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.