Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by rdchen
Any recent experiences? Does the lounge open during the weekend? Thanks.
bump
Old Aug 13, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: United Premier; HHonors Gold
I stayed there in January. The lounge is open every day, but is not exclusive to Hilton elites. If my memory serves me, it is open to all comers after a certain hour. The food spread is limited to a small table, with usually around 2 or 3 things on it. There is a full time bartender, and small outdoor areas. They charge for liquor, but not soda, etc. Not a bad hotel, but no great benefits for elites as far as I could tell.
They were really pushing the steakhouse when I was there, even giving free samples in the lobby. Pretty good, but outside of my expense limits.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
En route LAX -> LAS

Last time en route from LAX -> LAS stayed at Westin Pasadena and thought it was fine^

Wanted to try a HH property - any new reports on Glendale?

It's ok for LAX -> LAS right??

Any other HH suggestions?

Thanks^
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:49 pm

Just stayed here in march for one night. Arrived at lax stayed fri night at this place then drove to vegas the next am. Found it pretty conv. and somewhat away from major traffic for the direction I was heading.

Very, suburban area like stated. Two restaurants (okay looking at best) behind it, we had drinks at one. Met some very nice people there. Gas station also right on the side across the street. Great rooftop bar as well at the hotel, everyone was extremely nice to us.

This was on a priceline stay and we did not have one problem at all. We were able to change our bed type and smoking preference after we went up to our room. The lady at the desk was great. I think internet was free in the lobby. Had the pool area all to myself for a bit that night as well. Actually stayed at a hyatt in century city a few nights after this, all the people at hilton were decent, but hyatt people were so so. Would love to go back.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Marriott, American
Need info about Hilton LA North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr !!!!

I'm hoping that I can get some feedback on this hotel(The Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr.)

We're going up to watch my Nieces graduation from USC and this hotel seems close enough without being right in the city.

Is USC easilly reached from this property and is it a quality hotel as my mother as well as my sister are planning on staying here for for the graduation.

I just don't want them to stay at a hotel that's either not convenient,(traffic shouldn't be a problem as it's on a weekend) or a hotel that's not that nice..

Any information I could get about this property would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brentski
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:04 pm

Hi Brentski,

I hope this isn't too late. I have stayed at this property and loved it! My room was beautiful and the hotel staff was very helpful. I also loved how close it was to Old Town Pasadena and great shopping! http://www.hiltonlosangelesglendale.com/local-guide

You are only about a 10-12 minute drive from USC without traffic, so it is definitely a great option for you and your family to stay at for your niece’s graduation!

Last edited by mosleymac; Feb 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Oops I had not seen this request because I had stayed in August 2010 for a few nights. As a Diamond they upgraded me to a exec floor room had breakfast free as well as had 2 drink coupons for the bar.

For me we used to drive to the Metrolink facility which was not too far off so I dont have much experience regarding traffic but traffic in LA is always a mess is what I have heard .

- naroowal
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Had a two-night stay over the weekend. Booked points+cash King Corner room, upgraded to a regular King Executive room when we arrived late Friday night. The keycards didn't work, even after recoding, and we were ultimately reassigned to a different room. Front desk clerk was very apologetic and gave me both of the My Way benefits (bonus points plus breakfast). I requested and successfully got a 2 PM late checkout.

The room itself was large, clean, and functional. FlyinHawaiian's admonition about the sunlight leakage proved prudent. I was awoken at 6 AM with the sunrise blasting through the bottom edge of the drapes in our eastward-facing room, which I solved by lining the floor with robes and towels.

Breakfast was in the form of a very substantial buffet in the restaurant: Eggs, meats, potatoes, French toast, oatmeal, pastries, lox+capers, cottage cheese, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and more. Beverage service from the waitstaff was very swift and friendly. The check showed the would-be charge despite the comp: $40.88 for two! It sure felt like a sweet deal to have that included for two days. ^

The Horizons lounge on the 19th floor was a non-event in terms of amenities. I did not receive any drink chits as a Diamond and didn't see any snacks or anything else complimentary. The place was very crowded with a corporate-type crowd on a Saturday night. The outdoor deck views were great, though.

Swimming pool is ostensibly heated, but was lukewarm even in the sun. The hot tub was very hot. Both were lightly patronized, which was surprising for a weekend. Fitness club was a ghost town when we walked by.

We took advantage of the shuttle service to downtown Glendale (subject to availability between BUR runs), but it's also an easy 10-15-minute walk if you're able-bodied. Lots of restaurants nearby despite the suburban vibe in the hotel area north of the 134 freeway.

Overall we had a wonderful stay. Every staff member we interacted with had a friendly, positive attitude and the facility itself was in great shape. A real executive lounge would have been nice, but on the whole I would not hesitate to stay again.
Old May 16, 2014, 6:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently in the hotel for 2 nights as I have an event not far away. This is your standard Hilton, well overdue for renovation but decently kept. Had to move twice: the room assigned initially was just starting to be cleaned. So they upgraded me to a small suite, called a Parlour Suite, but it smelled of tobacco (despite being a non-smoking room), so they upgraded me again to something called a Governor's Suite.

This is a room of a decent size with a living room and a bedroom but a tiny bathroom, although there is a second guest toilet near the entrance. Weirdly, the guest toilet had no mirror, no towel racks, and no towels. Fortunately there was TP! The room has two small TV's (maybe 32" size?), an aged but clean carpet, light wood cabinet and desk in decent condition, and a very tired looking couch.

So I've seen a pretty good assortment of rooms.

There are no minibars or fridges in the rooms but they will provide a fridge for a fee which they waived because I was gold. There are a limited number available.

Self-parking under the building is $19/day with in and out privileges.

The only thing that has been universally modernized are the light bulbs, which all appear to be 6 watt CFL's.

The front desk staff was quite helpful during my check-in travails. The front office manager was also kind enough to manipulate the thermostats to turn off the motion sensors, which is good because the bedroom one was entirely shielded by a lamp.

Overall, this is the kind of place I'd come back to if it was only for one night. Definitely not worth a detour! Should it be renovated, it would be decent, but still have small rooms with small bathrooms.

Last edited by RichardInSF; May 16, 2014 at 6:28 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:20 pm

Change in Ownership

When I stayed at this property in September, there were (reliable) reports that ownership had changed. Recent TripAdvisor posts seem to support this understanding.

Does anyone know if there will be significant changes as a result of the change in ownership?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:48 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As a Gold, was disappointed with a recent Wed. one-night stay. Assigned a low floor standard King with no upgrade. Got a lot of hemming and hawing when requested at least a higher floor (there are 18 floors).

Spoke to the MOD, and, lo-and-behold, higher floor rooms were available including a quiet 11th floor King which I took. He also explained that the hotel had been running full so he couldn't upgrade. He did comp parking for me because of the "check-in inconvenience". No lounge. Breakfast was comped for Golds. Slept well in the room, facing the mountains. Standard internet was fast once I succeeded in logging on.

Breakfast buffet was horrible. Definitely a huge downgrade from older reports here. Luke-warm, powdered scrambled eggs, greasy bacon, barely-cooked, tasteless french toast, meager fruit, most of which was also rock-hard; no smoked salmon or individually-cooked eggs, tasteless coffee. No assigned seating in a large room, so, when I made the mistake of going back to where the food was displayed to see if I could find some edible fruit, my settings and dishes were cleared and another was seated at the table I had been at. The server was sincerely apologetic and offered to immediately reseat me, but since the buffet was abysmal, I was gone.

This hotel should be re-flagged a Holiday Inn. Too bad, because you can get a good night sleep facing North on a high floor. And it was only 20 mins. to downtown L.A. during the a.m. rush by taking the 134 to the 2. But if you're looking for HH status recognition and an edible breakfast, stay elsewhere.

As I was leaving the restaurant, the host did tell me that made-to-order omeletes were coming back Mon., Jun. 28, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope in the breakfast department.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hit and miss, but would likely stay again

Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

100 W Glenoaks Blvd Glendale, CA US 91202

Hit and miss, but would likely stay again (4 Photos)

Check In

Check-in was as it is in every Hilton property. We were welcomed and our Diamond status was acknowledged.

We'd booked a basic king rooom and received an upgrade to a corner room (812). Diamonds also get 20% off beverages in the bar (this property has no executive lounge), free breakfast, and the two bottled waters were delivered to the room after we were up there.

Room

Our first room just didn't work out too well. The big issue was heating: there wasn't any. We spent a very cold first night in the room. The next day we asked them to look at it and maintenance came up to investigate. Turns out the heating was actually shut off in the wall (the hot water line). It was also pretty much fused shut. They had to bang on it a bunch and finally got it open, which made me think it had been off for a long time for a reason...

Second night we cooked. Didn't matter what the thermostat was set to, the room blew heat.

There were also housekeeping issues with the first room: a red solo cup behind the TV stand and hair in the bathroom.

Requested a new room and got 1422, another corner room, and they comp'ed our parking for the stay.

The heating worked perfectly in 1422. Unfortunately it also had housekeeping issues: the garbage in the bathroom wasn't emptied.

IMG_20161229_074117.jpg

IMG_20161229_074109.jpg1_IMG_20161229_074137.jpgIMG_20161229_074129.jpg

Service

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful through our issues. No complaints at all about the helpfulness of the front desk staff, and even the parking attendants were nice.

Dining

We only had food in the lobby for breakfast. Diamonds get the full buffet breakfast which was about on par with what you see at a DoubleTree. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, oatmeal, waffles, etc. The only downside is the wait staff pretty agressively pushes for a tip on the free breakfast.

It's in Glendale. There are a lot of Hilton properties in LA, most of them crappy and expensive. LA is a driving town anyway, so staying in Glendale isn't that big a deal.

On the plus side the Crab Boil Ave. restaurant right next door is surprisingly delicious, and there's excellent coffee at Higlight Coffee about a 7 minute drive away.

Overall

The hotel is recently remodeled so the public spaces and room are nice. It was a cosmetic refresh though, there are aspects of the room that are still worn (tile in the bathrooms), and the elevators are comical. They work, but boy do they shimmy and shake on the way up and down!

We paid $110 a night for the hotel on the MVP rate which was a screaming deal, even when you throw in a $19/night parking charge. Despite the room issues the hotel was fine overall and we would stay there again if we were in the LA area.

Hit and miss, but would likely stay again

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:23 pm

Not much to add to missamo80's great review, but, from my August stay:

-i did not have missamo80's A/C issues.

-try to get a corner room is possible. they are HUGE and have big windows on both exterior sides. i was in x12 (SE corner), but i imagine other corners are the same. the north view of the mountains beats the south view of downtown LA (visible but far away), so i'll go for north side next time.

-rooms are generally very clean and modern, one of the nicer U.S. hilton rooms i've been in. tub & curtain shower could use and update though, as could the TV (large but older).

-don't be afraid to use the valet parking, it's only $5 more per day than the self-park garage and the staff is great. they give you a # you can dial for your car request; car was there waiting by the time i made it down the elevator every single time. staff is very friendly.

-no lounge, and breakfast buffet off of lobby is lousy. no omlettes, eggs on buffet are luke-warm, staff is slow to assist with anything. it's sold for a small up-charge at booking, so it's also fairly crowded.

-there's a trader joe's down the street, but no fridge in the room, so don't expect to store fresh groceries.

-downtown Glendale is a 5-minute ride (30 minute walk), and has really become a lovely area with all sorts of dining and shopping, both chain and independent options. huge new parking garage there that's $5 or so for a couple of hours.

-gym is solid (lots of machines, good condition), but pool is a bit small for the size of the hotel. seating fills up early in the morning on weekends weekend and is overrun with kids.

-if the location works for you, the Westin Pasadena is only 10/15 minutes away and has a much more "lux" feel at a similar price. no self-park there though, if memory serves me correctly.

-if you do choose the Hilton Glendale, look around for cheaper rates to BRG against. i filed a successful BRG using a lower price on AmexTravel.com
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: HH D
Just stayed here for five nights on points. I'll write a 2018 update to the previous reviews.

Selected a xx09 corner room at OLCI. It offered the mountain view I was hoping for, mostly east, one window was facing north. I think the regular north-facing rooms would also have offered a nice view. The windows were pretty clean - one window even could be partly openend. Did not have issues using the A/C. It was quiet, as long as the fan speed was set LOW. The room itself also was very quiet (no street noise). However, sounds from an adjoining room may be an issue if you have loud neighbors.

Wasn't given an upgrade, didn't ask for it either. But to me it's pretty simple: no upgrade - very little chance I'm spending extra. Didn't have dinner at the hotel for the length of the stay. The only real benefits were full breakfast and 0 up to 2 bottles of water replaced in the room daily. The room had a walk-in shower, which I liked, but it had a little flow problem, you really needed to turn it off for a minute after 2-3 minutes, which I normally would do at home anyway to conserve water.

Parking was $21 per night. Ten years ago they already charged $14, so it is not anything like a new scam fee. At least your car was parked in a guarded garage, out of the burning sunlight. On the other hand I noticed a sign (may be old) saying: monthly parking available at $75. About fifty classic cars were parked in the monthly parking area.

TV was large and new, many HD channels. No in room fridge, so I had to revert to a red wine from Trader Joe's. Internet speed was adopted from the 1990's, that is for Premimum internet. Standard internet speed didn't seem to perform at all.

Really liked the (Hilton Honors) FULL breakfast in the restaurant. Tasted very good, with two kinds of scrambled eggs, plus two alternating items like a cut of a breakfast burrito, pancakes etc. Also there was sauteed vegetables every morning. It was well worth the $19 you didn't have to pay. Service was attentive and - European style - you were given a thermos pot of coffee, so you could refill or top off yourself.

Last edited by Sisosig; Jun 8, 2018 at 8:10 pm Reason: added note about interenet speed
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:50 pm

Stayed at this property for about 3 stays over the course of November for work and was pretty disappointed but kept coming back as it was very close to where I was working and thought this would be better than the Hampton or Embassy Suites in the area. Over the 3 night, I stayed in 4 rooms (one room had an issue noted below) on the 15th, 16th, 17th, and 18th floors (17th and 18th are considered "executive" floors). I have the following to add to the points that missamo80, orvando, and Sisosig made:
  • The room has changed slightly for the worse since missamo80 has taken the photos. The end tables by the beds aren't as nice, I think the wall behind the bed was the same color as the rest of the walls, and the showers are tubs with curtains. Otherwise, the pictures are accurate and the rest of the furniture, including the TV, seems the same and it is pretty dated in my opinion.
  • Second orvando's recommendation about corner rooms. He is true that they are large, with corner rooms on the 16th floor and above being extremely spacious. However, more important for me is that all non-corner rooms were connecting rooms and the noise insulation between rooms was terrible. I was woken up every night I stayed in a non-corner room by my neighbors who were not even being that loud. On my second stay, it was bad enough that I asked to switch rooms after the first night and gladly took moving from a non-corner room on the 17th floor to a corner room on the 16th floor. Luckily, on my last stay, my neighbor only woke up slightly before my alarm was set to go off so it was manageable enough.
  • I echo what Sisosig said about the WiFi as it ranged from very bad to mediocre during my stay with premium WiFi for all stays. At the worst, it would run at ~500 kbps and frequently disconnect, and at best it was 3~5 mbps but still cut out every now and then. I tried calling the tech support number for the WiFi and didn't expect much but it goes directly to AT&T rather than Hilton and the representative was very knowledgeable, not sure if they actually improved the WiFi or if it was placebo though.
  • There was a fridge in the TV cabinet, highly recommend walking across the street to Trader Joe's to stock up on snacks and fruit.
  • Agree with orvando that the gym is solid for a hotel gym. It had a few different types of exercise bikes, plenty of treadmills (with half closed due to COVID), two cable machines, and dumbbells up to 75 pounds. WiFi unfortunately did not reach the gym.
  • Parking garage had tons of spaces for $24 a night with the self-park. The elevators for the garage are separate from the elevators for the rooms and are extremely slow and both had issues, with one bouncing whenever going up and having a sign warning people about it, and the other occasionally thinking something was in the way when the door was closing. There was interestingly also an Aventador parked in the garage that did not move at all during my stays.
  • Breakfast is with a restaurant rather than buffet and was very good in terms of both service and food. Prices range from $20 to $30 for entrees after tax not including tip. Did not try dinner at the hotel.
  • I don't drink coffee but coworkers reported that the in-room coffee tasted very weak. Coffee is free in the gift shop and seems to be the same coffee they serve at the restaurant. The front desk also happily provided me with water and an extra mask whenever I asked.
  • 17th and 18th floors are the executive floors and get code for free premium WiFi , a bathrobe while other floors did not, and a much better TV compared to the small and outdated TVs on the non-executive floors (seems to be the same as mossamo80's photos). The 16th floor seems to have the same floor plan as the executive floors but did not include premium WiFi or a bath robe. Don't remember the size of the TV on the 16th floor.
  • On my first stay, I did not mention an upgrade and was not upgraded, but on my other two stays I asked if there were any upgrades available during check-in when they mentioned the room type I booked.
Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the hotel but the service and breakfast was excellent. If you can guarantee a corner room or a neighbor that has the same sleep schedule as you then I'd say that the hotel is dated but not that bad, but if you're a light sleeper keep in mind that connecting rooms have awful noise isolation. Have not stayed in any other hotels in the LA area but I would recommend looking elsewhere unless you are commuting within Glendale like I was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.