FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr {US-CA}
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:50 pm
jjl468

Stayed at this property for about 3 stays over the course of November for work and was pretty disappointed but kept coming back as it was very close to where I was working and thought this would be better than the Hampton or Embassy Suites in the area. Over the 3 night, I stayed in 4 rooms (one room had an issue noted below) on the 15th, 16th, 17th, and 18th floors (17th and 18th are considered "executive" floors). I have the following to add to the points that missamo80, orvando, and Sisosig made:
  • The room has changed slightly for the worse since missamo80 has taken the photos. The end tables by the beds aren't as nice, I think the wall behind the bed was the same color as the rest of the walls, and the showers are tubs with curtains. Otherwise, the pictures are accurate and the rest of the furniture, including the TV, seems the same and it is pretty dated in my opinion.
  • Second orvando's recommendation about corner rooms. He is true that they are large, with corner rooms on the 16th floor and above being extremely spacious. However, more important for me is that all non-corner rooms were connecting rooms and the noise insulation between rooms was terrible. I was woken up every night I stayed in a non-corner room by my neighbors who were not even being that loud. On my second stay, it was bad enough that I asked to switch rooms after the first night and gladly took moving from a non-corner room on the 17th floor to a corner room on the 16th floor. Luckily, on my last stay, my neighbor only woke up slightly before my alarm was set to go off so it was manageable enough.
  • I echo what Sisosig said about the WiFi as it ranged from very bad to mediocre during my stay with premium WiFi for all stays. At the worst, it would run at ~500 kbps and frequently disconnect, and at best it was 3~5 mbps but still cut out every now and then. I tried calling the tech support number for the WiFi and didn't expect much but it goes directly to AT&T rather than Hilton and the representative was very knowledgeable, not sure if they actually improved the WiFi or if it was placebo though.
  • There was a fridge in the TV cabinet, highly recommend walking across the street to Trader Joe's to stock up on snacks and fruit.
  • Agree with orvando that the gym is solid for a hotel gym. It had a few different types of exercise bikes, plenty of treadmills (with half closed due to COVID), two cable machines, and dumbbells up to 75 pounds. WiFi unfortunately did not reach the gym.
  • Parking garage had tons of spaces for $24 a night with the self-park. The elevators for the garage are separate from the elevators for the rooms and are extremely slow and both had issues, with one bouncing whenever going up and having a sign warning people about it, and the other occasionally thinking something was in the way when the door was closing. There was interestingly also an Aventador parked in the garage that did not move at all during my stays.
  • Breakfast is with a restaurant rather than buffet and was very good in terms of both service and food. Prices range from $20 to $30 for entrees after tax not including tip. Did not try dinner at the hotel.
  • I don't drink coffee but coworkers reported that the in-room coffee tasted very weak. Coffee is free in the gift shop and seems to be the same coffee they serve at the restaurant. The front desk also happily provided me with water and an extra mask whenever I asked.
  • 17th and 18th floors are the executive floors and get code for free premium WiFi , a bathrobe while other floors did not, and a much better TV compared to the small and outdated TVs on the non-executive floors (seems to be the same as mossamo80's photos). The 16th floor seems to have the same floor plan as the executive floors but did not include premium WiFi or a bath robe. Don't remember the size of the TV on the 16th floor.
  • On my first stay, I did not mention an upgrade and was not upgraded, but on my other two stays I asked if there were any upgrades available during check-in when they mentioned the room type I booked.
Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the hotel but the service and breakfast was excellent. If you can guarantee a corner room or a neighbor that has the same sleep schedule as you then I'd say that the hotel is dated but not that bad, but if you're a light sleeper keep in mind that connecting rooms have awful noise isolation. Have not stayed in any other hotels in the LA area but I would recommend looking elsewhere unless you are commuting within Glendale like I was.