Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Pet-Friendly Hilton Honors Properties: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2002, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

I dont if this has been discussed before...
I cant seem to find a listing of hilton hotels that allow pets.
Any help would be appreciated.

jay
Old Jul 31, 2002, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

Stayed at the Drake last week (in Chicago).

Housekeeping can supply you with a dog bed and room service will deliver dog food.

Pretty pet friendly in my book I believe (but am not sure) that the Palmer house can also make arrangements for your pet.

(long, long ago - weary from a long drive, I snuck my two dogs into a motel I'll never forget it, and I'll never do it again. Two collie's, nearly pups at the time - and almost 80lbs each (very fit, just very large)....what a nightmare for me, the dogs and I'm sure the poor maid the next morning (dog hair was everywhere (ah..and just dog hair, my boys behaved themselves quite well thank god)).

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Jul 31, 2002, 12:51 am

I read the Hilton docklands in london took dogs...

... just edited - this is now wrong. Only the Hilton London Olympia near Kensington is the only proper london hotel that accepts pet dogs (ie non guide dogs). Most london hiltons do accept guide dogs tho (as would be expected).

Last edited by kawoh; Nov 11, 2006 at 9:59 am
Old Jul 31, 2002, 8:15 am

A lot of Hamptons take pets. Just get a hotel directory and check out the individual hotels. The ones with a symbol of a dog with an X drawn over it don't take pets.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 9:37 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How big are your pets? Anaheim Hilton takes pets up to 20 pounds, which limits you to cats and very small dogs.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 10:48 am

There was one in Grand Rapids Michigan (Homewood Suites) I think that took Dogs for a charge.

Also a Hampton in S/W Michigan that did.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 1:41 pm

Travelocity (http://www.travelocity.com/) allows one to search by city and by hotel chain for properties that allow pets.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 5:00 am
anr

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by littleleaguemom:
How big are your pets? Anaheim Hilton takes pets up to 20 pounds, which limits you to cats and very small dogs.</font>
Do you think they would have a problem with a 24 pound cat?
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Bump...

I don't know why this information isn't included on the Hilton website(s).

I always look it up on AAA website or in their books. AAA seems to be a more reliable source than Travelocity, Expedia, etc. I think that's because the travel agency sites pull that info from the huge central computers (which may not be well maintained), while AAA gets pet information along with all the other rating information every year.

In any case why doesn't Hilton at least make the pet policy available with all the other info they have online?

BlondeBomber, along with beaches, you could add a pets field to your spreadsheet!

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 01-23-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 2003, 6:04 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
The Hampton Inn directory has a symbol next to each hotel for whether or not they take pets. It may be worth it to go to your local Hampton Inn to get their book and find out which of the 1,200 will accept them.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 6:05 am

What a great thread. I have a 5-pound miniature pinscher and would love to travel with her occasionally. I have searched the various "travel with your pet" Web sites but find very inconsistent and incomplete information. Thanks to the original poster and all who replied.

-Sabrina
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I'll be sure to get one of those books. And what about the other books (H, DT, ES, etc.)? Do they have the pet policy listed?

Meanwhile, I might as well add my own field reports:

H Whittier CA - took a lot of lobbying, but I got her OK'ed by GM (twice)
H Monterey CA - ditto (but once, and was put in a room with bad carpet)
H Ontario CA - I checked in with the dog at my side; they didn't notice, until later when I took her out for a walk, claiming pets weren't allowed; I said they should have told me that at check in, when I had her at my side at the front desk. End of conversation.
HI Thornton CA - OK (alas, no room service like the Drake
HI Tempe - OK
DT Denver - very OK, they love her

It helps that she's an adorable, playful, and very smart little PON (even if I do say so myself
http://www.kennebecpons.com/pongallery.html

Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Rut Dog - Homewood and Embassy list them, but Hilton and Doubletree do not. Odd that some brands do, but others don't.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold

Use the advanced search option on the hilton web site for hiltons et al that accept pets.

It's a pain in that you can only select by state or country.

Call the hotel first to confirm their rules. Many will have a $50 non refundable deposit.

Old Jan 24, 2003, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
my mother shows bulldogs [aka english bulldogs] - she has stayed at many homewood suites that have allowed dogs and although they are suppose to charge you a nonrefundable fee, i don't think they ever did on the final bill. in her experience, some hotels [not in hilton chain] that allow dogs stick you in very nasty smoking rooms, so you might wanna check on that just in case that would be unacceptable to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.