Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS increases the prices for points upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS increases the prices for points upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:53 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Now also gone from SAS DK:

http://www.sas.dk/da/EuroBonus/EuroB...iv-opgraderet/

What a horrible PR handling of this issue. They all look like amateurs.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by BHIL
What a horrible PR handling of this issue. They all look like amateurs.
They are amateurs.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by 3cseat
Miles earnings is one obvios issue. Travelers need to know in advance if its worth flying with SAS.
We already know that: it is not worth. For economy if it is an affordable ticket, it is not worth because competition is at similar price levels (for return trip) and with SAS you will get no food in Europe, no drink (or limited drinks on IC), almost no points. For 100% EB points tickets, they are horribly expensive and no better service than for 25% points.

=> it is not worth to fly SAS in economy, but sometimes, due to frequency, schedule or corporate travel policy, one cannot really choose better alternative.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: SK*G
I got a reply just minutes ago from SAS Customer Relations that the increase is decided, so don't get your hopes up just because it has been removed from the website.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by johanmm
I got a reply just minutes ago from SAS Customer Relations that the increase is decided, so don't get your hopes up just because it has been removed from the website.
Ah ok, so it is normal. They are just making a contract with a communication agency in order to better prepare the announcement. I think it could look like that: "in order to harmonize requirements for award and paid tickets, SAS adjust its stand by upgrade threasholds, to make it more fair for both award and paid tickets travellers. Frequent flyers will then be able to upgrade from economy to business class on a stand by basis for just only 20000/30000/50000 Eurobonus points. This enhanced threshold will make it easier for very frequent travellers to upgrade" and off the record: "because not many will upgrade and Y and C will be rather empty"
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:00 am

I just recieved a text message from the public relations director in SAS NO:

"Hi, we are taking a new assessment on the matter, and has therefore removed the information about the changes for now. I can't say for certain at this moment whether SAS will change the decision, but I assume that EB will come back with some new information shortly."
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ranskis
"in order to harmonize requirements for award and paid tickets, SAS adjust its stand by upgrade threasholds, to make it more fair for both award and paid tickets travellers. Frequent flyers will then be able to upgrade from economy to business class on a stand by basis for just only 20000/30000/50000 Eurobonus points. This enhanced threshold will make it easier for very frequent travellers to upgrade" and off the record: "because not many will upgrade and Y and C will be rather empty"
You forgot something:

In order to harmonize requirements for award and paid tickets, SAS adjust its stand by upgrade threasholds, to make it more fair for both award and paid tickets travellers. Frequent flyers will then be able to upgrade from economy to business class on a stand by basis for just only 20000/30000/50000 Eurobonus points. This enhanced threshold will make it easier for very frequent travellers to upgrade, and is in our view an increased service to our most loyal customers. In addition to that, it will make it easier for our own employees to forecast the loadfactor and upgrade their own stand-by tickets when traveling long-haul with their family and friends.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: EBG, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Discus
This enhanced threshold will make it easier for very frequent travellers to upgrade, and is in our view an increased service to our most loyal customers.
That is a load of crap! This still means if you have reach EBG status in Norway on year, e.g. = 45.000 point, you are still "not wordy enough" to get a C upgrade from P on IC! This is actually patronizing a lot of EBG's. Either we are wordy, e.g. are the loyal customer EBG's as of definition are, or we are not!

SAS, this is becoming more and more stupid. I bet most other airlines would be very happy to have me as a customer. I now feel SAS treats me like ..... I would like SAS to tell me why I'm a not a worthy customer.

Last edited by 3cseat; Jan 29, 2009 at 1:34 pm
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: EBG, UA, HHonors, SPG, IC
And here I thought the whole idea of a loyalty program was to generate loyalty and a win/win for both parties... Great there are so many new alternatives for other carriers out of CPH these days.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:04 pm

And on top of all - look what an advertise a lot of us get on these pages "More points - more advantages" What's next?

The also have another one "You are rewarded if you fly often"

See http://forum.scanair.no/attachment.p...9&d=1233254957

(thanks jcnorway)
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I just looked at IAD-CPH and they have discounted B and Z for $1200 and $2500 + tax, respectively, with no advance reservation, Sat night stay. That's much better than before. And this fare is valid for the entire winter schedule.......

Maybe a boneheaded tactic to combine these better fares with greater difficulty to upgrade?? They also have T fares (never seen them before from SK; *A harmonization?) for $299 + tax. The cheapest V fare is $616 plus tax.

So price deflation on the discounted fares for the winter.

But the full C fares have become extreme. Around USD 11,000.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Just to be a little funny

Spot the error:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3408/...a04a5e0a67.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3421/...1d5942049f.jpg

/HerrO
Old Jan 31, 2009, 4:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jcnorway
I just recieved a text message from the public relations director in SAS NO:

"Hi, we are taking a new assessment on the matter, and has therefore removed the information about the changes for now. I can't say for certain at this moment whether SAS will change the decision, but I assume that EB will come back with some new information shortly."
I have information from a senior source at SAS Denmark Sales & Marketing, that SAS acknowledges that poorly coordinated information was put on their websites this week, and that this information has now been removed. Until further announcements current rules are still in place.

According to this source, some EB changes will be annouced in a few weeks. These change will "benefit the customers" but are not fully decided yet.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by raunow
According to this source, some EB changes will be annouced in a few weeks. These changes will "benefit the customers" but are not fully decided yet.
Hurrah! More enhancements!

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:24 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by raunow
These change will "benefit the customers" but are not fully decided yet.
Sounds very promising...

Maybe they'll announce that all Economy booking classes will earn 25% miles, as this will make EuroBonus less complicated for customers to understand. The stand-by upgrades will get new rates according to the status of the passangers:

EBB
M --> Y 60.000
Y --> C 60.000
M --> C 120.000

EBS
M --> Y 40.000
Y --> C 40.000
M --> C 80.000

EBG
M --> Y 30.000
Y --> C 30.000
M --> C 60.000

EBP
M --> Y 20.000
Y --> C 20.000
M --> C 40.000

SAS will then proudly announce that the new system will "benefit our frequent travelers".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.