Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The great Star Airbus DO, Nov. 5th and 6th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The great Star Airbus DO, Nov. 5th and 6th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Some more info regarding costs? How is the TLS LON flight planned? That sounds very promising!!!

By the way, SQ should start flying the A380 to/from CDG on June 1st, and there are rumours that EK would also fly DXB CDG in the autumn... with so many flights TLS PAR, it might be possible to get from AF good group prices for a one way trip potentially spread on a few flights like AF7791 to CDG on friday evening at 20.50 (A321).
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:33 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ranskis
Some more info regarding costs? How is the TLS LON flight planned? That sounds very promising!!!

By the way, SQ should start flying the A380 to/from CDG on June 1st, and there are rumours that EK would also fly DXB CDG in the autumn... with so many flights TLS PAR, it might be possible to get from AF good group prices for a one way trip potentially spread on a few flights like AF7791 to CDG on friday evening at 20.50 (A321).
Nothing is planned yet, but we are trying to get the arrival airport to LHR.

I asked a fellow moderator who has good connections at AF, they are not interested in arranging anything for Flyertalk this year. Supposedly because of budget issues..

So CDG is therefor out.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:10 am

Hello tommy777,and all others involved i this...

A good friend from Norway sent me the link to this post,and i must say, i'm very impressed with the community on FT and the amount of work /detail that you've put in so far to make this trip happen.

This is my first post on FT,as usually an A.net user

I would like to add myself to list of people for this great trip,starting out at the beginning, wherever that may be ...OSL or CPH.... and i'll confirm on Doodle that my choice of date's is the Thur/Fri, although Fri/Sat is also an option to make this great trip work.

Any idea of the cost yet, and when will everyone be confirmed, or will some be let down..?

brgds

TUGMASTER
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Welcome to Flyertalk, TUGMASTER.

Hope to see more posts from you in the future ^^
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:19 am

Forgot to add,

I'm LHR based, so if you need any help / assitance, i'ii do what ever i can this end.

rgds
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tommy777
Nothing is planned yet, but we are trying to get the arrival airport to LHR.
So if it works out the plan is for the SAS bird to fly us OSL/ARN/CPH (in whatever order) - TLS - LHR?

The question is if we want to be left in TLS or have SAS fly us somewhere else (CDG or LHR) so it will be easier for people to get to where they came from. We will offer tickets from XX airport back to where you want included in the price.
Does this mean those who need them can get tickets for XXX-OSL/ARN/CPH-TLS-LHR-XXX? That would be great for Europe-based FTers as one-way cross-border fares in Europe are often ridiculously expensive. Else I'd better start looking into redeeming BMI miles to take me to the starting airport.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So if it works out the plan is for the SAS bird to fly us OSL/ARN/CPH (in whatever order) - TLS - LHR?

Does this mean those who need them can get tickets for XXX-OSL/ARN/CPH-TLS-LHR-XXX? That would be great for Europe-based FTers as one-way cross-border fares in Europe are often ridiculously expensive. Else I'd better start looking into redeeming BMI miles to take me to the starting airport.
Yes on both. You will have an option to only take the chartered DO flights, though.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 3:17 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yes on both. You will have an option to only take the chartered DO flights, though.
Thanks! So I can postpone my first encounter with BMI's ICC for now.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

The Doodle has been open for a while now and will be open through tomorrow.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:57 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Sure, throw me on the "what the heck, let's go for it" list. ^
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Sure, throw me on the "what the heck, let's go for it" list. ^
Another flight attendant. Welcome aboard! ^^
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Another flight attendant
At this rate, we might be getting "1 on 1 service" from the flight attendants...
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wijomas
At this rate, we might be getting "1 on 1 service" from the flight attendants...
He he.. Maximum will be 3 in C, 4 in the back. Since there are multiple flights, we will rotate everyone except Randy and I
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wijomas
Do you really expect any service???
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
Do you really expect any service???
I promise not to spit in your oysters, caviar or fois gras

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.