Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS consider to sell Airbus 321 Fleet..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium

SAS consider to sell Airbus Fleet..

"SAS consider to sell all of it's airbus 321 fleet, 8 aircrafts , due to the low demand of airtravel..."

"
SAS overvejer at sælge Airbus-flåde

SAS overvejer at sælge hele sin flåde af Airbus A321-fly for at tilpasse kapaciteten til den svagere efterspørgsel efter flyrejser. Det skriver den norske avis Dagens Næringsliv.

SAS har i alt otte Airbus A321 fly og kontrakt på levering af yderligere fire. Den samlede værdi af disse fly er omkring 4,5 mia. skr. (3,7 mia. kr.).

Der er dog endnu ikke taget be****ning om salget. En endelig afgørelse kan ifølge avisen ligge nogle måneder ude i fremtiden.

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/artic...ticleID=146753
Old Feb 4, 2004, 3:28 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
What a shame, I love the A321. They're really comfortable I think (maybe because I've managed to secure exit row every time I've flown with them? ) and feel modern. The nosecam is something I like and I do think they look good both inside and outside!
Old Feb 4, 2004, 4:48 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
What? This doesn't make any sense. The A321 is absolutely my favorite (narrowbody) plane on SAS's fleet. True, the seat pitch especially towards the rear end is quite tight, but I've usually been able to secure an exit row just fine. And the nosecam is a nice little feature.

I would've imagined that SAS would actually acquire MORE Airbus narrowbodies, considering that the MDs aren't going to be around forever (even Finnair is getting rid of theirs). I certainly hope that the 736s are not the future of the European short-haul fleet. Or maybe they're going do the same thing as US airlines and are looking into a huge RJ order?
Old Feb 4, 2004, 5:09 am

Programs: SK *S
It makes complete sense to me. Look at the number of 737s and Md-90's that SAS flys compared to the number of 321's. I think SAS is considering he cost associated with flying another type of aircraft is losing them money. It's my theory that SAS will try to sell the 321's, and serve those routes with either a 737 or MD-90 to better streamline their fleet, and cut costs.

[This message has been edited by TromsoFlyr (edited Feb 04, 2004).]
Old Feb 4, 2004, 7:26 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TromsoFlyr:
It makes complete sense to me. Look at the number of 737s and Md-90's that SAS flys compared to the number of 321's. I think SAS is considering he cost associated with flying another type of aircraft is losing them money. It's my theory that SAS will try to sell the 321's, and serve those routes with either a 737 or MD-90 to better streamline their fleet, and cut costs.</font>
I think this theory is right. More cost effective to maintain a fleet containing aircrafts from the same manufacture.
Isn't it time to sell those A333/A343's too, the 777 is a great aircraft
Old Feb 4, 2004, 4:34 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
SAS's fleet-planning has always appeared to be bi-polar to me.

It appears to serve the broadness of mechanic and officer training/specialties and not the efficiency of the airline's bottom line.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 6:06 pm

apparently they'll go to Spanair.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 2:56 am
Point_Chaser

And today it is reported that there will be no sale of the A321's...

http://www.boarding.no/art.asp?id=11012

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.