Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
I know that GOT340 got upgraded to new SQ F on CPH-SIN travelling with a C ticket. He had tears in his eyes when he got that dark red boarding card

edit: It was probably FRA-SIN
Oh lord, good old days ( last summer ) route was actually ZRH-SIN, which seem to be a premium route for SQ. They are doubling frequency to 2 daily 777-300 ER.

I think upgrade was pure operational since flight was totally full, dont tell me why I got the upgrade though, F was full with 8 pax. Actually I was more then happy with C.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Today;

SK993 ARN-PEK M -> Y (I'm going to call this an op-up. I asked to upgrade myself and a companion M -> C and they let me do this for 20k points/person, "giving" me the M -> Y "free". The load in M looked to be 100%.)
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:25 pm

Charging 20K for M -> C for EBG seems to be normal practice ^
I can´t remember to ever have paid 30K for M -> C ever but have always been operationally upgraded to Y in the process while having to pay 30K for my co-traveller without status.
Remember that this is against the official rules but a very good recognition of EBG by SK staff.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Hi

Has anybody ever gotten an upgrade on South African Airways?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by gardkarlsen
Hi

Has anybody ever gotten an upgrade on South African Airways?
Flew SAA C a few weeks ago LHR-JNB, C was fully booked. And since SAA on their Airbuses has quite a small C cabin, I think chances for upgrade unfortunately are very slim.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:52 am

BDG - first M->Y at gate for volunteering (at check-in), then shortly before boarding Y->C as both Y and M seemed full. GA told me because I had been so nice but I saw someone sit in my newly assigned Y seat. Also one available seat left in C.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: EBG
Me and three friends (all of them without status with Star Alliance) was travelling to PEK in January via ARN and CPH. At ARN I asked if there was any possibility for an upgrade, she looked at the flight on the computer and said no. When we later boarded the plane in CPH three of us got seats in the C part of the plane. The last friend without the upgrade got very annoyed and angry so we walked over to the desk in CPH and after some discussions and waiving with my Gold card he also got upgraded.

A great start on a leisure trip with your friends!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:33 pm

Get upgraded two times from economy to c!! both times from cph to beijing( they must love me in denmark) And I am still only ebs!!!

The last time I asked at the gate for using points for an upgrade but the woman just said something like " d aei juuleetiid o dåå ää vi snele"

I guess it was just my luck... and I wounder what it will be for me when i get my ebg... will I ever fly anything else than c?? hehe
Old Mar 11, 2008, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by blind48
... and I wounder what it will be for me when i get my ebg... will I ever fly anything else than c?? hehe
probably yes, as they tend to op-up EBS like that. Oh good old CPH...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: EBG
Well, it doesen´t happen that often. I have been EBG for the last 6 years, but I don´t remember getting any op-ups as EBS or EBB for that matter.
I don´t remeber when this happened, but the last one was from OSL to FRA in 2006...
Most of the op-ups, was as far as I remember 2003-2006

OSL-FRA - M to Y
GVA-OSL - M to C
ARN-ORD - M to C
CPH - ORD - M to Y
EWR - CPH - M to C (myelf and a friend)
ARN - ORD - M to C
ORD-CPH - M to Y
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I fly mostly intra-Europe, but on the whole I've had a fair amount of op-ups.

As far as I can remember:

ARN-CDG: M to Y once
CDG-ARN: M to C twice
CDG-CPH: M to C twice
ARN-LHR: M to Y once
LHR-ARN: M to C 3 or 4 times and M to Y once

I have also received a good amount of hotel upgrades.
Here are some of the hotels where I have received proper upgrades (i.e. to next room category or better) due to EBG status:
Radisson Scandinavia Gothenburg, Radisson Portman London, Radisson Berlin, Radisson Frankfurt, Radisson Gillet Uppsala, Radisson Warsaw, Radisson Krakow, Radisson Lisbon, Radisson Budapest, Regent Zagreb, Radisson Bangkok, Best Western President Istanbul
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: AY frequent flyer
This Monday I got op-upped on CPH-HEL to economy extra. This was the only upgrade on SK. LH upgraded me once to business on FRA-HEL route after I nicely asked the gate agent.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 3:10 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Today I got an op-up M->C on HEL-CPH on a British Aerospace 146-100. The nicest part was, that one of the 5 empty seats on the plane was the middle seat next to me. This was my last flight on a HEL-AMS-SIN milage run/mini break that included a trip to BKK and CNX.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 8:34 am

Programs: EBG, Enrich
Me and my wife have been uppgraded four times since 2003:
2003/02 ARN-EWR and EWR-ARN (M to C)
2003/11 CPH-NRT and NRT-CPH (M to C)
2005/12 ARN-EWR and EWR-ARN (M to C)
2006/11 CPH-BKK and BKK-CPH (M toC)
and att lot of upgrades at Radisson´s!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Cikada
Me and my wife have been uppgraded four times since 2003:
2003/02 ARN-EWR and EWR-ARN (M to C)
2003/11 CPH-NRT and NRT-CPH (M to C)
2005/12 ARN-EWR and EWR-ARN (M to C)
2006/11 CPH-BKK and BKK-CPH (M toC)
and att lot of upgrades at Radisson´s!
wow, that is nice, in particular as you indicate two persons and bypassing Y+ entirely. Are we talking about op-upg. or point-upg.? Assuiming that you mean op-upg. how did you get them/where did you ask?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.