Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Dozens of CPH cancellations due to wildcat strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dozens of CPH cancellations due to wildcat strike

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by lnixon
And ARN is having traffic controller problems again. Hooray! Just as I rebooked my HAM-CPH-LPI flight to HAM-ARN-LPI.
At least you will get a new computer to play with soon! I decided to take the train down to Malmö this weekend instead of flying.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Strike is over

http://www.sas.dk/templates/Flexible...epslanguage=DA

http://www.jp.dk/indland/artikel:aid=4374624/

Final consequence (hopefully):

24. april 113 flights canceled because of the strike
25. april 290 flights canceled because of the strike
26. april 282 flights canceled because of the strike
27. april 28 flights (till now) canceled because of the strike
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:27 pm

Programs: SK *B (?)
Originally Posted by johanmm
At least you will get a new computer to play with soon!
810 computers, to be precise.

I'm sure that all this will result in me getting stuck at ARN, and it will turn out I would have gotten home on schedule if I had stayed with my original plan. Ho-hum.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:56 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
As I predicted earlier, today's DN lead opinion piece concerns the strike at SAS. It states that the strike has lowered confidence in SAS as a whole but lays the blame primarily on the Danes. Wonderful to see the Swedish patronising their fellow scandinavians again

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=573&a=643697
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=678&a=643602

Interestingly enough the writer(s) take the stand that dehubbing CPH is part of a move to a new flexible SAS and this strike action is because the Danes have the most to loose from the "new" SAS.

Trying to see the silver lining in all of this - perhaps this is a good indication, that SAS cannot be completely paralysed by one union, that SAS Sweden and SAS Braatens will continue flying.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:36 am

Programs: too many to list
Originally Posted by miikka
I think they should be having their summer vacations on summer time. Of course! Summer time is very short in here so they deserve summer vacations on proper time.
I apologize, if I am going too far off the topic here... but I can understand very well that the cabin attendants want to have their vacations at the same time with the rest of their families - I think that most of us with a family do. At the same time I do understand that the cabin attendants often need to work irregular hours, and my thoughts are with everyone that had their travel plans ruined because of the strike.

In my opinion, the root cause of the problem here is that working as a cabin attendant is seen as a lifelong career. That may be great for the people that don't yet have a family or choose to never have one, but it must be very difficult to coordinate that job with family life.

In some other airlines - at least Singapore Airlines, I think - the cabin attendants work for a few years, on a fixed-lenght contract, generally right after graduation when they don't have a family. After the contract is over, they can start their families, and start working in a different career, which is probably easier to the family.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:03 am

Programs: Delta GM
Advice Needed Please

I am scheduled to fly out of GOT tomorrow on SK433 in order to connect to Copenhagen-Newark flight 909. Am I safe to count on that, or should I take the train to Copenhagen today instead? If I wait until tomorrow and the flight from GOT doesn't go I'll never make the connection trying to go by train in the morning. Advice appreciated!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

It looks to me that traffic today is back to normal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.