Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Dozens of CPH cancellations due to wildcat strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dozens of CPH cancellations due to wildcat strike

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:07 am

Latest info regarding tomorrow:

Following SAS flights are cancelled Thursday April 26th:
SK1461 Oslo-CPH
SK1463 Oslo-CPH
SK0620 Düsseldorf-CPH
SK1568 Parig/CDG-CPH
SK0713 Helsinki-CPH
SK2594 Bruxelles-CPH
SK1202 Aalborg-CPH
SK2863 Bergen-CPH
SK0433 Göteborg-CPH
SK1690 Milano/Linate-CPH
SK1439 Göteborg-CPH
SK1242 Aarhus-CPH
SK0550 Amsterdam-CPH
SK1758 Gdansk-CPH
SK2861 Bergen-CPH
SK1228 Aalborg-CPH
SK2723 Tampere-CPH
SK2711 Turku-CPH
SK0648 Hamburg-CPH
SK1672 Hanover-CPH
SK0668 Stavanger-CPH
SK1240 Aarhus-CPH
SK2885 Kristiansand-CPH
SK2749 Palanga-CPH
SK1871 Stavanger-CPH
SK1873 Stavanger-CPH
SK0500 London/Heathrow-CPH
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:16 am

Some news in Danish:

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Penge/2007/04/25/113938.htm

http://www.berlingske.dk/indland/artikel:aid=888678

Anybody who is familiar with the "Arbejdsretten"? What is it and how will it affect this situation? They have already demanded that the cabin crews return to their jobs, but they refuse to do so... And the SAS representative says that they will NOT negotiate with them as long as they're on strike, and that they will see them again tomorrow in "Arbejdsretten"...
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Point_Chaser
Some news in Danish:

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Penge/2007/04/25/113938.htm

http://www.berlingske.dk/indland/artikel:aid=888678

Anybody who is familiar with the "Arbejdsretten"? What is it and how will it affect this situation? They have already demanded that the cabin crews return to their jobs, but they refuse to do so... And the SAS representative says that they will NOT negotiate with them as long as they're on strike, and that they will see them again tomorrow in "Arbejdsretten"...
I believe that the Arbejdsretten is what decides what is right/wrong when employer/union does not agree.

Arbejdsretten has said that they have to go back to work, and I believe not doing so really means that SAS can fire them "at will". Not that they have anyone to replace them with.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:48 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Arbeidsretten is best translated into "labour court", so the SAS does have the law on their side when they demand the F/A to return to their duties
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
So what poor working conditions are the CPH-based crew saying they face? I didn't realize Denmark was such a bad place for workers I think there may be many aspiring crew in TLL who would not mind working under the tough working conditions faced by the CPH crew
Old Apr 25, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: SK *B (?)
Originally Posted by jfidler
So what poor working conditions are the CPH-based crew saying they face?
Stuff like going eight hours without scheduled meal breaks, not having any influence over when you get vacation, and similar.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Now they are providing some information about the strike in Finnish SAS pages, finally.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Thinking about this mess and Danish work habits and unions vis a vis Sweden.... it recalled Riget Part II when Ernst-Hugo catches the orderlies (Jens Okking and Otto Brandenburg) drinking "guldbajer".

"Här sitter ni och dricker STARRRKÖL..."

Danskjävlar!
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lnixon
Stuff like going eight hours without scheduled meal breaks, not having any influence over when you get vacation, and similar.
This I would like to see documented
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
This I would like to see documented
Yes. I'm not saying those are factual truths, it's just what's being claimed according to the press. I should have made that clearer.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by larsll
Any ideas on how long this will last? I have a ticket CPH-FRA tomorrow late afternoon (with onward connection to SZG), and I am getting uneasy about it all. Non-full-flex ticket also gives me very few options regarding planning ahead. And since SK flies most of the CPH-FRA flights...
Looks bad. http://www.berlingske.dk/indland/artikel:aid=888910 :

"SAS' kabinepersonale fortsætter den overenskomststridige strejke, og derfor er stort set alle fly nødt til at blive på landjorden endnu en dag, lyder det fra SAS' kommunikationsdirektør, Anne Bove Nielsen.

- Vi aflyser stort set alle fly frem til klokken 14 torsdag."

Basically all flights cancelled until 2 pm tomorrow, so far.

I'm starting to worry about my flight home from HAM on Friday, so I'll probably reroute through ARN, even if I have to cut my conference short. The cabin crew isn't getting a lot of sympathy from me right now.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 3:53 pm

Does anybody have any idea how long such a strike may continue? What is the longest SK strike so far?

I have a feeling SAS will make serious threats to fire people soon to try to get them back to work, but somehow it just feels like they don't want to listen... They were ordered back to work today, but still continued their strike...
Old Apr 25, 2007, 4:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I hope that everything is back to "normal" tomorrow
Old Apr 25, 2007, 4:58 pm

There is a very good "leader"/commentary in tomorrow's DI regarding this strike!

The heading is "One wild SAS-strike too many" and it points out pretty much what we've been saying here in FT -> This hurts SK so much, not only in lost revenues and compensation costs, but most importantly all the badwill it creates! It continues on to say that during cutbacks and in such a fiercly competitive environment as the airline industry, the employees also have to expect somewhat worsening conditions... And they clearly state that SAS cannot back down on this one!

In an article in the same paper tomorrow, SK DK's PR manager Jens Langergaard is quoted to say that they hope that things will turn back to normal tomorrow, Thursday.

We'll see tomorrow!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:43 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
deleted på Someone83

Last edited by Someone83; Apr 26, 2007 at 1:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.