Wiki Posts
Search

Comments by Mats Jansson in DI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EB, Hilton HHonors
Comments by Mats Jansson in DI

Just wanted to share with you some comments from Mats Jansson in yesterdays Dagens Industri. I couldn´t find the article online.
It was during SAS Annual General Meeting that he told that SAS needs to improve their result by 3 billion SEK. They should reach their target by lowering costs and increasing ther revenues. He also said that they sholud define the roles of the airlines within the SAS Group.
The traffic to USA are the most profitable intercontinental routes and SAS will continue to put their focus on transaltantic routes.
Finally, he promised that SAS would improve thair punctuality, and that EuroBonus would improve.
The unveling of Mats Janssons plan for SAS are still scheduled for mid May.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:40 am

Welcome to FT, Jocke. Nice to get new members.

I´ve been wondering why SAS canno´t make good money on their Asian routes and yet they make money on TA-routes. The competition should be more fierce into the US. Good news if they actually are trying to make EB better again. My biggest problem is the 25% earnings. Even Finnair gives 50% on el cheapo tix.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jocke08
The traffic to USA are the most profitable intercontinental routes and SAS will continue to put their focus on transaltantic routes.
This is a very interesting point.. While other carriers feel that the Far East is the gold mine, SAS makes their biggest profit over the Atlantic...

It would be interesting to read this article, anyone seen it online?

A warm welcome (after a loooong time lurking ) from me as well, Jocke08
Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by tommy777
This is a very interesting point.. While other carriers feel that the Far East is the gold mine, SAS makes their biggest profit over the Atlantic...
I remember reading an article where it was stated that the most growth currently is currently seen in routes between USA and Asia and between Europe and Asia.

Maybe there is something SAS has discovered regarding Atlantic routes but haven't been able to utilise that in Asia routes.

I wonder if it would be just too risky to concentrate on Atlantic routes and create very good codeshares to Asia with other carriers ...

Last edited by miikka; Apr 19, 2007 at 11:30 am
Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:24 pm

The article isn't online as it's part of their "real" paper edition...
I've got the full page as a PDF though so if anybody wants it, just PM me.
The page also includes the FlyMe article mentioned by Jacob_m in another thread.
There's not a whole lot that Mats says in the article though more than the above quote...

Tommy, you've got it in your hotmail account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.