Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyMe bankrupt!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2007, 6:59 am

Wonder how long Sterling will do the domestic flights.
Several of their domestic flights are cancelled (my guess is due to extremely low loads), and almost all of their flights are available at the very lowest price which is 299SEK... Sounds very scary to me and I don't expect them to survive the domestic business for very long!
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
The story about FlyMe continues.
According to an article in Dagens Industri they are planning on re-launching the airline.
New investors have been found, some of the people with key positions in "old FlyMe" have been re-employed and new aircrafts seem to have been leased.

I really wonder if this will really work!! Will anybody really want to fly FlyMe again (assuming they manage to start up again) after the bankrupcy?
Especially as it seems like most people on management level will be the same as before.
I would definitely think twice about buying a ticket!

The investor is still unknown though, although there are rumours the investor could actually be SAS itself, to prevent more domestic competition and gain a higher market share, although this has been denied.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:52 am

Why would SAS start a new airline? Havent they learned anything about Snowflake? The SAS group already has too many airlines and brands flying around different markets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.