Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
The Scandianvian Lounge in OSL is also closed, but I suspect this is due to the low volume of elite PAX traveling these days.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
February Trip

Hi,
I'm flying on CO/KF through ARN to HEL on Feb 17/18. I was wondering if someone could sponsor me to any of the ARN lounges on Feb. 18th between 8:00 and 11:15 AM or at HEL after 2:15 PM. Thank you so much.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
I have a meeting in Stockholm at 10, so I'll probably be on the 7:45 flight out of OSL. Drop me a PM.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:39 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
The Scandianvian Lounge in OSL is also closed, but I suspect this is due to the low volume of elite PAX traveling these days.
I think you are right, last week the business lounge was closed at OSL so those pax were let into the Scandinavian lounge. I was alone in the lounge and there were 5 pax on my 738 to CPH at 07.10. Odd feeling.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:53 am

Dupe.

Last edited by view; Jan 4, 2011 at 3:44 am
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Just discovered this forum in December whilst checking on the flight chaos due to snow in Europe. What a great resource! I consider myself pretty much an "infrequent" flyer - but with 3 or 4 return trips in Y or B to Europe each year plus some domestic flights I can make EBG, even with a registered address in China. As such I guess I am going to be asking more questions than answering, but I'll help out when I can. First trip of the year back to Europe coming up this week!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:48 am

Finally to the step and accepted a new job. A step up and forward but it will not require nearly as much travel.

Changing ARN-LIN, MAD, DXB and MCO to ARN-GOT and MMX (at the most). After five years as a road warrior I actually now look forward to be able to come home to the little family after a days work.

I will still be lurking around though….

Cheers,

anbrand
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Congratulations. A change of pace and flight patterns can be appreciated. Just expect more "home work".

Anyone know the best way to make a claim -- under the EU rules applicable to flight cancellations/delays -- about an SK flight cancellation for CPH-UK due to a mechanical situation with the SK trip making a 2 hour journey into a 6 hour journey? This is for a ticket bought outside of Europe for a simple intra-EU roundtrip.

Originally Posted by GinFizz
Just discovered this forum in December whilst checking on the flight chaos due to snow in Europe. What a great resource! I consider myself pretty much an "infrequent" flyer - but with 3 or 4 return trips in Y or B to Europe each year plus some domestic flights I can make EBG, even with a registered address in China. As such I guess I am going to be asking more questions than answering, but I'll help out when I can. First trip of the year back to Europe coming up this week!
Welcome to FT.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Congratulations. A change of pace and flight patterns can be appreciated. Just expect more "home work".

Anyone know the best way to make a claim -- under the EU rules applicable to flight cancellations/delays -- about an SK flight cancellation for CPH-UK due to a mechanical situation with the SK trip making a 2 hour journey into a 6 hour journey? This is for a ticket bought outside of Europe for a simple intra-EU roundtrip.

Welcome to FT.
I had a recent similar case with SK where we disagreed on the interpretation of the EU rules. In the end I sent the case to ARN who refused the case as it was in the future and incurred no financial loss. By the time I got that message it was already time to travel and due to other circumstances I had already rebooked. But I don't know how to enforce the EU rules for future bookings. Perhaps www.flightmole.com knows?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Gnopps
I had a recent similar case with SK where we disagreed on the interpretation of the EU rules. In the end I sent the case to ARN who refused the case as it was in the future and incurred no financial loss. By the time I got that message it was already time to travel and due to other circumstances I had already rebooked. But I don't know how to enforce the EU rules for future bookings. Perhaps www.flightmole.com knows?
How about for bookings where the original SK flight was canceled due to a mechanical situation, and the already flow SK-rebooked flight was also delayed by 2 hours due to another mechanical situation that same day?

I'm not surprised that the authorities in Sweden weren't cooperative in your situation. I'm just curious if they'd even be cooperative in terms of complying with the EU/EC directive for trips already taken and if the claim should be made in Denmark and/or if it can be made in Sweden just as well as in Denmark. [I ask this because a lot of those CPH-originating passengers are Swedish residing in Sweden.]
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The SAS lounge in Chicago is closed at the moment due to remodelling. They tell you to use the Swiss lounge instead. It is completely empty at Swiss lounge around 14:00 (1.5 hours before boarding time of the SK flight to ARN), I am the only visitor. No food expects bisquits (Pepperidge Farm, however).
Old Jan 17, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: SK*G, Club Carlson Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by mhle
The SAS lounge in Chicago is closed at the moment due to remodelling. They tell you to use the Swiss lounge instead. It is completely empty at Swiss lounge around 14:00 (1.5 hours before boarding time of the SK flight to ARN), I am the only visitor. No food expects bisquits (Pepperidge Farm, however).
Thanks for letting us know mhle! Was there any mention on how long it's supposed to be closed?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hencjo
Thanks for letting us know mhle! Was there any mention on how long it's supposed to be closed?
Unfortunately I did not check how long the SK lounge in ORD is closed. They informed about the remodelling already in the check-in desk.

They did provide some food closer to the departure of the flight to ARN, but the Swiss lounge is not a nice option compared to the SK lounge. Must be very crowded in the late afternoon before the SK CPH flight and LX flight.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: Eurobonus Pandion, Flying Blue, Thon, Sixt Car Rental, Hilton Honors, A-Club
Travel plans, and hence, lounge visits for me:

25.1 OSL 20:00
CPH 22:00

30.1 CPH 19:30

1.2 CDG 17:00

The times are approx times, I can invite a guest so if someone is there around the same time you could let me know...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by mhle
Must be very crowded in the late afternoon before the SK CPH flight and LX flight.
not to worry. The LX flights leave at 19.15 IIRC and the SK CPH flight is 3 hours later - as one of the last flights out of T5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.