Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by henry999
...at ORD it was 'I'll note your request in the PNR; go to the gate an hour before departure to confirm' -- which then didn't happen, supposedly because of 'no meals'.
Well, there is something with the ORD-CPH. Have been in the front row of M many times with a empty mini-C-cabin in front. And they deny upgrade due meal shortage. What if they did as was the standard back in the 767 days and upgraded all status pax to the mini-cabin and stated that the service will be M-style? As it is a night flight I would actually be very happy with the seat.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Well, there is something with the ORD-CPH. Have been in the front row of M many times with a empty mini-C-cabin in front. And they deny upgrade due meal shortage. What if they did as was the standard back in the 767 days and upgraded all status pax to the mini-cabin and stated that the service will be M-style? As it is a night flight I would actually be very happy with the seat.
The 'we have plenty of seats, you have plenty of points, but we can't upgrade you because no meals' (especially M->Y) is extremely annoying. SAS can't possibly think people upgrade for the food...
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: M&M SEN + OW Gold + HH Gold + Club Carlson Gold + SPG Gold
Swiss J

What kind of lounge access do you have booking a Swiss J ticket? Copenhagen and Zurich*
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Nord
What kind of lounge access do you have booking a Swiss J ticket? Copenhagen and Zurich*
Presuming you don´t have *G-status you will have access to the SAS Business Lounge (lower floor) at CPH. Don´t think you will be able to use Fast Track Security unfortunately.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:14 am

Programs: M&M SEN + OW Gold + HH Gold + Club Carlson Gold + SPG Gold
Zurich

And in Zurich?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Nord
And in Zurich?
You will have access to LX's Business lounge.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere but if I travel on SQ, UA or LH on a RTW special I will get one point for each mile? It looks like that on SAS Eurobonus pages but can I trust that?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
You will have access to LX's Business lounge.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere but if I travel on SQ, UA or LH on a RTW special I will get one point for each mile? It looks like that on SAS Eurobonus pages but can I trust that?
There is also a Lufthansa (Star Alliance) lounge in Zurich which you also can access. A month a go I had a 2 hour transfer in ZRH flying on LXs discounted business fares, and spent an hour in each
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:32 am
fcl

Programs: EBS
Slow sunday morning at ARN

I am in the Business Lounge at ARN waiting for SK903 to EWR. Checked in with BN1 and upgraded with points to from 20G to 1A at the checkin desk.

There where two checkin counters open and an additional person who processed my checkin. Asked about the increased cost of upgrades but he hadn't heared anything and asked what the new levels would be. The normal check-in staff put priority tags on my bags even before I had secured the upgrade.

The plan is to upgrade from Y to C on the way back on SK904 next Sunday. In the current economy and with the increased cost of upgradse it feels like best to burn point now rather than later. (This trip meant that I had to cancel the CPH-NRT rewards trip next week, and instead fly on a business trip to the US, so I had already meantally burnt some of the points!)
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:57 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fcl
The plan is to upgrade from Y to C on the way back...
Good luck. Hope they have enough meals!

cheers,

Henry
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Greetings from the SilverKris lounge in SYD. Waiting to board the SQ A380 to SIN - got the emergency exit seats on the upper floor. Sure it's economy but it's the best non-J/R seat onboard

It's Mrs Bjornstrom's first flight with SQ - will be interesting to hear her opinons after a few flights (SYD-SIN-SGN-SIN-DXB in the next week).

Not looking forward to being based in ARN from March 1st so we'll have to gather a Stockholm-DO/Dinner pretty soon!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:05 am

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
Greetings from the SilverKris lounge in SYD. Waiting to board the SQ A380 to SIN - got the emergency exit seats on the upper floor. Sure it's economy but it's the best non-J/R seat onboard

It's Mrs Bjornstrom's first flight with SQ - will be interesting to hear her opinons after a few flights (SYD-SIN-SGN-SIN-DXB in the next week).

Not looking forward to being based in ARN from March 1st so we'll have to gather a Stockholm-DO/Dinner pretty soon!
Happy flying...I also want A380 on my list ....I´m sure you will enjoy the journey
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
It was only a 7:35 flight of which Mrs Bjornstrom slept most of the way. I kept awake watching movies to make sure I was tired when we landed at 21:50.

When we left the aircraft (almost last) I got a chance to try the SQ Suites onboard. A purser gave me a tour and they are amazing. Sadly the Mrs was a bit grumpy and wanted to leave for the hotel ASAP so no pics. Next time she stays home

A few notes:

- Emergency exit row on top floor gives about 3 meters legroom but no window.

- Boarding and de-Boarding to top floor Economy is done by walking through the whole plane and then stairs up to 2nd floor. Takes forever to leave the aircraft since you are last off (with 475 people onboard).

- Very light load on our flight - maybe only 50%.

- I was surprised how much the plastic around the emergency exit squeeks and churns at low altitudes. Felt like it was 20 years old...

- Surprisingly much turbulence in such a large aircraft. I wouldn't have flown a MD-80 through that.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: SK EBG (*G), First Hotels Platinum, Hertz PC, SJ Prio Black
Do you feel for a beer. Pls join me at the SK ARN T5 EBG lounge. I am sitting across the "buffet" with a red pullover and red matching computer. I will be here until 2015.

/Outbound
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: too many to list
Originally Posted by Outbound
I will be here until 2015.
Don't you lose your EBG and lounge eligibility, if you don't fly for six years?

(sorry, couldn't resist)
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Enjoying the D concourse lounge at BKK. 2x Y->C upgrades secured at check-in. They are still promoting direct ARN-BKK flights with roll-ups and check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.