Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Schedule Change Support & Discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver

Hi all!

Never flown SAS before, so sorry for the simple questions, but had a few questions about schedule changes and ease of changing flights. Basically, my wife and I were booked in SAS Plus ORD-ARN-LHR. (leaving 5/11, arriving 5/12) Just got notified that ORD-ARN is canceled, and they rebooked us on ORD-CPH-ARN-LHR, leaving a day earlier with a 24hr layover in ARN! (Leaving 5/10, still arriving 5/12). Return CPH-ORD is intact for now.

Obviously, we would rather leave either on 5/10 and arrive 5/11 or leave 5/11 and arrive 5/12. I assume we can only do ORD-CPH-LHR? Would they route us on partners?

Any advice on how flexible they are when they schedule change in advance? Or just dealing with SAS in general? How long do I have to decide I which routing I want? I'm used to dealing with DL/AA for schedule changes and it's really easy and I can wait as long as I want before making a free change. I really do not want to do 2 stops on the way out, and I'd prefer not to take a refund since the price was excellent on this itinerary.

Thank you

Last edited by pharmflyer; Dec 14, 2023 at 7:43 am Reason: additional question
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by pharmflyer
Hi all!

Never flown SAS before, so sorry for the simple questions, but had a few questions about schedule changes and ease of changing flights. Basically, my wife and I were booked in SAS Plus ORD-ARN-LHR. (leaving 5/11, arriving 5/12) Just got notified that ORD-ARN is canceled, and they rebooked us on ORD-CPH-ARN-LHR, leaving a day earlier with a 24hr layover in ARN! (Leaving 5/10, still arriving 5/12). Return CPH-ORD is intact for now.

Obviously, we would rather leave either on 5/10 and arrive 5/11 or leave 5/11 and arrive 5/12. I assume we can only do ORD-CPH-LHR? Would they route us on partners?

Any advice on how flexible they are when they schedule change in advance? Or just dealing with SAS in general? How long do I have to decide I which routing I want? I'm used to dealing with DL/AA for schedule changes and it's really easy and I can wait as long as I want before making a free change. I really do not want to do 2 stops on the way out, and I'd prefer not to take a refund since the price was excellent on this itinerary.

Thank you
I’m afraid you need to call SAS. The computer has churned out a completely rubbish itinerary
and an agent should be able to do better. There are multiple daily direct flights CPH-LHR so if you go via CPH there should be no need to route via ARN as well.
pharmflyer likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
SAS will not rebook OAL/to other carriers this far out, but rebooking to ORD-CPH-LHR should be no issue. Just call them.
pharmflyer likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Thank you both! I like to get my preferred routings ready before I call, so this is helpful to see what my options are.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
If you want to change or cancel you need to do it within of 14 days.
pharmflyer likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! That is good to know as well.

Does anyone have experience calling vs messaging? Are the message agents competent? Might not have time to call before Monday.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:32 pm

pharmflyer I'm interested to know how this works out for you. My wife and I were on the same ORD-ARN flight one day later (5/12) in SAS Plus. I was just notified this morning and been putting off dealing with it. We could probably deal with our changes, though our departure and arrival times are much different now.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thank you! That is good to know as well.

Does anyone have experience calling vs messaging? Are the message agents competent? Might not have time to call before Monday.
When you get a real life human chat agent, they are equally efficient to the phone agents. Though I think chat operates Scandinavia business hours, but I am not sure about the hours.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just call SAS; much easier. Agents are usually experienced and competent.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:27 am

Our CPH - ORD flight was cancelled last minute last July 2023. The rebook auto option was ludicrous.

I had a very good experience calling and talking with an agent. The process took about 15 minutes as I had not been able at the moment of crisis(!) to research and plan an alternate route. The agent walked me through several options and answered my questions. Together, we came up with a solution suggested largely by me and confirmed at her end.

SAS does seem to have more changes and cancellations than I’ve experienced with other airlines. Are they still in an “emerging from bankruptcy” mode?
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:42 am
Original Poster

It was easy enough to chat and get out on the logical ORD-CPH-LHR routing it should have. They even tired to carry over my seats best they could (I had booked before they started charging for them). Night and day compared to the chat agents you get on DL.

Thanks all!
Old Dec 15, 2023, 11:19 am

Somewhat similar question, departure time for CPH-SFO on the return leg changed by 3 hours, so I believe I'm eligible for a refund even though I booked in non-refundable SAS Go Light, though correct me if I'm wrong. Can I get just cancel the return leg and get it refunded and keep my departure? Do I need to do this within 15 days?
Old Dec 16, 2023, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m not entirely convinced that SAS will allow you to cancel the return legs only; or do it without repricing the outbound flight(s) to a o/w itinerary (most likely you will not like the new price for the outbound flight(s)!). But admittedly I have no first hand experience. I suggest to give it a try (and report back in here afterwards, pls)
erics2356 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I’m not entirely convinced that SAS will allow you to cancel the return legs only; or do it without repricing the outbound flight(s) to a o/w itinerary (most likely you will not like the new price for the outbound flight(s)!). But admittedly I have no first hand experience. I suggest to give it a try (and report back in here afterwards, pls)
Yes this is what I'm expecting as well. Refund based on o/w. If I contact SAS, will they be able to give me the amount I will be refunded?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by erics2356
Yes this is what I'm expecting as well. Refund based on o/w. If I contact SAS, will they be able to give me the amount I will be refunded?
Potentially nothing, as one way long haul flights price out rather expensively, as hinted at above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.