Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EuroBonus to merge into FlyingBlue? [Unconfirmed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EuroBonus to merge into FlyingBlue? [Unconfirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various
I think we should remember that SAS just went through a restructuring process that is intended to make them profitable. I rather see two different paths here. Either SK will be profitable in a few years or they will fold.
bduperrin likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:33 am

EB Gold -> Skyteam Elite Plus?

I just achieved Gold Status with EB and am a little concerned what will happen to my benefits once EB exits StarAlliance.
Not really too concerned if I am StarAlliance or SkyTeam but I am unfortunately tied to EB through my credit card (only good option in Sweden). So status match with another StarAlliance member isn't really an option.

My question is, will EB Gold status post StarAlliance exit, map to SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus?
I feel that Elite is a lot closer to Sliver status than Gold and that would be a true bummer.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:39 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by PinotPants
I just achieved Gold Status with EB and am a little concerned what will happen to my benefits once EB exits StarAlliance.
Not really too concerned if I am StarAlliance or SkyTeam but I am unfortunately tied to EB through my credit card (only good option in Sweden). So status match with another StarAlliance member isn't really an option.

My question is, will EB Gold status post StarAlliance exit, map to SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus?
I feel that Elite is a lot closer to Sliver status than Gold and that would be a true bummer.
It's the $64,000 question for all of us. The good news for you is that if you have just achieved Gold, then you have almost 12 months to sit it out and wait for the process to be confirmed. EuroBonus will probably stick around for a while, and be merged into Flying Blue later. You can hope for an equivalent status in SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus and probably have a chance to snag a *A status match. None has been offered to EB members just yet, we have to sit it out and wait. Depends on your flying habits if a *A airline would be useful to you in the future. But I agree with you about Elite/Elite Plus.

For my part, I'm actually short of EB Gold for my requalification year (end of September 2024) so I'm in a quandary about whether to bother spending a bit more than usual on Plus Bio fares (for example) to lock in EB status for Sept-24 to Sept-25. In July I have to choose *A or ST airlines for a big trip to southern Africa. We don't yet know when SK will stop earning with *A airlines or when EB members can start earning with ST airlines.

Last edited by jamesbrownontheroad; Mar 19, 2024 at 6:48 am
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:02 am

Given that AF program maps their Silver level to Skyteam Elite, and Gold and Platinum to Skyteam Elite Plus, one would very much hope SK will follow their lead. (But no one knows, of course).
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by PinotPants
For what it's worth - and of course no absolute assurances can be derived from this for any future such status match/realignment of Eurobonus status within Skyteam - within the terms of the current paid Flying Blue status match campaign being offered to British nationals and residents, Eurobonus Silver is matched to Flying Blue Silver (Skyteam Elite), Eurobonus Gold is matched to Flying Blue Gold (Skyteam Elite Plus) and Eurobonus Diamond/Pandion are matched to Flying Blue Platinum (Skyteam Elite Plus)
Attached Images  
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by tr3k
Given that AF program maps their Silver level to Skyteam Elite, and Gold and Platinum to Skyteam Elite Plus, one would very much hope SK will follow their lead. (But no one knows, of course).
Delta has four tier levels, Silver at the bottom, followed by Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. Silver is STE and the other three are STE+. I would bet good money the lowest level would be the only one who is STE while the rest are STE+.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Delta has four tier levels, Silver at the bottom, followed by Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. Silver is STE and the other three are STE+. I would bet good money the lowest level would be the only one who is STE while the rest are STE+.
While what you say about Delta is correct, and I also agree that it is likely that only EB Silver would be mapped to ST Elite, there are other non-Delta examples that run counter to that familiar pattern.

GarudaMiles has 4 tier levels above the starter (Blue) level; Silver (which doesn't map to Skyteam status at all), Gold EC+ & Gold (which both map to Skyteam Elite status) and Platinum (which maps to Skyteam Elite Plus)

Lotusmiles has 3 tier levels above the starter (Silver) level; Gold & Titanium (which both map to Skyteam Elite) and Platinum (which maps to Skyteam Elite Plus)

Egret Club has 4 tier levels above the starter (Member) level; Silver & Gold (which both map to Skyteam Elite) and Platinum & Diamond (which both map to Skyteam Elite Plus)
Weekend Away likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various
I find it more interesting that they're statusmatching EB to FB right now.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: EBG
got lifetime gold? where will they put us on the flying blue

https://www.flyingblue.fr/en/program.../tier-benefits

Where do you think SAS eurobonus gold with lifetime are going to be put on this chart when we move over?

Platinuim?

And has anybody followed this link for the status matches that can be offered?
https://www.statusmatch.com/sas-euro...jCDAwW01oG-JAY
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by nussle
https://www.flyingblue.fr/en/program.../tier-benefits

Where do you think SAS eurobonus gold with lifetime are going to be put on this chart when we move over?

Platinuim?

And has anybody followed this link for the status matches that can be offered?
https://www.statusmatch.com/sas-euro...jCDAwW01oG-JAY
Under discussion in this thread, from post #687 onwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.