Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

FlySAS - "Please enter your frequent flyer provider code"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)

Currently trying to make a booking on the UK FlySAS website. Chosen the flights and moved on to "Travellers" section. Entered my FF details but it won't let me move on as it keeps saying "Please enter your frequent flyer provider code". FF number is definitely correct, and I've tried just the number and with "A3" ahead of it. Anyone else had this? Anynideas how to get past it?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
UPDATE

On the advice of the chat agent I booked without a FF flyer number with the intention of adding it later. I tried to do that but now just get the three blue loading dots instead. Total garbage website. If I didn't know better I'd assume SAS don't want me to enter a FF number from another airline!!!
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Wouldn't it be better to ask this question on the SAS forum?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
Wouldn't it be better to ask this question on the SAS forum?
I thought it might be A3 specific. I doubt SK FF members have this issue.
eugnk likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:25 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
This issue is likely SAS specific, as it is their website that seems to be having issues. I'm moving the thread to the SAS subforum as there will likely be more expertise available regarding the SAS website there.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:53 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hello roberino,

Welcome to the SAS | EuroBonus forums!

This seems like an odd issue as I haven't had problems entering frequent flyer numbers on the SAS website. So I thought I'd give it a quick try on one of my bookings and low and behold, re-adding my already added frequent flyer number returns an error, saying it has an invalid format.

it seems that somebody tampered with the logic that checks the details of the number and determines if it is valid or not... As a workaround I would just call or chat with them and ask the agent to add the number to your booking manually as that functionality of the manage my booking appears to be broken.
roberino likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:41 am
Original Poster

I got an agent to manually add it to my booking. Total PITA though.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I just added a United MP number for a cotraveller with zero problems. So seems it is back to working more normally.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Never had any issue from my end, even for 3rd party (consolidator) bookings such as Expedia. The FFN info usually gets transferred to SK (SAS) with no issues; except for email address, which added saluation of the passenger to contact email when booked from 3rd party.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I just added a United MP number for a cotraveller with zero problems. So seems it is back to working more normally.
Huh. Maybe just a short term glitch then.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:41 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Not a short glitch, I am trying to book a flight on FlySAS and I can not enter my FFP number, same error as OP. This is also A3 Miles & Bonus program.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:21 am

Went looking for answers to this very same problem I'm having now! What a faff!

Guess it's not resolved!
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:39 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Which FFP number are you trying to input? EB ? Something else ?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I am not sure what it is, maybe some FFP that works and some that don't. United is still not a problem.

Eurobonus has its fair share of problems when using it for other airlines, due to the changing lead letters according to status. Maybe something similar here?

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Mar 12, 2024 at 11:20 am
Old Mar 12, 2024, 10:40 am
Original Poster

They won’t change anything no they’re off to SkyTeam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.