Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by FreakySigns
You can use BGS Premier Lounge (Star Alliance) Terminal 2...
thanks, any idea about Terminal 3... SAS depart from there.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:22 am

There should be a Air China lounge which I used to visit bit I'm not sure they will allow you in with SAS Plus ticket only. (Was always traveling C as SK*G)
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by timesnaps
Hi all,

just a quicky... anyone know what (if any) lounge I can use on SAS Plus ticket at Beijing? Also, Can I use the Fastrack?

Thanks
No fasttrack what so ever at PEK (but if would make a huge difference...)
Old May 1, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
No fasttrack what so ever at PEK (but if would make a huge difference...)
As far as I remember there is a fast track at PEK, but it's as useless as the fast track in PRG. No one will stop you if you try using it without having access, and you end up in the same security check queue as everyone else after the passport check.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
PEK Intl has separate security lines/area for C/F pax, but no one bothers to enforce it really.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Melia Gold
SAS plus to PEK

Hi everyone, apologies if this has been covered already I couldn't find the correct thread. I am looking to travel from MAN-PEK via CPH in march, and a decent fare in SAS PLUS has popped up. Just wondering is SAS Plus worth the extra money and is it the new product on the A340-300s?

Also, does anyone know what the fixed upgrade prices are? If so, what would I expect to be looking at for upgrading the CPH-PEK leg from Plus to Business?

Thanks in advance and I apologise if this has been covered before,

Thanks

Lukecdw
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:57 am

All planes have been fitted with the new Plus seats, so it will be the new cabin even if you end on the backup one.

Plus is a significant improvement over standard economy and quite enjoyable. Going west I won't even bother upgrade to Business, going East the upgrade will be something looking forward to as the new business cabin is great. (anyway, here is a slim chance to end up on the backup plane with an older C cabin, but it will have lie-flats in any case)

You can bid on an upgrade using the SAS upgrade system or gamble to be able to pay for the upgrade at check-in. Prices will be around 250€ to 500€, in most cases closer to 400€

For the upgrade bid and common pricing take a look at this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...itches-ot.html
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I completely agree with fassy. In addition I expect the minimum upgrade bid to be 400€. For flights prior September the minimum bid reported was 250€. Maybe they will tweak the price more until March but who knows into which direction.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
I also find the Plus cabin a very good and good priced product.

For PEK I see no reasons to gamble with Plus Grade or gate upgrade, as the price dif. to eco often can be around 225 Euro wen bought straight and well in advance.

Don’t know if the MAN-CPH-leg will do any big harm to that price, though, as it will send you in Plus on the short haul as well.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:17 am

thank you everyone for your replies. I have booked SAS business for both ways as the deal was too good to pass up. could I have some advice on whether to select a seat in the front main cabin or the smaller rear business cabin?

Thanks very much again,

Lukecdw
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lukecdw
thank you everyone for your replies. I have booked SAS business for both ways as the deal was too good to pass up. could I have some advice on whether to select a seat in the front main cabin or the smaller rear business cabin?

Thanks very much again,

Lukecdw
I would go as far forward as possible, mainly due to engine noise levels.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Very subjective feedback but I'd recommend the opposite.

SK fails at priority de-boarding meaning that if you sit in row 1 you'll have the entire Plus cabin and half of coach ahead of you at immigration. On outbounds I'll be in 8A to avoid that.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Very subjective feedback but I'd recommend the opposite.

SK fails at priority de-boarding meaning that if you sit in row 1 you'll have the entire Plus cabin and half of coach ahead of you at immigration. On outbounds I'll be in 8A to avoid that.
Second that!
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:50 pm

is there any difference in service sitting in row 8 I.E. will I get last meal choice etc?

thanks for all help everyone!
Lukecdw
Old Oct 8, 2016, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lukecdw
is there any difference in service sitting in row 8 I.E. will I get last meal choice etc?

thanks for all help everyone!
Lukecdw
Service is front to back. As the options are brought to the seat for selection, there is no priority for status or booking class. It is purely on where you sit. Though among the many complaints coming through here, I have not heard many "my first choice was not available" As I am typically in row 1 or 2, it has never been a point of concern for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.