Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
In general I would always take x-3-x over x-4-x or x-5-x (could be an option for A380 or 748 as far as I know) since in the worst case only one guy is climbing over you.

Had a couple of flights on LH380 on seat <whatever>D while the pax in <whatever>G was sleeping (or at least pretended to be) the pax in E and F always opted to move out through my side... of course never at the same time
The 3-5-3 is being discussed by Airbus and Emirates for the A380. They have to move the floor a bit, can't remember if it is up or down, to make it fit. It has not been officially offered yet. I have not heard Boeing discussing it for the 747-8.

I have never had the double excuse me in a 4 middle block. People usually disturb their aisle neighbours. Maybe I am just lucky.

My favourite 777 layout in economy is the 2-4-3. Allows more good options.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:26 am

They will need to move the floor up in the A380 to gain a few centimeters as currently the floor is below the widest point of the barrel.

I'm not sure but I think I heard it about the 748 as well - perhaps just a market rumour.

2-4-3 is indeed a good option if you travel with family or friends in groups of different sizes.

Last edited by fassy; Sep 19, 2014 at 9:48 am
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
My favourite 777 layout in economy is the 2-4-3. Allows more good options.
I fully agree with this. We can "thank" Emirates who opted B777 3+4+3 config. and most pax who do not seems to take any care about that density. As Emirates has claimed. Well, at least it is a financial boost for airline industry.

But back to business, any article or more facts about SAS PLUS long haul cuts?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Looking at the latest menu, it seems you are right there has been a serious cut here. Looking at the web site (ony checked the Danish) snacks between meals are still included. A lack of clarity for sure...
Not to be too nitpicky, but the website also states, "indulge yourself with a glass of champagne" in SAS Plus. While they do have sparkling wine (and IMHO a fair one, especially with OJ), isn't it some sort of violation to advertise other bubbly as champagne (at least in the EU)? Just another clarity issue.

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
But back to business, any article or more facts about SAS PLUS long haul cuts?
Well, I just took a look at the intercontinental menu they have online, presumably the same one printed in the back of the shopping catalogue onboard. It does say "Plus All Included" in the purple box.

But, right next to it, there's this:
As a traveller in SAS PLUS you’ll be able to enjoy a hot dinner, a hot/cold snack or breakfast – depending on what time of day you’re flying. All drinks are included at all times. We can also offer you an in between service, when you can choose from a selection of snacks and sandwiches! (Service depending on destination and flight time. Café snacks are always available for purchase in the aft galley.)
Bolding mine. So, it looks like the mid-flight sandwich/fruit service is the free "in between" service mentioned, while all other snacks are for purchase. It still doesn't explain the smoothie, unless that's considered a "snack" instead of a drink. Or why SAS Plus pax have to shell out even more cash once onboard in the first place.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Thumbs up Long Haul SAS Plus is now (truly) All Inclusive - Finally!

As mentioned by herro in this thread, Plus pax on long haul flights now "officially" receive complimentary drinks and snacks (including smoothies!!), just like on intra-Europe flights. They may have implemented this before now, but AFAIK, this is the first I've seen anything in print (from SAS).

The SAS July and August Entertainment Guide shows that the "Drinks and Snacks" menu is no more. The Go Menu highlights the first service and second service, and lists all the drink and snack options as before. Now, there is a dedicated Plus Menu on the last page, with the verbiage "Café snacks are always available for purchase in the aft galley" removed.

PLUS MENU
As a PLUS Traveler you’re welcome to enjoy our complimentary service through the entire flight. Do not hesitate to ask your flight attendant what today’s meals consist of. Enjoy!

COCKTAIL HOUR
Cocktail snacks with drinks of your choice

FIRST SERVING
Starter, main course and dessert
Drinks of your choice
Coffee/tea and avec

MID FLIGHT
Service of assorted snacks and refreshments

SECOND SERVING
Light meal or breakfast
(depending on flight time and destination)
Drinks of your choice
Coffee/tea
It's nice to know that you will no longer be asked to pay for a bag of crisps, nuts, or chocolate as a "premium economy" passenger.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I can hardly believe it. I need to see it first with my own eyes before I will believe it...
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Tennen
As mentioned by herro in this thread, Plus pax on long haul flights now "officially" receive complimentary drinks and snacks (including smoothies!!), just like on intra-Europe flights. They may have implemented this before now, but AFAIK, this is the first I've seen anything in print (from SAS).

The SAS July and August Entertainment Guide shows that the "Drinks and Snacks" menu is no more. The Go Menu highlights the first service and second service, and lists all the drink and snack options as before. Now, there is a dedicated Plus Menu on the last page, with the verbiage "Café snacks are always available for purchase in the aft galley" removed.

It's nice to know that you will no longer be asked to pay for a bag of crisps, nuts, or chocolate as a "premium economy" passenger.
It is quite nice to see that SAS is moving in a better direction when it comes to the service - that together with the new cabins are making things a lot better in my world ^
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:40 am

SAS plus CPH - ORD - MSP return

First time experience with SAS.
SAS didn't manage to book the UA connection flights in premium economy, even booked and confirmed.
Complaint not answered after 4 weeks.
SAS will be a one time experience for me.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fischmuc
First time experience with SAS.
SAS didn't manage to book the UA connection flights in premium economy, even booked and confirmed.
Complaint not answered after 4 weeks.
SAS will be a one time experience for me.
Not quite sure what you mean, but if you are referring to flying Economy+ on UA from ORD to MSP, that would not be part of partner bookings. E+ on United is not really Premium Economy, it is just extra legroom on the flight. It would need to be purchased additionally via united.com or obtained via a UA elite status.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Tennen
Well, I just took a look at the intercontinental menu they have online, presumably the same one printed in the back of the shopping catalogue onboard. It does say "Plus All Included" in the purple box.

But, right next to it, there's this:
As a traveller in SAS PLUS you’ll be able to enjoy a hot dinner, a hot/cold snack or breakfast – depending on what time of day you’re flying. All drinks are included at all times. We can also offer you an in between service, when you can choose from a selection of snacks and sandwiches! (Service depending on destination and flight time. Café snacks are always available for purchase in the aft galley.)
Bolding mine. So, it looks like the mid-flight sandwich/fruit service is the free "in between" service mentioned, while all other snacks are for purchase. It still doesn't explain the smoothie, unless that's considered a "snack" instead of a drink. Or why SAS Plus pax have to shell out even more cash once onboard in the first place.
Does anyone have a recent experience concerning this issue?

In the information about intercontinental flights SK states
For SAS Go:
During the flight, you can purchase other beverages, snacks and candy from our onboard menu.
For SAS Plus:
Between meals, we also serve juice, water & snacks.
So it seems like they are for purchase in SAS Go but included in SAS Plus.

Then I check the intercontinental menu I can see online and SK does not mention SAS Plus at all.

And to top that in the Food & Shopping information SK states that
On our intercontinental flights, food, snacks & drinks are included in all booking classes (alcohol-free drinks in SAS Go). The selection & variety depends on the time of day you are flying & whether you're traveling in SAS Go or SAS Plus. In addition, you can also purchase drinks & snacks from our onboard menu.
Now I am completely confused. So what is included onboard in SAS Plus?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Does anyone have a recent experience concerning this issue?

In the information about intercontinental flights SK states
For SAS Go:

For SAS Plus:

So it seems like they are for purchase in SAS Go but included in SAS Plus.

Then I check the intercontinental menu I can see online and SK does not mention SAS Plus at all.

And to top that in the Food & Shopping information SK states that

Now I am completely confused. So what is included onboard in SAS Plus?
Everything is basically included. There should not be any case of pulling out the credit card.

When I flew Plus between NRT and CPH in August they had a sandwich and drinks round mid flight, plus they came through the cabin with snack baskets from time to time.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Everything is basically included. There should not be any case of pulling out the credit card.

When I flew Plus between NRT and CPH in August they had a sandwich and drinks round mid flight, plus they came through the cabin with snack baskets from time to time.
That is what I'd expect in premium economy so good to hear that it is also done that way now.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
That is what I'd expect in premium economy so good to hear that it is also done that way now.
And you can go to the galley at any time for additional drinks - and a few select snacks. They will ask for your seat as they also server Economy/Go where they have to pay for it.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:36 am

Question SAS Plus Fastrack and Lounge at Beijing?!

Hi all,

just a quicky... anyone know what (if any) lounge I can use on SAS Plus ticket at Beijing? Also, Can I use the Fastrack?

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Platinium Elite, HHonors Diamond
You can use BGS Premier Lounge (Star Alliance) Terminal 2, Transitarea.
When it comes to fastrack i think it's immpossible it works just in scandinavia with plus ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.