Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:28 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by Amexpat
Apparently it's not possible to bid online with Chrome now.
Same here. Not working with Opera, Firefox or Chrome. Only IE works (didn't try Edge/Safari).
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I don't think it's a chrome problem, just something else wrong. Try to type flysas.com/upgrade in your browser. That should work.
Thanks, just tried that in my Chrome Book and it worked without a problem.

The next question I have is why does SAS continually have problems on their website?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:17 am

The next question I have is why does SAS continually have problems on their website?
Because the execs in the information technology and marketing department have made the decision that their mission is to have the most hip mobile app in the world and offer absolute stunning features like Sudoku or custom maps for point of interests in the SAS mobile app instead of building a solid IT backend. (For a picture of those guys / gals check the 70 years SAS Magazin issue)

Contracting the cheapest outsourcing partner they could find doesn't help either...
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:28 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by royng
I'm flying HKG-ARN in early Oct 2016.
Min. bid from Go to Plus is EUR190.
Min. bid from Go to Business is EUR610
Result: Min. bid for Go to Business went through at EUR610.

For info, Business was almost full (1 or 2 seats empty). Plus had a very light load.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:27 am
pef

Can I change FQTV from A3 Gold to EB Basic (OSL-EWR-OSL in GO) and then bid points at PG, and change back to A3G at the airport before departure?

And will A3 members still get booking class A when upgrade to PLUS and receive 200% miles?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If I'm not mistaken, increased earnings on PG upgrades only apply to EB. Otherwise you receive the original booking class miles.

If I am mistaken, theoretically its possible, wether you will end up with the preferred outcome is another question. Potentially you achieve the first two steps but not the third, ending up with EB earnings or worst case your upgrade doesn't go through and you end up with low EB earnings.

Do you value the A3 miles or the potential upgrade more?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by royng
Result: Min. bid for Go to Business went through at EUR610.

For info, Business was almost full (1 or 2 seats empty). Plus had a very light load.
Congratulations! The new business cabins make a huge difference for a flight like that.

I've been really happy with the new system so far. Since April, I've been upgraded (Y to Z) on all my 4 long haul flights. Prior to that, I only had one successful OptionTown request out of the most recent 10 or so: so frustrating when you are willing to pay more than the fixed fee. My two upgrade requests for flights within Europe were successful as well.

All of this has allowed me to get above the Diamond threshold in less than 9 months where it took me the full 12 months in both '14 and '15.

Last edited by timrousbeastie; Oct 9, 2016 at 4:54 am
Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by pef
And will A3 members still get booking class A when upgrade to PLUS and receive 200% miles?
As far as it has been reported here you get 200% even though SK claims you don't.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
Result: My bid to upgrade from go to plus for CPH-ORD was accepted for 15,080 EB points for a flight on Tuesday. Perhaps I should try a lower bid point bid for my return EWR-OSL on the 26th?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Result: My bid to upgrade from go to plus for CPH-ORD was accepted for 15,080 EB points for a flight on Tuesday. Perhaps I should try a lower bid point bid for my return EWR-OSL on the 26th?
Just from the price SK requests for that flight it seems that the load is quite low in Go and Plus. So there is no pressure for them to upgrade. But if an offer should not succeed you will have probably still the chance to upgrade at check-in. Space seems to be available and they are usually happy to sell it.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Just a clarification question: does the PLUSGRADE system work for people using OTAs ? I am looking into booking a multicity itinerary, and I wonder whether I will succeed bidding on them. I have used PG several times now, but only on bookings made directly with SK. Now I think I will try expedia or our corporate agent.

And a related question: what happens if I change a reservation for which I have a bid? (this reservation is made directly with SK)
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by wazow
Just a clarification question: does the PLUSGRADE system work for people using OTAs ? I am looking into booking a multicity itinerary, and I wonder whether I will succeed bidding on them. I have used PG several times now, but only on bookings made directly with SK. Now I think I will try expedia or our corporate agent.

And a related question: what happens if I change a reservation for which I have a bid? (this reservation is made directly with SK)
Yes, it'll work. But don't try to change something the using you TA. That's then ending up in a mess.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:25 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Just received my upgrade from Go to Plus for SK945 on Saturday. It went through for 13K points. There are 10 open seats right now in Plus.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Regarding changing (SK-booked) reservations with upgrades pending: I just changed one, and tried to access the upgrade via sas.dk/upgrade. The system behaved as if I never bid for it, but it knew immediately about the new schedule. I booked again, luckily with a slightly different offer. Then I accessed the bid again via sas.dk/upgrade, and, oh horrors, I have seen that I have two open bids with different offers, for two dates - the old one and the new one, different flight numbers. I was able to cancel the stale one, and everything seems to be alright. At least as far as I can see through the UI.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jainzar
As far as it has been reported here you get 200% even though SK claims you don't.
Is that really so. It would be a pity to lose the miles. I am currently booked in A. That would earn me 200% with A3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.