Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Helsinki (HEL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Lounge Options Helsinki (HEL)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:13 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
I also went to this lounge (using loungeKey) Easter time. Food options were limited to soup/salad/make your own sandwich. But there was doughnuts and Martell VS along with some other basic spirits.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: EBG
Helsinki sas lounge open?

Sas lounge in Helsinki.

anybody used it in September 2023? It says it's open but I dont really trust sas to tell me the truth and I dont want to arrive early to wander around Helsinki airport for no good reason.

https://www.flysas.com/content/flysas-lu/en/travel-info/at-the-airport/lounges.html
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:09 am

There’s no SAS own lounge in HEL since Covid times. And Swissport/Aspire lounges in HEL do not have any contracts with SAS either.

Following is the correct link listing SAS lounges, which does not include any in HEL,

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...rport/lounges/
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: EBG
Thankyou, I was right to not trust the sas page.

if I recall the lounge in Helsinki was pretty basic anyway but... it was at least a lounge. I guess sas no longer sees Helsinki as a market they are interested in. Especially since they dont even fly their own metal there anymore (it's all xfly)

but, again. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by nussle
Thankyou, I was right to not trust the sas page.

if I recall the lounge in Helsinki was pretty basic anyway but... it was at least a lounge. I guess sas no longer sees Helsinki as a market they are interested in. Especially since they dont even fly their own metal there anymore (it's all xfly)

but, again. Thanks for the heads up.
Yes! It can be said that since Covid SAS is just serving HEL out of political necessity of connecting all Nordic capitals rather than financial strategy! As a result, SAS frequencies at HEL are constantly changing and almost all of them are wet-lease. On the plus side, prices are competitive if changing planes at SAS hubs are not a bother.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:20 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I'm sure its just AY competition? AY is a lot nicer to fly than SAS, they have an actual Business Class and have added a number of super useful long haul flights from the Nordics to the US as some of their APAC network locations got torpedo'd by the Russians. I'm doing more HEL layovers post invasion than I've done at any time prior now AY flies to places like DFW and SEA or has flights at much better hours (like their LAX route) than SAS or alternatives.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I'm sure its just AY competition? AY is a lot nicer to fly than SAS, they have an actual Business Class and have added a number of super useful long haul flights from the Nordics to the US as some of their APAC network locations got torpedo'd by the Russians. I'm doing more HEL layovers post invasion than I've done at any time prior now AY flies to places like DFW and SEA or has flights at much better hours (like their LAX route) than SAS or alternatives.
Well, it’s a matter of opinion if AY experience is nicer than SAS/other competitors 😁 Although, by looking at AY section of the forum, lots of loyal customers would beg to differ!

There are two things that makes AY winner in Finnish market,

- Finnish(language) service(which none of the competitors offer, neither on their booking flow nor onboard)
-Monopoly on direct flights
tsastor likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That lounge was a remnant from the days when blue1/KF and SAS where trying to upend AY in HEL for some weird reason, similar to the lounge in BRU which SAS had for some reason to match the 'Eurobusiness' concept (when Sweden joined the EU in 1995 adding 'Euro' to everything was deemed cool).

I don't miss the SAS crew in HEL one bit, the lounge had a few dragons that were terrible. The ticketing desk had 1 or 2 agents that seemed to hate their jobs, simple things like buying a scandinavian airpass on the spot or changing a blue1 ticket where viewed as a terrible offense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.