Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saturday Service - BGO-ARN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Saturday Service - BGO-ARN

So a few weeks ago I was looking at flights Bergen to Stockholm. I was pretty sure I was checking Saturday. Now it looks like there are no non-stops on Saturdays at all... does anyone know if this is a change or was I looking at the wrong date? Same thing with Norwegian, no non-stop service on Saturdays.

Anyone have some ideas as to what might be the reason for no Saturday service. This is our first visit to Scandinavia and want to make sure that I am not missing something!

thanks,
Old Sep 19, 2023, 4:07 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Many routes intra-Nordics see a significant drop-off in demand on Saturdays, because a) there’s no weekday business traffic and b) weekending families and friends driving leisure traffic have usually travelled to their destinations on Thursday and Friday and won’t fly home until Sunday.

SAS and Norwegian tend to either reduce capacity on these domestic/Nordic routes and/or switch it to less-than-daily / weekly short haul leisure destinations. Many of SK’s secondary sunshine destinations around the Mediterranean are like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Many routes intra-Nordics see a significant drop-off in demand on Saturdays, because a) there’s no weekday business traffic and b) weekending families and friends driving leisure traffic have usually travelled to their destinations on Thursday and Friday and won’t fly home until Sunday.

SAS and Norwegian tend to either reduce capacity on these domestic/Nordic routes and/or switch it to less-than-daily / weekly short haul leisure destinations. Many of SK’s secondary sunshine destinations around the Mediterranean are like this.
Thanks. I guess I must have used the wrong date when I searched. bummer. Maybe we will take a few days and head down to Stavenger and fly to ARN from there....
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:48 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Perhaps connecting in OSL or CPH might be an option?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Perhaps connecting in OSL or CPH might be an option?
That is our current plan but connections are a little more expensive. Might rework a few days and maybe spend a few days in Stavanger area and then fly on Monday. Otherwise the connection. And the increase in cost is minimal considering what we are seeing as costs for a month holiday in Scandinavia! Having a bit of sticker shock on prices for hotels and excursions! But got a great deal on SAS Plus flight from the US!
Old Sep 22, 2023, 12:54 pm

I would look at another travel day, Saturday nights in Norwegian airports are typically very low demand, even OSL has hardly any flights Saturday night.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by view
I would look at another travel day, Saturday nights in Norwegian airports are typically very low demand, even OSL has hardly any flights Saturday night.
Actually think I am going to go with Saturday afternoon connecting in OSL. Have bags to check so ending up looking at a Plus Flex so it is refundable as well as two checked bags.

Airports that are not very busy sounds good to us!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.