Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurobonus Shop issue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Eurobonus Shop issue

I am trying to use up my 40K EB points of which 18K expire at the end of this month. I thought I was golden because I saw that I could use them for various hotel nights in the US and was just on a three-week road trip. Much to my surprise, one is not permitted to book a hotel using EB points on the day of the stay. A booking can only be made two or more days prior to the desired date which doesn't work for us because we are spontaneous and never know when or where we are planning to stop (not to mention that there are very few options for the amount of points I had available).

As a last resort, I've been going through the Eurobonus Shop catalog and actually found a couple of items that I'd be happy to have, despite the exorbitant shipping cost of nearly 19,000 of my 40,243 points. But at least I found a couple household items that I liked.

Get all the way through the check out process and the last step is payment - when I was presented with a screen that said a code was being sent to my phone number on file to verify my identity. Fair enough, but the code never came. I requested it be resent three times and it has not arrived. I double-checked that the phone number on my EB account is correct and indeed it is. It is a US phone number, and it appears correct in my EB account with the +1 country code and the correct phone number.

I've created a support ticket but don't hold out a lot of hope of getting a timely response. The phone number for support, a Swedish phone number, says they are available from 9:00 - 11:00. Is that Swedish time which would be 3:00 - 5:00 AM for me? Or is it EST given that when I log into my EB account I'm asked to specify my country?

Just frustrated because I had previously tried to use the points but my EB account still had my old Danish phone number on it which I no longer had access to so I was unable to verify using the points that time. Therefore, earlier this year when I had to call SAS regarding a flight reservation, I had the agent update my profile information to my current address and phone number (which it wouldn't allow me to do myself online). I thought everything would be ok since the shopping cart was picking up my US address, no doubt the reason the shipping cost in points was so high, but now I can't complete the purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.