Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS will only rebook to SAS when mechanical?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS will only rebook to SAS when mechanical?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2021, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Settled for 24-hour delay & will invest time in the coming days in pursuing SK for compensation.
Who paid your hotel room, and were you given any assistance, pro-active or not, from SK?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Who paid your hotel room, and were you given any assistance, pro-active or not, from SK?
At own expense. No offer of assistance whatsoever from SK.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Well, at the least, that’s coming back to you as a duty of care.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:35 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Make sure to keep hotel and food receipts. SAS needs to cover those.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Very strange that they didn't rebook onto *A alternatives. SAS can move pax from a short notice cancellation to *A partners without endorsement, all they normally do is a courtesy check if there is space available. It could be that Swiss and others indicated that they have not catered the flights sufficiently. Also with all the health and doc checks required nowadays it is not so easy to move over 40-50 pax quickly and depart on time. Airlines hat to delay their flights into the hubs as misconnects get stranded in the hub for significant times due to the very thin schedule.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
By the time the first SAS customers on this flight were finding out the flight was getting cancelled for mechanical reasons, how wasn't there plenty of time for SAS to rebook the passengers onto other airlines and then let the document checks related to Covid-19 happen at the airport anyway? Catering an issue? United, Swiss, Lufthansa and Air France from ORD are more than happy to take any additional passengers whom they can get to buy tickets on them even within less than 4 hours of departure.

There is no shortage of empty seats on flights from ORD to FRA/MUC/ZRH/CDG still during this pandemic, although perhaps the short-haul intra-European leg to CPH could be a problem -- but then there is the option to go into Sweden (and perhaps get tested there) to get back to CPH. That is assuming the person was already considered admissible into Denmark when it was just an ORD-CPH flight.

It also doesn't take many hours to protect a few dozen customers onto other airlines/routes and keep the next day's SK flight as a back up option for all who may want to stick to the simple ORD-CPH flight. By the way, the next day's ORD-CPH flight would be more of a nuisance for the reason suggested by vanillabean in the following quote.

Originally Posted by vanillabean
What about a transit requiring PCR (and Denmark <24 hours, so probably antigen)?
Yes, that is a consideration.

Antigen or PCR tests are fine with Denmark, and the sub-24-hour thing mostly wouldn't be a show stopper when willing and able to take an earlier flight than SK's ORD-CPH to get from ORD to CPH on LH, LX or AF (or via FRA/MUC/ZRH/CDG across the Atlantic from ORD and having a test in hand that was good for ORD-CPH.

Also, getting tested at ORD is not difficult to pull off in the off chance that a 1-9 hour delay to get to CPH passport control police were to be a potential show stopper.

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Make sure to keep hotel and food receipts. SAS needs to cover those.
And additional costs for Covid-19 testing.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 6, 2021 at 4:05 am
Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
I once have a SK-CA flight tkted with SK number, with a trust time 1:30 min in ARN. The first flight was delayed due to mechenical problem and I missed my CA flight, since there are no more flights leaving that day for a connection, they rebooked me onto LH flight the next day covering the hotel cost in dinner and breakfast. I asked them if it is possible to reroute me through BKK on TG or SIN on SQ, they say it is possible to reroute through BKK and instantly rebooked me on TG flight. Also they paid EC261 as well. 1200EUR in voucher! Covered my flight cost and I even earned couple hundred euro lmao.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Hmm.. when was that? Seem very generous (the voucher of EUR 1200) - the rebooking into TG or LH in IRROPS situations like this is "by the book" I believe.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Hmm.. when was that? Seem very generous (the voucher of EUR 1200) - the rebooking into TG or LH in IRROPS situations like this is "by the book" I believe.
Wasn't it double the comp as a voucher vs cash back in the good old days of paper vouchers , or do I completely misremember? Of course the paper vouchers were a pain but they sure did offer fantastic value...
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Wasn't it double the comp as a voucher vs cash back in the good old days of paper vouchers , or do I completely misremember? Of course the paper vouchers were a pain but they sure did offer fantastic value...
Exactly, voucher gives double the cash compensation.
I remember getting a 600EUR voucher after EWR-CPH-FRA was cancelled (since I got rebooked on an earlier flight, the compensation was halfed to 300EUR).
That I then used to book another Premium Economy FRA-EWR roundtrip, the second half of which got cancelled because of covid leading to a 400 EUR refund.
All in all I basically got paid to fly :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.