Search

(Fake) schedule change?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus
(Fake) schedule change?

I have a ticket booked for early May.
The outbound was hanged this morning (1h50min earlier), the inbound was changed just now from 18:20 to 9:05, so losing an entire day away. Both times citing "schedule changes" as the reason.
However, the original 18:20 flight is still on sale showing seat available.
Of course, they tell me this at 19:00 when customer service closes. So my question is this: is this normal, will it resolve, should I book a seat on the evening flight to hold it for myself until tomorrow (and then release it and get all the money back - within 24 hours), or is there some other way to help myself out here?

Thanks,
- DanishFlyer
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The 18:20 will likely be cancelled or at least removed from sale within 24-48 hours. If it is not, simply call SK and have your ticket reinstated as booked.

Nothing fake about this. Likely simply the product of what was an aging IT architecture pre-pandemic and which is not going to get better until after.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Thank you - it seems strange to cancel the only non-morning flight between AAR and CPH. That is basically telling people not to bother, just go by train.

- DanishFlyer
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

I called this morning. The rep put me back on my original flight (inbound), and explained that probably a bot was a bit too fast in reassigning me. I told her, that if it happened again I might call back if I continued to be unhappy with the work of their bot.

Realistically, it may easily happen again - my guess is many folks won't bother with flying over the train until SK will put on a flight program that can be somewhat trusted (catch-22), and so they continue to monitor predicted loads and cancel will in advance. Anyway, I now have in my mind at least a couple of alternatives, should the flight end up cancelled for real.

-DanishFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.