Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Shareholder Program Benefits and Discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Shareholder Program Benefits and Discussions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by the810
Would I get lifetime Pandeon for buying some SAS shares right now?
If they would just issue the shares in paper form — but they may not — maybe someone could get closer to getting a lifetime supply of emergency toilet paper.
the810 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If they would just issue the shares in paper form — but they may not — maybe someone could get closer to getting a lifetime supply of emergency toilet paper.
Eventually your investment will pay off when toilet paper prices exceed the price of SAS stock.
GUWonder, the810, nacho and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:06 am

Has anyone taken advantage of this Star Alliance Gold in exchange for a 400 dollar investment in SAS?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
Has anyone taken advantage of this Star Alliance Gold in exchange for a 400 dollar investment in SAS?
Do you mean by investing in SASBQ on the US OTC market? That is an ADR and it’s literally a penny stock. But the ADR way didn’t work to my knowledge, as SAS said it needs the shareholders to be listed as shareholders of record directly for purposes of its internal cap table. Buying the shares directly in kronor did work, but it wasn’t $400.

Is the SAS shareholder benefits thing even still alive at this point? If so it may be worth considering how to parlay it for cheap SkyTeam ElitePlus status, but that would require becoming a direct shareholder of record.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 5, 2023 at 7:13 am
Old Oct 5, 2023, 11:58 am

Do you mean by investing in SASBQ on the US OTC market? That is an ADR and it’s literally a penny stock. But the ADR way didn’t work to my knowledge, as SAS said it needs the shareholders to be listed as shareholders of record directly for purposes of its internal cap table. Buying the shares directly in kronor did work, but it wasn’t $400.

Is the SAS shareholder benefits thing even still alive at this point? If so it may be worth considering how to parlay it for cheap SkyTeam ElitePlus status, but that would require becoming a direct shareholder of record.
Pretty sure they're getting wiped out in Chapter 11, both because that's how Ch 11 works but also a press release. Rarely stocks get converted to debt or warrants but it's only for senior holders. Sweden has A and B stocks, so the A stocks may have different handling, but that's part of the Swedish model.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 2:14 am
FMX

100K SAS shares can be bought for even less than 400 USD now (~270) but the problem is that one would need to hold them for a full calendar year before getting status under the shareholder program and they will be cancelled long before that.

I'd be surprised if even existing shareholders, who had shares during all of 2023, got their status in 2024. https://www.sasgroup.net/investor-re...older-program/ now says

On October 3, 2023, SAS announced that SAS AB (i.e., the listed parent company for the SAS group) is likely to file for a company reorganization in Sweden in 2024, and that all of SAS AB’s common shares and listed commercial hybrid bonds are expected to be cancelled, redeemed, and delisted as a result of that process. Consequently, terms and conditions for the SAS shareholder program and its benefits may be revised on short notice. More information will be provided in due course.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 2:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My 5000 shares still seem to be worth 10€
Old Oct 6, 2023, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
$400 gets you max 8 months *G - remember SK G has issues with lounge access in some places, check the forum.

I thought SK share trading has been delisted?

Originally Posted by copperred
Pretty sure they're getting wiped out in Chapter 11, both because that's how Ch 11 works but also a press release. Rarely stocks get converted to debt or warrants but it's only for senior holders. Sweden has A and B stocks, so the A stocks may have different handling, but that's part of the Swedish model.
Chapter 11 is only for the US, no idea how it would hit the shares issued here in Scandinavia.

Originally Posted by FMX
100K SAS shares can be bought for even less than 400 USD now (~270) but the problem is that one would need to hold them for a full calendar year before getting status under the shareholder program and they will be cancelled long before that.

I'd be surprised if even existing shareholders, who had shares during all of 2023, got their status in 2024. https://www.sasgroup.net/investor-re...older-program/ now says
I didn't know that you have to hold them for a year to get the status - a blogger wrote about it on Oct 4 (very irresponsible IMO without telling people that you need to hold the share for a full year to gain the status).

Originally Posted by oliver2002
My 5000 shares still seem to be worth 10€
If you sell it now you'll get 10 EUR, but if you wait you might not get anything.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 2:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

There is some some trading going on for some reason on SASDQ (SE0003366871/A1C0DX).
Old Oct 6, 2023, 5:16 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
The process of cancelling the shares and delisting the company has only just been announced and doesn't take effect immediately. Until the Swedish court approves this sometime in the future, trading will continue.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
There is some some trading going on for some reason on SASDQ (SE0003366871/A1C0DX).
Must be a case of wild west investers "there has to be a bigger gambler then me out there".
There were also substantial buying in the early days of the announcement. I the time frame of the market understanding the delisting implications 🤯
Old Oct 6, 2023, 7:08 am

I suppose its high time I get rid of my 5000 shares while someone is still buying them... I can use the loss to offset my capital gains in 2023.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 8:55 am
Suspended

Since the shares are worth about their weight in toilet paper, why not just keep them for now and dump them at the end for the 2023 tax year or right upon the share invalidation schedule becoming obvious?
Old Oct 6, 2023, 9:11 am

A nother point is that it has not yet been approved under the chapter 11. restructuring.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Important changes to the SAS shareholder program

On October 3, 2023, SAS announced that SAS AB, the listed parent company for the SAS group, is likely to file for a company reorganization in Sweden in 2024. As a result of that process, all common shares in SAS AB are expected to be cancelled and delisted from Nasdaq Stockholm, Nasdaq Copenhagen and Oslo Børs. Consequently, and in line with the notice published on SAS’ website on October 3, 2023, the terms and conditions of the SAS shareholder program and its benefits, have been revised.

SAS would like to highlight the following information for you as a shareholder and participant in the shareholder program:
  • There are no changes to the benefits currently in place, as part of the on-going program period. This means that shareholders who were eligible for benefits on November 30, 2022 (the annual control date for the current program period), will keep their benefits until the current program period expires on March 31, 2024.
  • The annual control date for the next program period is changed from November 30, 2023 to October 11, 2023. This means that in order to be eligible for benefits in the next program period, running from April 1, 2024 to March 31, 2025, the average amount of shares held on a monthly basis between November 30, 2022 and October 11, 2023, must amount to the number of shares required for the respective benefit categories.
  • The shareholder program will be discontinued following the next program period, which means that as of today, it is no longer possible to qualify for the SAS shareholder program by acquiring shares in SAS AB.

The updated terms and conditions can be found on SAS’ website, https://www.sasgroup.net/investor-relations/shareholder-program/terms-and-privacy-policy/.
Last year for the program and no more ability to join. I wonder how many people got duped by the bloggers and their *G for $400 posts.

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Oct 11, 2023 at 10:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.