Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Shareholder Program Benefits and Discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:06 pm
fcl
Original Poster

Programs: EBS

I made the in retrospect not so wise choice to buy some SAS stock in the beginning of September.

Today I got a letter from SAS which says that I can get shareholder discounts on ticket if I own at least 200 shares. How much is this discount and would I be able to get any useful tickets (conditions in the letter are: shareholder must be one the travellers, 2 night minimum stay and M-class, limited amount of ticket and subject to availablity)?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 2:08 pm

It has (obviously!) been covered in a previous thread, do a search.
I recall it was a pretty useless deal, but cannot remember in which way it was useless.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:08 am

I treid doing a search, but didn´t fins anything. Therefore I went to check on the company website, but it´s very vague. They want me to buy 200 shares and wait for months, just to find out? I´ll send them e-mail and ask.

"For shareholders
Shareholders with minimum 200 shares can now enjoy special offers: attractive tickets only for shareholders by following the link below. At this service all shareholders can also request annual reports, interim reports and change address.

Questions & Answers
I have not received my user name or password?

User name and password are being sent out to new shareholders four times per year. If you are a Danish shareholder please check with your bank that your shares are name registered (navneregistrerade) with your bank as you otherwise will not be visible in the shareholder register.

What is my user name?

The user name for shareholders in Sweden is your personal number (10 figures). The user name for shareholders in Denmark is your VP account number (usually 9-15 figures). The user name for shareholders in Norway is your VP account number (usually 9-12 figures).

How can I get my password?

In the service Shareholder Service above, click on 'Missing the code'. Type your user name, and the password will be mailed to your home address according to the shareholder register.

For how long time can I use the special offer after I have sold my SAS shares?

As long as you are a shareholder and fulfill the requirements (currently 200 shares) you will be able to book tickets at special discounted fares. If you sell your shares you will at the next update of the shareholder register no longer appear as a shareholder and therefore not be able to book tickets at special fares.

How many shares do I need to have the right to use the travel offer?

You need to own at least 200 shares.

How can I pay and book the tickets?

The tickets can only be booked and paid on the internet and during the specific sales period valid for the travel offer."
Old Nov 16, 2007, 1:14 pm
fcl
Original Poster

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
It has (obviously!) been covered in a previous thread, do a search.
I recall it was a pretty useless deal, but cannot remember in which way it was useless.
Sorry, found that thread now. Searched for "shareholder discount" and did not find it then.

At least I know now I have no other reason to buy more stock for this reason.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Has SAS answered to email, Helsinki Flyer?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 1:13 am

This is what I got as a response. There was a attached screenshot from the website, showing current offers as well. They were from ARN and here are some examples: Athens 1145 SEK, Helsinki 1095 SEK, Barcelona, Dublin 925 SEK, London, Nice 965 SEK etc.

The prices are quite good. In which class are they booked? I guess in a cheapo, non-mileage earning class. In my case the problem is that they don´t have offers from Finland. I´m not buying shares based on this discount. I already have some money in Finnair and that will be enough for the moment. At least they´re growing and not getting smaller as SAS is.

"Dear HelsinkiFlyer,
thank you for your interest in the shareholder offer. The purpose with the shareholder offer is to strengthen the relationship between private shareholders and the business they have invested in by offering private shareholders with 200 and more shares with roundtrip tickets that are around 10% cheaper than normal customers can book on the internet. This is of course subject to availability which means that peak hour flights are usually not available to book within this offer. The offer is for flights with Scandinavian Airlines, which unfortunately means that we can not offer so much out from Finland. I attach a print screen from our current offer to the Swedish shareholders. Note that the destinations constantly change. I would therefore say that this is a serious and very well received offer. About 10% of our shareholders in Sweden have used it this year.

I hope this answers your question and feel free to contact me should you have further questions about the offer.

Kind regards,"

Last edited by Helsinki Flyer; Nov 19, 2007 at 1:15 am Reason: spelling error
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
Resurrecting this thread as according to this di.se article (in Swedish), one gets a 10% discount on SAS flights if one owns 3,000 (not 200) shares in the company presently.

So for about 13,500 SEK or 1,300 EUR once off (at current SAS share price) it seems one gets a 10% discount on SAS flights as long as the owner of the 3,000 or more SAS shares is one of the persons on the ticket booked.

Does anyone avail of this from here that can give some more info? Is it limited to certain fare classes (like M class as with the earlier 200 share ownership mentioned above) or can one book any EuroBonus point-earning fare class as normal just with 10% off the price?

EDIT - SAS Group website says pretty much the same as mentioned before, "attractive tickets only for shareholders by following the link below. Number of destinations and available seats are limited and bookings can primarily only take place with origin in Scandinavia" - main difference seems to be that ownership of shares is now required to be 3,000 instead of 200 shares.

Last edited by naitkris; Dec 12, 2009 at 11:50 am
Old Dec 12, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
Originally Posted by naitkris
URL="http://www.sasgroup.net/SASGROUP_IR/CMSContent/Shareholder%20service.htm"]SAS Group website[/URL] says pretty much the same as mentioned before, "attractive tickets only for shareholders by following the link below. Number of destinations and available seats are limited and bookings can primarily only take place with origin in Scandinavia" - main difference seems to be that ownership of shares is now required to be 3,000 instead of 200 shares.
Limited availability? 3000 shares? Not impressed. BA also offer a shareholder discount - without availability limitations, and requiring only 200 shares.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
Yeah limited availablity for only a 10% discount to someone who owns as much as 3,000 shares is not a good deal, but if the fares earn 100% EB points then this makes up for this a little - but knowing SAS the fares probably only earn 25% EB points if anything at all...

Last edited by naitkris; Dec 12, 2009 at 1:49 pm
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:05 am

Programs: EBD
I just tried to book a shareholder offer to Berlin. The fare is exactly the same as the ordinary fare that can be booked by anyone on SAS' webpage. But shareholder offers must be booked 45 days in advance and has a minimum stay requirement of two days. Booking class is mentionend as 'Class: Aktionær tilbud'.
So: Lots of restrictions, uncertain booking class and no discount. I am NOT impressed!
Smuffe likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:47 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by Jespersm
I just tried to book a shareholder offer to Berlin. The fare is exactly the same as the ordinary fare that can be booked by anyone on SAS' webpage. But shareholder offers must be booked 45 days in advance and has a minimum stay requirement of two days. Booking class is mentionend as 'Class: Aktionær tilbud'.
So: Lots of restrictions, uncertain booking class and no discount. I am NOT impressed!
The conditions for shareholder discount seems to be identical to the SAS "Handshake " discount that is offered by many companies to their employees.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by naitkris
So for about 13,500 SEK or 1,300 EUR once off (at current SAS share price) it seems one gets a 10% discount on SAS flights as long as the owner of the 3,000 or more SAS shares is one of the persons on the ticket booked.
So for about 2460SEK once off (at current SAS share price) one gets the discount. Comes to show how badly the share has been doing lately.

I just received my codes. They have offers for members in SE, DK, and NO. No offers from FI or elsewhere.

Conditions from SE here:

Travel period:
Until 31 December 2010.

The shareholder must participate on the journey. A number up to 7 passengers can join the shareholder.

Tickets must be booked at least 10 days before departure.

No rebooking or refunds available.

The ticket is followed by a one-night stay clause. The traveller is thereby required to make a minimum one-night stay at the destination in order to be valid for utilization of the offer. The maximum stay at the destination is 30 days.

Children under the age of two are entitled to a 90% discount. If an extra seat is required for children under the age of two, discount is forfeit. Apart from that, this offer does not include any discounts for children.

The high standards of SAS are naturally valid for all trips and tickets earn EuroBonus points!

Tickets are limited and thereby subject to availability.

From Stockholm direct
Amsterdam 1.460,-
Berlin 1.300,-
Bruxelles 1.340,-
Dublin 1.185,-
Düsseldorf 1.300,-
Helsinki 1.080,-
London 1.475,-
Munich 1.295,-
Nice 1.305,-

From Gothenburg direct
Frankfurt 1.370,-
London 1.485,-

Availibility seems ok. I can get ARN-NCE in peak summer travel period of early July for the advertized 1300SEK. I checked and the cheapest regular tickets are sold for 3800SEK on the very same days of 7.-13. July. Not too bad of a discount IMO. Actually the discount is more than the shares cost.

From DK prices are:Tillæg for udrejse fra Aalborg eller Århus
fra 200,- (+ skatter & afgifter)

Europa tilbud
Aberdeen Tur/retur
1.410,-
Amsterdam Tur/retur
1.095,-
Athen Tur/retur
1.575,-
Barcelona Tur/retur
1.225,-
Bergen Tur/retur
1.065,-
Berlin Tur/retur
755,-
Birmingham Tur/retur
1.245,-
Bologna Tur/retur
1.235,-
Bruxelles Tur/retur
1.085,-
Bukarest Tur/retur
1.405,-
Dublin Tur/retur
1.155,-
Düsseldorf Tur/retur
1.075,-
Frankfurt Tur/retur
1.250,-
Gdansk Tur/retur
1.385,-
Genéve Tur/retur
1.070,-
Göteborg Tur/retur
825,-
Hamborg Tur/retur
905,-
Hannover Tur/retur
1.235,-
Helsinki Tur/retur
1.235,-
Kiev Tur/retur
1.395,-
Kristiansand Tur/retur
1.065,-
London Tur/retur
1.095,-
Luxemborg Tur/retur
1.055,-
Madrid Tur/retur
1.225,-
Manchester Tur/retur
1.085,-
Milano Tur/retur
1.075,-
Moskva Tur/retur
2.044,-
München Tur/retur
1.242,-
Nice Tur/retur
1.075,-
Oslo Tur/retur
825,-
Palanga Tur/retur
1.385,-
Paris Tur/retur
1.085,-
Poznan Tur/retur
1.385,-
Pristina Tur/retur
2.845,-
Rom Tur/retur
1.230,-
St. Petersborg Tur/retur
2.198,-
Stavanger Tur/retur
1.065,-
Stockholm Tur/retur
825,-
Stuttgart Tur/retur
1.395,-
Trondheim Tur/retur
1.225,-
Turku Tur/retur
1.225,-
Venedig Tur/retur
1.235,-
Warszawa Tur/retur
1.075,-
Zürich Tur/retur
1.255,-
Ålesund Tur/retur
1.225,-

New York
Flybillet
Tur/retur fra
4.385,-

Washington
Flybillet
Tur/retur fra
4.165,-

Dubai
Flybillet
Tur/retur fra
4.165,-

Bangkok
Flybillet
Tur/retur fra
5.898,-

Chicago
Flybillet
Tur/retur fra
4.503,-

Beijing
Flybillet
Tur/retur fra
5.545,-

Tokyo
Flybillet
Tur/retur fra
6.450,-

And from NO:
Destinasjon Tur/retur-priser

Amsterdam 1.305,- Bestill
Barcelona 1.410,- Bestill
Brüssel 1.270,- Bestill
København 1055,- Bestill
Dublin 1.205,- Bestill
Düsseldorf 1.221,- Bestill
Frankfurt 1.277,- Bestill
Gdansk 1.145,- Bestill
London 1.375,- Bestill
Milano 1.490,- Bestill
Nice 1.530,- Bestill
Paris 1.265,- Bestill
Reykjavik 1.450,- Bestill
Roma 1.490,- Bestill
Stockholm 1035,- Bestill
Zürich 1.590,- Bestill

Her er en prisoversikt på noen av våre direkteruter fra andre byer i Norge:

Destinasjon Tur/retur-priser

Bergen - København 1.205,- Bestill
Stavanger - København 1.205,- Bestill
Bergen - London Gatwick 1.260,- Bestill
Stavanger - London Heathrow 1.365,- Bestill
Bergen - Stockholm 1.185,- Bestill

Last edited by Helsinki Flyer; Jun 3, 2010 at 2:00 am Reason: added prices from DK and NO as well
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:08 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Booking class?

Hi!

Can you see what booking class is used? Is there any differnce between intra-europe and intercont bookings in this respect?

BR // P
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:19 am

No. I don´t know which booking class is used.

I removed the website as I guess these are not supposed to be public. If anyone wants the SE, DK or NO webaddress, feel free to ask from me via PM.

Last edited by Helsinki Flyer; Jun 4, 2010 at 1:48 pm Reason: Deleted webaddress
Old Jun 3, 2010, 3:26 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
I tried to make a booking ARN-LHR in mid-August, price approx 25% below same booking without discount. Booking in V class though, so only low earning. However if the offers from DK on the intercont are made in V as well they are much more attractive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.