Has anybody received a refund?

Old Apr 28, 20, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Has anybody received a refund?

HI

I had a ticket that was cancelled and the agent said I was eligible for a full refund. It has been over 4 weeks and I rang up to check the status and all the agent would say is that I would get a refund but she couldn't say when. Is this just a trick or does anybody know if SAS are actually processing refunds?
Old Apr 28, 20, 1:06 pm

Programs: SK *G
It took 5-6 weeks for us to get out EU compensation from mid-Feb. They are slowly getting around to it, but please realize that they are completely overloaded at the moment with all the cancellations and issuing of vouchers. It will come eventually. Let's see if the vouchers are worth anything when this is all over, but for now SAS looks to be solvent.
Old Apr 28, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
I had an itinerary on SAS to depart 21 April. The flight was cancelled per email notification 15 April; I waited a couple of more
days to make sure it was on the website as well and submitted a refund request on 19 April, which was acknowledged by SAS
in email. Today I received email from SAS that the refund has been processed to my credit card (it hasn't hit the card yet,
but I think the bulk of the work is done).

They originally said 7 business days, which I was pretty skeptical of, but they took care of it in the stated timeframe, so kudos
to SAS.

The itinerary was booked on sas.com, so that probably helped.
Old Apr 28, 20, 3:39 pm

Been waiting for my refund since it was cancelled on the 19th March. Called up last week and the agent said that they were processing refunds from 2 weeks prior to my cancellation (beginning of March) and I should see the refund in about 2 weeks. Sounded like a canned response but waiting another week to see what happens. All the itinerary was booked on sas.com - trip was booked for within EU.
Old Apr 28, 20, 10:06 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AC
I am totally disappointed with SAS. I had a flight on March 27 from Oslo through CPH to CDG. I was meant to be arriving in Oslo on a Hurtigruten cruise from London that was cancelled. On March 14 I cancelled my trip and now they are refusing to offer me a refund because they hadn't yet cancelled the flights. They have told me that if I had waited until they cancelled the flight I would have received a full refund. I think that this is splitting hairs and that I should be receiving a refund. Does anyone have anything to suggest? Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 20, 12:05 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
I do not think you stand any chance. If you cancelled non-refundable ticket voluntarily, SK will stick to the rules. They will always say this was your choice. This is a standard procedure (not just now).
Old Apr 29, 20, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by hastuk View Post
I am totally disappointed with SAS. I had a flight on March 27 from Oslo through CPH to CDG. I was meant to be arriving in Oslo on a Hurtigruten cruise from London that was cancelled. On March 14 I cancelled my trip and now they are refusing to offer me a refund because they hadn't yet cancelled the flights. They have told me that if I had waited until they cancelled the flight I would have received a full refund. I think that this is splitting hairs and that I should be receiving a refund. Does anyone have anything to suggest? Thanks.
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
I do not think you stand any chance. If you cancelled non-refundable ticket voluntarily, SK will stick to the rules. They will always say this was your choice. This is a standard procedure (not just now).
Yes, I do agree. Not a chance you will get a full refund. NEVER cancel a trip on your own unless you are ok with just getting back the residual value and taxes as per fare rules.
Old Apr 29, 20, 5:15 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Whilst I understand your point of view, I think SAS has done the right thing here. If they allow everyone to cancel whilst there is no official recommendation not to travel, then they will open themselves up for a dangerous precedence.

I would presume you could have asked for a voucher?
Old Apr 29, 20, 5:21 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
My husband got a full refund from SAS when his flight was cancelled three weeks ago.

I have a flight to Bergen next weekend. It's to visit my sister, and I don't think I will go. I'll probably call SAS and ask if I can get a voucher. If not, then I'll take the taxes back. It's my choice not to travel, so I don't expect SAS to do more, but I hope for a voucher :-)
Old Apr 29, 20, 6:12 am

Programs: TK Elite
I think that this is splitting hairs and that I should be receiving a refund.
Sorry, but no chance. This is a voluntary cancelation that will be dealt with according to the fare rules, i.e. no refund. As already pointed out to you, you shouldn't have cancelled the ticket on your own.

I suggest to learn from it and move on.
Old Apr 29, 20, 10:41 am

companies need to be saved

I'd had an upcoming trip to Italy before spreading started. After all these news I thought I have to cancell all my bookings in hotels and airline tickets, but then I realised that I would have an opportunity to visit the country anyway and the ability of having everything prepared in advance were ore attractive for me than nervous waiting for a refund. That is why I just changed the dates of a trip, hotell bookings and so on. The companies were gad to help me with it and do it for free because they didn't want to lose money and clients during this time. I guess I helped them a bit with it.
SK AAR and SK2751 like this.
Old Apr 29, 20, 1:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Bravo; very considerate of you. SAS, the hotels and the Italiens living from tourism will appreciate it.
SK2751 likes this.
Old May 4, 20, 3:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I had 4 oneway tickets (1 regular, 1 youth, 2 award) with SAS ARN-MUC on April 19, which were cancelled April 8th. On the 9th I applied for refund using the form, haven't heard anything since. I'll give them two more weeks before I call.
Old May 4, 20, 8:14 am

Programs: Star Gold
I cancelled a 750-ticket with a 300 cancellation fee beginning of Feb (so should receive 450 back) and after a week received a refund of 60. Asked for this to be corrected and am still waiting.
Old May 5, 20, 11:24 am

Programs: *G
I cancelled 2 return tickets on different days using the form. For both, I received an email stating that they had received my refund request but they had longer than usual processing time. As one was an award booking, I asked for a refund of the points after a month of waiting and was informed that the booking had not been added to the refund queue. I decided to ask, and neither had the other one. So they were added then and I was told there is a 6-8 week processing time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: