Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Points expiration in times of COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points expiration in times of COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
So when finnair messes up too, you will skip them too? I wonder how long it will take you to get through all the airlines before there is no one left for you to turn too.

In my view, the SK customer service is generally better than any of the customer service of any airlines I've been using for the last 10 years. Yes they messes up from time to time, but they are only humans and other airlines messes up too.
Speaking from personal experience, when Finnair messed up and I complained, the outcome has almost always been good. Can't say the same for SK.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
In my view, the SK customer service is generally better than any of the customer service of any airlines I've been using for the last 10 years. Yes they messes up from time to time, but they are only humans and other airlines messes up too.
That isn't a compliment to SK as much as a criticism of the other airlines. I remember about two years ago I was flying to the US - don't remember if my gateway was ORD or IAD. Regardless, I had gotten a plusgrade ugrade from Plus to Biz on the original flight. THey cancelled my flight with 20 hours notice and rerouted me via EWR and REFUSED to honor my upgrade although J was half empty. And I am EBD. They pretty much suck...
kauppias likes this.

Last edited by JR67; Apr 8, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Speaking from personal experience, when Finnair messed up and I complained, the outcome has almost always been good. Can't say the same for SK.
Originally Posted by JR67
That isn't a compliment to SK as much as a criticism of the other airlines. I remember about two years ago I was flying to the US - don't remember if my gateway was ORD or IAD. Regardless, I had gotten a plusgrade ugrade from Plus to Biz on the original flight. THey rerouted me via EWR and REFUSED to honor my upgrade although J was half empty. And I am EBD. They pretty much suck...
With all the whining about the SK service on this board, I sometimes wonder how come the SK gold lounge in CPH is overcrowded at peak times and around the times of the SK long haul departures, and how come SK can afford the fleet renewal currently ongoing.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:39 pm

With all the whining about the SK service on this board, I sometimes wonder how come the SK gold lounge in CPH is overcrowded at peak times and around the times of the SK long haul departures, and how come SK can afford the fleet renewal currently ongoing.
Come on. Stop getting personally offended when people point out that SK service kind of sucks. I would guess that 99% of RyanAir's passengers think their service sucks but they still use the airline and RyanAir can expand way faster than SK.

SAS is run by idiots who don't care what either their loyal customer base or their employees think. It is a bad company by pretty much every definition. I fly SAS. I fly them a lot. One big reason is that I like direct flights ex CPH, and on any other airline that limits me dramatically. My lh flights are almost exclusively IAD / ORD and SK works well for me on these routes. I also really like SK J (see - we can give credit where credit is due).The fact that you can get EBG almost without seeing an airplane and that the SK lounge is the only *A lounge at CPH are good reasons for its crowds.

Are other airlines better than SAS? In some respects yes, by miles. In other respects SAS holds its own. That still doesn't change that fact that they don't give a rat's ... about the customers they should be bending over backwards to keep.

It isn't personal, highupinthesky . Feel free to point out where they do a good job, we are fine with that. But let us criticize.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
The SAS EuroBonus program has approx 5.5 million members. In Norway, quite a few transfer their grocery shopping bonus through a program named Trumf. Therefore quite a lot of Norwegian hold some rather high number of points, hence that with all the restrictions and devaluations seen over the last three years, I believe that many Norwegian citizens will either opt for KLM, that serves 7-8 cities in the country, and has a good FF program in the former Flying Dutchman - now Flying Blue.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:04 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So when finnair messes up too, you will skip them too? I wonder how long it will take you to get through all the airlines before there is no one left for you to turn too.

When Finnair messes up and refuses to fix it then YES I will leave them.

thats life!

now had SAS actually read my complaint and fixed the simple error THEIR SYSTEM GENERATED I would still be EBD and would propably still be flying with them.

those who know me would also say I AM VERY critical of Finnair too. their service on board is HIT and MISS. But when they screw up they generally make it right

I am not in love with ANY airline, perhaps the closes would be A3 I have yet to have a single problem with them onboard, on the ground or on The phone. but I am sure the day Will come
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by studentCPH
Interestingly, I've heard the story about them refusing to let a person gift a gold card in one period elsewhere as well.... They had bugs where people where able to gift gold cards 3 times by qualifying for EBD once but then ....ed it up for others who qualified for every period, when they fixed it.

mine was a simple system error they just refused to fix it even though it was clearly a error. in the end I said either fix it or I won't buy anymore tickets on SK and that was it 😂 so now I am just using up my 670k balance down 😁

if nothing else I am stubborn and a man of my word. kind of silly to lose a customer over a card that has very little value and is supposed to bring some value to the top tier. over all I had nearly zero upgrades in 3 years as EBD I received 1 gold card and 1 upgrade from Y+ to J. obviously a YMMV situation. to be fair I have not had a opup on ANY other airline either but the Finnair upgrade system works works much better for me
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:30 am

Programs: More than one
Come on. Stop getting personally offended when people point out that SK service kind of sucks. I would guess that 99% of RyanAir's passengers think their service sucks but they still use the airline and RyanAir can expand way faster than SK.
When someone write "I'll loose my EBG status and I'm too lazy to claim the canceled flights to retain it" or "SK messed up a flight and wouldn't compensate me, so I'm leaving EB" I will continue call it whining, and I will continue complain about it. It's absolutely pointless posts in my book, and I honestly doubt they are true. I strongly doubt neither of the posters will stop flying SK nor leave the EB bonus program.

Feel free to point out where they do a good job, we are fine with that. But let us criticize.
Do the SK management do a good job. I don't know. They moved the company from almost bankruptcy a couple of years ago to a position where they are in a good position to survive a crises like Corona without any subsidies that isn't available to other airlines too. That's pretty good in my book, but I also agree there is room for improvement in a lot of other areas, just as in any other airline.
Please continue criticizing, but stop the pointless whining and vote with your valet if you are not satisfied with the product you get.

And last but not least. Why should I not be allowed to state my opinion of whining posts?

Last edited by highupinthesky; Apr 12, 2020 at 2:39 am
Old Apr 12, 2020, 4:06 am

When someone write "I'll loose my EBG status and I'm too lazy to claim the canceled flights to retain it" or "SK messed up a flight and wouldn't compensate me, so I'm leaving EB" I will continue call it whining, and I will continue complain about it. It's absolutely pointless posts in my book, and I honestly doubt they are true. I strongly doubt neither of the posters will stop flying SK nor leave the EB bonus program.

Do the SK management do a good job. I don't know. They moved the company from almost bankruptcy a couple of years ago to a position where they are in a good position to survive a crises like Corona without any subsidies that isn't available to other airlines too. That's pretty good in my book, but I also agree there is room for improvement in a lot of other areas, just as in any other airline.
Please continue criticizing, but stop the pointless whining and vote with your valet if you are not satisfied with the product you get.

And last but not least. Why should I not be allowed to state my opinion of whining posts?

Intresting that everyone elses opinions are whining and SK does no wrong?

Many have and will leave SK & Eurobonus just as many fibd them perfectly fine for what they need

some evidently find them near perfection and thats great!

no need to get personally offended by people you seem to think are whining when they do NOT feel like you

there are airlines for everyone to fly on, and different strokes for different folks

Personally I find it refereshing to try new programs and Airlines, I feel no pressure to fly a specific airline anymore. right now I collect AY but I still need to "use" Eurobonus to the tune of 600k miles so I will keep "whining" in the SK forum for awhile still 😁
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:55 am

Of course you can comment on them, but it is more pleasant for everyone involved if you stick to commenting on the facts and not on the individuals (whose intentions / facts / history none of us really know).

If I say something patently wrong about SAS, tell me why I am wrong (or why you think I am wrong), not why I am a liar and an idiot. I may be those things, but we don't need to let everybody know...

So - now back to eating egg number 483 for the weekend...
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Coming back to the actual topic of the thread. The FAQ is pretty clear on the views of expiring points.

But also one little waiver

They do grant one waiver for rebooking of expired points.

(first time i needed to look at the FAQ)
​​​​​
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Coming back to the actual topic of the thread. The FAQ is pretty clear on the views of expiring points.​​​​​
What a pathetic excuse of an airline. Given that most if not all carriers have some sort of extension in place this is bad publicity for them.
Superrman, kauppias and urww like this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
What a pathetic excuse of an airline. Given that most if not all carriers have some sort of extension in place this is bad publicity for them.
add to that their efforts to currently restrict EB points from being used I smell a fish 😠

Not a company I trust
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 6:29 am

This is ridiculous from an airline under such pandemic situation.

I saved a few years to have enough points that I can redeem for trip to HK. The original trip was for March, since the virus spreading I changed it to July and can't see that happen now. Most of my points will expire by then.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DonnyJohn
This is ridiculous from an airline under such pandemic situation.

I saved a few years to have enough points that I can redeem for trip to HK. The original trip was for March, since the virus spreading I changed it to July and can't see that happen now. Most of my points will expire by then.
They do allow for one rebooking with expired points. Which they normally don't.
highupinthesky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.