Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Bloomberg article on SAS - can’t be good

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bloomberg article on SAS - can’t be good

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The economic growth rates in SAS’s home countries seem to be dropping a bit. So that could mean one slight headwind against SAS. But as what are often taken as leading economic indicators, the stock prices don’t really seem to reflect much of that, so maybe the good times for SAS and Norwegian are not dead on arrival and just getting started?
SAS must be thrilled to find Norwegian confirming that it (Norwegian) is pulling out of all ARN and CPH long-haul service from near the end of March 2020.

The "race to the bottom" (for passengers) from ARN and CPH is now going to be all SAS's. And it's going to mean higher prices for consumers.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The share price most certainly recovered this week.

https://www.sasgroup.net/en/the-share/
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The share price most certainly recovered this week.

https://www.sasgroup.net/en/the-share/
Recovered? It's been rallying for at least the past 30 days.

Or did you just buy most of your current SAS shares before June and/or around or after the commemoration day for the end of World War 1 this year?

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 27, 2019 at 5:41 am
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
HSBC recently upgraded SAS to Buy, moving their target price for the share to 22 SEK from 14 SEK. (SAS currently trading at 19.9 SEK.)
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superrman
HSBC recently upgraded SAS to Buy, moving their target price for the share to 22 SEK from 14 SEK. (SAS currently trading at 19.9 SEK.)
A financial analyst who was late to the game. The writing has been on the wall for weeks and more.

Some people have seen a 20+% gain on simple investments made in SAS shares this month, and now HSBC comes along.
SK2751 and Superrman like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:56 am

A financial analyst who was late to the game. The writing has been on the wall for weeks and more.

Some people have seen a 20+% gain on simple investments made in SAS shares this month, and now HSBC comes along.
41% since start of November. Of course, picking stocks is on aggregate a fool's game, but Norwegian's issues are definitely making SAS stock look like it's 2007 again.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:07 am
Suspended

41% since start of November. Of course, picking stocks is on aggregate a fool's game, but Norwegian's issues are definitely making SAS stock look like it's 2007 again.
I never believed in having a monkey throw darts for me in order to pick investments for my own money, even as I have appreciated that stock-picking in the aggregate doesn't provide the kind of longer-term returns that would come from a diversified portfolio or even perhaps from monkey-thrown dart-based selection of stocks.

This being Scandinavia, when can we expect an investigative report of the costs to society for insider trading done by locals and those connected with locals with inside information and the kind of background those "inside trading" folk have?

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 27, 2019 at 6:13 am
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:48 am

This being Scandinavia, when can we expect an investigative report of the costs to society for insider trading done by locals and those connected with locals with inside information and the kind of background those "inside trading" folk have?
Never. Everybody knows everybody, too much to lose for single actors willing to speak up.
GUWonder and dodgeflyer like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:55 am
Suspended

Never. Everybody knows everybody, too much to lose for single actors willing to speak up.
Corruption and cronyism so deep that it makes Chicago look like a playground for clean child’s play in comparison as someone comes around to breathe down their necks.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:21 am

As long as you don't talk about it doesn't exist!
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:37 am

Or make the statistics which say that you are best in the world.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Recovered? It's been rallying for at least the past 30 days.

Or did you just buy most of your current SAS shares before June and/or around or after the commemoration day for the end of World War 1 this year?
I bought 500 on July 11 for 1.27€. Today its at 1.91€. With the EUR/SEK exchange rate spoiling the party a bit I'm at +50% today. Not complaining.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I bought 500 on July 11 for 1.27€. Today its at 1.91€. With the EUR/SEK exchange rate spoiling the party a bit I'm at +50% today. Not complaining.
I thought EUR/SEK has been pretty much the same now as it was at points in July. The EUR is not my bread and butter, but I can see how that forex dynamic has been not as favorable since July for you as it has been for the USD-focused October buyers.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Corruption and cronyism so deep that it makes Chicago look like a playground for clean child’s play in comparison as someone comes around to breathe down their necks.
My take on Sweden has always been that middle management and below are so squeaky clean that Mr Muscle can't find anything to do, but above that it makes banana republics look veritably honest. What other country allows golden parachutes to deploy when someone is fired for corruption, and then the same person gets hired to run another big company the next day?
dodgeflyer likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:02 pm

I thought EUR/SEK has been pretty much the same now as it was at points in July. The EUR is not my bread and butter, but I can see how that forex dynamic has been not as favorable since July for you as it has been for the USD-focused October buyers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.