Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

First A350 for SK is now being built [merged A350 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First A350 for SK is now being built [merged A350 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
If that is the case, then all it does is indicate that your ‘complaints’ are not worthy of being taken seriously.

Granted, there is room for improvement but the level of complaints without proposed solutions on here (aside from ‘give me upgrades’, ‘I’m pissed at not being Pandion’, etc) is just staggering.
There are countless posts on here with proposed suggestions. I could care less about upgrades and any Pandion related discussion was primarily to highlight the lack of transparency and SAS's hypocritical statements about it being based on spend.

Happy to engage in any discussion around things that need improving and post suggestions. There is some joy to be had from Scandinavians religiously defending SAS despite all the obvious flaws (that they'll left and right agree to) just because its from the home turf.

But lets be fair that basic things like being unable to execute priority boarding years in, working priority luggage, serving edible food for all passengers, adding rollover points to EB, providing EB perks for C-only flyers, removing processes without transparency and adding worthwhile redemption to the EB store such as SAS-gift cards, there are no excuses for any of this not being solved a decade or longer ago. I'm sure someone will argue that since priority boarding or priority luggage worked on their ARN-CPH flight 2 years ago they are working fine but the reality is that across the board these things do not while they do for other airlines. As long as SAS keeps selling but not delivering the same product as those airlines, there will be complaints. The abuse Scandinavians will take from businesses (and their governments) is the staggering part.

Lets not forget about the questionable decisions SAS has made in recent times about their long haul network and the further alienation of customers outside of the hub for Danish Airlines.
w0r1dtrave1er likes this.

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Nov 10, 2019 at 8:09 am
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
There are countless posts on here with proposed suggestions. I could care less about upgrades and any Pandion related discussion was primarily to highlight the lack of transparency and SAS's hypocritical statements about it being based on spend.

Happy to engage in any discussion around things that need improving and post suggestions. There is some joy to be had from Scandinavians religiously defending SAS despite all the obvious flaws (that they'll left and right agree to) just because its from the home turf.

But lets be fair that basic things like being unable to execute priority boarding years in, working priority luggage, serving edible food for all passengers, adding rollover points to EB, providing EB perks for C-only flyers, removing processes without transparency and adding worthwhile redemption to the EB store such as SAS-gift cards, there are no excuses for any of this not being solved a decade or longer ago. I'm sure someone will argue that since priority boarding or priority luggage worked on their ARN-CPH flight 2 years ago they are working fine but the reality is that across the board these things do not while they do for other airlines. As long as SAS keeps selling but not delivering the same product as those airlines, there will be complaints. The abuse Scandinavians will take from businesses (and their governments) is the staggering part.

Lets not forget about the questionable decisions SAS has made in recent times about their long haul network and the further alienation of customers outside of the hub for Danish Airlines.
Why is it you feel the need to share you offtopic view in every single tread no matter the topic. Please do us all a favor and keep you vendetta against SK in the kafe tread. In this one it's offtopic.
SKT-DK, Tango Alpha and ScandiGB like this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Why is it you feel the need to share you offtopic view in every single tread no matter the topic. Please do us all a favor and keep you vendetta against SK in the kafe tread. In this one it's offtopic.
What vendetta? Replying to posts in this thread isn’t really a vendetta; and a material response to a post is not necessarily more off-topic than the posts trying to silence criticism or concern about what SK may be doing with the A350, things that may even be a pattern of behavior from SK in an environment where customer criticism or concerns of various sorts mainly fall on deaf ears with SAS or may even gets a hostile response from some corners. A little more tolerance for non-cheerleading won’t be the end of SAS or any other travel service provider with a forum/thread topic on FT.

Personally, I can’t wait to fly the SK A350 in the back of the flying bus in 2020 and come back with my report of what I think of it compared to the older SK birds I’ve been flying on the same routes this year. I hope to be positively surprised, but I am not expecting to be.

“I’ll be back ....”
East_and_West likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 10, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
The posting history in this thread seems to indicate that the first person to take it off-topic was you because you didn't agree with the on-topic criticism about the A350 which the topic is about.

I assume that as what appears to be a reasonably frequent flyer, you can argue as an adult and understand that there will be varying views on different topics and that many people have nothing to cheer about when it comes to SAS and not every post will be applauding their poor decisions.

Would also love to hear how any of my suggestions are not in your interest or would not benefit you if they were realised?

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Nov 11, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:59 pm
Suspended

So SAS long-haul fleet’s economy class seat width is declining to below something closer to the current 17.3(?)-inch average for SAS today and headed down toward a more tight and uncomfortable 17.0 inches with the A350?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So SAS long-haul fleet’s economy class seat width is declining to below something closer to the current 17.3(?)-inch average for SAS today and headed down toward a more tight and uncomfortable 17.0 inches with the A350?
Airbus and their marketing machine, including most airlines operating the aircraft like to say 18" width, though I notice some carriers say 16,9" to 17.4". I would guess that the narrow ones are the exit row ones with screens and tables in the armrest.

Cathay says 18", I don't know if they are truly 18", though they are quite comfy seats. The fun part is that there is no standard way to measure. So 18 and 17.4 may be they same.

Has SK finally announced something?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The posting history in this thread seems to indicate that the first person to take it off-topic was you because you didn't agree with the on-topic criticism about the A350 which the topic is about.
The admins have more than once cleaned out off topic posts from this tread, so it's probably not true that I was the first to drive the discussion off topic, and I'm not going to spend time on checking whether your statement are correct or not.
But I'm pretty tired of seeing the same general "complaints" posted from you in almost all treads regardless of topic over and over and over and over and over again. I'm pretty sure everyone have seen them multiple times and know what you will write when they have read the first line of your post.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:28 am

Earlier this week SK announced that they expect to take delivery of the first A350 on November 28 and that they expect it to arrive in CPH either in the evening of the 28 or morning of 29.

The bird also had it's second flight yesterday https://aibfamily.flights/A350/358, so it looks to be on track for an ontime delivery.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:29 am

The first SK A350 bird did it's customer acceptance test flight last Thursday https://aibfamily.flights/A350/358 It was a long flight, and other birds doing long customer acceptance test flights, only did one. Also in this picture
, showing the delivery center on November 22, it looks like the tail of SK bird just behind a Singapore Airlines bird. It's the 5th bird in the row. The Singapore airline bird took of on it's delivery flight later the same day.

All in all it looks like SE-RSA is ready for an ontime delivery.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:20 pm

The first SK A350 SE-RSA is now ready to be ferried to CPH https://aibfamily.flights/A350/358. Looks like it's scheduled to happen Friday and not Thursday as original planned.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Nov 26, 2019 at 12:25 am
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:45 am

[QUOTE=highupinthesky;31776298]The first SK A350 SE-RSA is now ready to be ferried to CPH. Looks like it's scheduled to happen Friday and not Thursday as original planned/QUOTE]

According to my sources in SAS it is planned to depart TLS apx. around noon on friday. But as always it can change....
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
And here is the beauty (pic uploaded 21 Nov so nothing to do with the ferry flight Friday)

Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SK AAR
And here is the beauty (pic uploaded 21 Nov so nothing to do with the ferry flight Friday)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aircrafts/49100925518/
Good-looking on the outside, but it's the inside that counts in the main, at least longer-term. And it's mainly from the inside where this may end up being ugly experiences in the main for those without the rose-tinted lenses. For a lot of people's sake, I hope it's as nice inside as it looks from the outside.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Good-looking on the outside, but it's the inside that counts in the main, at least longer-term. And it's mainly from the inside where this may end up being ugly experiences in the main for those without the rose-tinted lenses. For a lot of people's sake, I hope it's as nice inside as it looks from the outside.
I might see at least the marketing material for the inside tomorrow at the Tokyo launch event. If not, I'll try to ask what they plan to have on the inside.
entraider likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I might see at least the marketing material for the inside tomorrow at the Tokyo launch event. If not, I'll try to ask what they plan to have on the inside.
Enjoy the launch event.

SAS's marketing material and talk won't mean as much as experiencing as a passenger whatever it is that SK offers for passengers in the main on these planes by actually flying in the back of the SK A350 flying buses. Maybe SK should launch included lifetime chiropractor visits for anyone who flies SAS Go/economy class long-haul on the SK A350s at least 12 times within 12 days? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to be part of the SK launch event, but it may well be needed by those who do that even within 24 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.