Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK943 (CPH-ORD), Nov. 20, Diverted back to CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK943 (CPH-ORD), Nov. 20, Diverted back to CPH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Seriously, yes. But that's been on the days when no more CPH-HAM flights were available for booking the late arriving passengers trying to make CPH-HAM by air. FWIW, I've seen other airlines do this sort of thing too, like when UA or AA would bus people on MSN-ORD/ORD-MSN and things such as that.
LO does that pretty regularly for some domestic connections out of WAW.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SK2751
LO does that pretty regularly for some domestic connections out of WAW.
It happens more than many people realize; and I think the offer for a bus option, especially when there are service disruptions, can be a positive for the airline customers and for the airlines. I would even welcome if airlines were more willing to offer one-way car rentals as an option when there are such disruptions -- although my suggestion is not to drive when tired after a long flight and I would follow my own advice in that regard.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It happens more than many people realize; and I think the offer for a bus option, especially when there are service disruptions, can be a positive for the airline customers and for the airlines. I would even welcome if airlines were more willing to offer one-way car rentals as an option when there are such disruptions -- although my suggestion is not to drive when tired after a long flight and I would follow my own advice in that regard.
I agree that if an alternative is to spend a night in a hotel and waste at least a half of the next day, because you just missed the last connection, I'd rather be bussed forward, even if the trip s like 5-6 hours in the seat again (LO usually does that on about 3-4h trips, and I suspect that CPH to HAM is similar).
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SK EBG, RR PLT, IHG PLT
There are those who would rather hitchhike than have their flight recovered by -RKP...
SK2751 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OYKBD
There are those who would rather hitchhike than have their flight recovered by -RKP...
All I can say to them is "good luck finding a ride across Siberia"
SK2751 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by SK2751
I agree that if an alternative is to spend a night in a hotel and waste at least a half of the next day, because you just missed the last connection, I'd rather be bussed forward, even if the trip s like 5-6 hours in the seat again (LO usually does that on about 3-4h trips, and I suspect that CPH to HAM is similar).
Yes, CPH-HAM is about 4 to 5 hours on a coach. CPH is 1,5 to 2 hours in DK, 1 hour Ferry, 1,5 hours to 2 hours in Germany. That is kind of okay but when they leave at 11:30pm, arriving at 4am is nasty. Worse, a collegue reported they used a bus for a replacement of the last CPH-HAJ flight in summer. Leaving CPH at 11:45 arriving at 6:15am in HAJ. That must have been a miserable night in a coach seat... I would have rather slept in a hotel in CPH and took the next mornings flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.