Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New lounge construction in Kastrup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New lounge construction in Kastrup

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This Georg Jensen stuff is fascinating. Using this airport 16+ years, more than half of it on weekly basis, and still did not know about it This is why I FT so engaging. Now how to get in there without buying the Georg Jensen crap and dust gatherers ... at least I have a new goal in life.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by GUWonder
To whom (and on what basis) does Georg Jensen give those invitation-only memberships?
A colleague of mine at the Copenhagen office, won a one-year pass to the Georg Jensen lounge through some kind of sweepstake in a Danish interior magazine a few years back. The funny (or sad) thing is that she is almost never traveling, so I think she ended up visiting the lounge two times
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by wazow
This Georg Jensen stuff is fascinating. Using this airport 16+ years, more than half of it on weekly basis, and still did not know about it This is why I FT so engaging. Now how to get in there without buying the Georg Jensen crap and dust gatherers ... at least I have a new goal in life.
Agree! Having been to CPH 1.264 times I had never heard of this lounge. Not that I need the lounge, but hate not to know....
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Agree! Having been to CPH 1.264 times I had never heard of this lounge. Not that I need the lounge, but hate not to know....
It has been there since they opened the current shop. It was fairly well publicised when they opened the shop. But maybe not so much in the frequent traveller communities as the access was not based on how much you fly.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It has been there since they opened the current shop. It was fairly well publicised when they opened the shop. But maybe not so much in the frequent traveller communities as the access was not based on how much you fly.
i have been there. I bought a pair of cufflinks a few years ago and asked afterwards if I could wait there, which they said yes to.
It is nicely decorated. Classy and pleasant. It is basically just an upper floor that they have on the store where others have a very high ceiling.

One person I know runs a restaurant that uses George Jensen cutlery. He has access.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:35 am

The adventure lounge at CPH is due to open in 10 days.

For pictures please see this article (in Danish):
https://insideflyer.dk/menzies-aviat...arts-planlagt/

Still no news on access - except that it should be possible to buy access (but hardly surprising)

For an aerial view - look at the top picture in this article (could not get the picture into this article):
http://www.standby.dk/flyselskaber-k...avns-lufthavn/
The lounge is located on the upper floor in the semi circle just below the EK 777 and the SK 340
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Yes, waiting times at European immigration can be as bad as at US immigration at times. Had a very memorable Sunday morning arrival in FRA from JFK where only one booth was staffed... even being German citizen traveling LH F I waited about 45 minutes...
The good thing about FRA is that there might be another Schengen entry immigration checkpoint just around the corner, which the scrum doesnt know of.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Eventyr Lounge Open!

It looks like the new Eventyr Lounge is now open! I hope they contract with the lounge programs or even SAS, so that we don't have to worry about passport control. Regardless, the day pass rate actually seems reasonable.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:15 pm

So BA is onboard. I feel confident QR and EK will join soon.
From a personal perspective Priority Pass would be nice as well
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I could end up using this lounge this week. It will be nice for my bread-and-butter route, as using most of the Schengen-side lounges really doesn't work out so well for me when flying from CPH to non-Schengen destinations.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I could end up using this lounge this week. It will be nice for my bread-and-butter route, as using most of the Schengen-side lounges really doesn't work out so well for me when flying from CPH to non-Schengen destinations.
So please give us a review - including access policies.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: SAS
The press release from the airport regarding the openíng of the Eventyr lounge also mentions another lounge opening in the non-Schengen area D. This should take place in October. Anyone got an idea or know what sort of lounge that could be ?
Anyways , these new non-Schengen should help reduce some of the last minute rushes to the passport control.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This link: http://www.standby.dk/koebenhavns-lu...o-nye-lounger/ has been mentioned in thread above. It only discloses that the lounge will be open by a Turkish company TAV Passport (http://www.tavpassport.com/en/TavPas...s/default.aspx). This seems to be an independent service company. I have no idea whether they do any services for TK.

Last edited by SK2751; Mar 3, 2017 at 3:02 am
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
The press release from the airport regarding the openíng of the Eventyr lounge also mentions another lounge opening in the non-Schengen area D. This should take place in October. Anyone got an idea or know what sort of lounge that could be ?
Anyways , these new non-Schengen should help reduce some of the last minute rushes to the passport control.
It will of course do very little to ease up the too often long (and even slow) lines at passport control when trying to leave the Schengen area by air from CPH.

The TAV Passport-operated lounge seems to be working out a deal with at least Priority Pass. I don't know when or if that will be finalized.

I'm likely going to be using the Eventyr lounge today or tomorrow.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
TAV operates a number of 'primeclass' lounges all other world and the famous pleasure temple aka the TK CIP lounge in IST and its sibling IAD. They also have the contract for the LH lounge in IAD. It seems TAV is expanding and aiming for the higher end like the HKG based Premium Plaza group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.