Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Somehow I have the feeling that a good amount of enhancements are part of the well-thought-out introduction of the Light fare to NA.

Briefly after the introduction SK adjusted the bag benefit. It seems like it wasn't a big issue with the European Light fare but with the Light fare to NA it got one.
Then they noticed that with the rock-bottom NA Light fare they can't cover the costs for their FFP and they cut the earnings for all Light tickets to a tiny minimum.
And now they noticed that you can circumvent the earning cut by placing a successful bid via PlusGrade and that this should be fixed. At least if you don't give SK more money.

This really fits into many other well-thought-out plans of SK.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by budenholzer
Do you have a link for the mentioned summer campaign where you can bid with 350 SEK?
I never saw a campaign offer for upgrades this summer, but noticed it when attempting the upgrade. The same is true for our return flights on Saturday from FCO - minimum bid is 350 SEK, 30% off normal prices.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
No additional miles on Plusgrade upgrade

Just to report that the recent changes on Plusgrade points/miles not changing with the upgrade seems to have come into effect, at least when crediting to ffp other than EB.

My recent outbound flight upgraded with minimum cash offer did not credit automatically to A3 (as has previously always been the case).

When the return flight credited automatically a few days after I knew something was up. Went to retro-register and the system picked up the original booking class (not A). It’s ‘just’ 1200 miles, but still a bummer.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by groovyfly
Just to report that the recent changes on Plusgrade points/miles not changing with the upgrade seems to have come into effect, at least when crediting to ffp other than EB.

My recent outbound flight upgraded with minimum cash offer did not credit automatically to A3 (as has previously always been the case).

When the return flight credited automatically a few days after I knew something was up. Went to retro-register and the system picked up the original booking class (not A). It’s ‘just’ 1200 miles, but still a bummer.
not good news, especially for my next few SAS flights, gonna try upgrade anyway
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by groovyfly

I thought plusgrades upgrade paid with money were still going to give points based on the upgraded class, and it only were plusgrade upgrades paid with points which wouldn't give points according to the upgraded class.
Beside that SK stated they will make a proper announcement before it went into effect. I would write to the customer service and challenge the missing points if I were in your position.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
We are talking here - afaik - about a credit to another program rather than Eurobonus. That was always clearly stated that this was not guaranteed (while crediting to Eurobonus had been proactively promoted). I read the conditions in the official PDF that can be downloaded from the SAS website.
It clearly states: If you are upgraded, you’ll earn EuroBonus points according to the new service class. Please note that when you are upgraded, you cannot earn points from any other frequent flyer programs even if another loyalty program membership number is assigned to your original reservation. If you have purchased an award ticket you will not accrue EuroBonus points on your upgrade as award tickets are not eligible for point accrual
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I would write to the customer service and challenge the missing points if I were in your position.
Since day 1, they said other FFPs will get credit according to the booked ticket, not the upgraded ticket. I guess they figured out the loophole by now and closed this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by fassy
I guess they figured out the loophole by now and closed this.
It took them only 3 years.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by herwig
We are talking here - afaik - about a credit to another program rather than Eurobonus. That was always clearly stated that this was not guaranteed (while crediting to Eurobonus had been proactively promoted). I read the conditions in the official PDF that can be downloaded from the SAS website.
Looking at the pdf in the link above I found this:

Q: CAN I PLACE A BID BOTH FOR PLUS & BUSINESS?
Yes you can, in fact this increases your chances of getting Upgraded as we have more seats in Plus than Business. Just bid for Business first and then place a fall back bid in Plus. We will try to upgrade you to Business and if not successful we will try with Plus.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have never seen an option to bid for both...
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by JR67
Looking at the pdf in the link above I found this:

Q: CAN I PLACE A BID BOTH FOR PLUS & BUSINESS?
Yes you can, in fact this increases your chances of getting Upgraded as we have more seats in Plus than Business. Just bid for Business first and then place a fall back bid in Plus. We will try to upgrade you to Business and if not successful we will try with Plus.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have never seen an option to bid for both...
I have never placed the double bid, but have you tried doing as described in your own quote? First complete the bids for Business and the add a bid for Plus?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I have never placed the double bid, but have you tried doing as described in your own quote? First complete the bids for Business and the add a bid for Plus?
I am pretty sure I have tried in the past, and once the bid for business is in I am only offered the option to change it, not put in a new bid. But I may well have done something wrong...

BTW - sorry for the double post - I asked this earlier, and forgot about posting it or checking up on it. In my mind I remembered thinking about posting it, but never did...
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This definitely works. I have double bid several times this year. I can't remember how, but it was "natural" - I think I was asked after my C bid, whether I want to add a PLUS bid.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I noticed on their website, it says that Eurobonus elites have their bids up-weighted. Does anyone have any insight into this, and also, does this apply for *G as well?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I noticed on their website, it says that Eurobonus elites have their bids up-weighted. Does anyone have any insight into this, and also, does this apply for *G as well?
Not for *G.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:38 am

Currently booked in Plus. Any advice on how many points to bid for an upgrade to Business on ORD-CPH in about 3 weeks for 2 pax? Status is C7 D6 Z3 J0 and the seat map currently shows 8 open seats, with 6 seats having been filled in the last couple of days.

When I log in to make the bid, the suggested amount is 33,000 which shows the pointer on the line between "a bit low" and "still modest." The minimum points available for bid is 25,020. I don't have any status on SK. I've got just enough points to bid as high as 33,600 per person but could transfer a bit more from AmEx if needed (although that takes 3-5 days).

Also, is it better to place the bid immediately or wait until closer to departure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.