Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Longhaul Gremlins [Irregular Operations Ticker]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Longhaul Gremlins [Irregular Operations Ticker]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK1989
It has been used as dedicated back-up and to relieve the fleet during unscheduled events for quite some time now
So it will probably fill in for the A330E instead of an A330, as it does have the range for both HKG and LAX. Though the seat count in the classes varies a bit.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by SK1989
The winter schedule can be flown with two airplanes out of service so the real question is how they will manage the missing A330E since the other A330s does not have the range for LAX or HKG...
The LAX-ARN-HKG-run requires only 2 A330E, I suppose?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Typically the inbound A330(E) from HKG leaves for ORD as the LAX flight leaves much earlier.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Typically the inbound A330(E) from HKG leaves for ORD as the LAX flight leaves much earlier.
Of course. My bad. Mixed up LAX and ORD.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Had an equipment change on the ARN-ORD due to the one plane going tech. A340 scheduled on the way home Sunday, although the staff expected the A330 to be operational by then.

LN-RKP did not seem to have functioning entertainment in Plus and 30 AB and 30 GH did not have any system at all. Staff had tablets for everyone, although the batteries on mine gave out half way through the flight.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I complained about the poor experience on the A330 (EWR-OSL). That trip was amazing compared to the flight I took earlier today (CPH-ORD). Where to begin?

*Aircraft swap from newer plane with lie flats and Wi-Fi to older A340 with no Wi-Fi or lie flats and an old IFE system.
*My seat and the light at my seat were broken. I could manually adjust some positions but most button were broken. I pointed it out to the FA and she said, "well at least some work."
*The "chef" took off his shirt and changed into his chef smock in the galley with the curtain open (inappropriate).
*The chef also used his hands (no gloves or tools) to portion the greens for salads into bowls. I refrained from eating and called him out on this behavior. He mumbled something to his colleague in Danish (which I do not speak).
*Other FA was mixing a drink and the shaker slipped and spilled all over my arm. She handed me a napkin and barely grunted an apology.
*The light at my seat kept falling out of the seat and landing on my head/shoulder. The FA asked me if I broke it!?!
*We arrived late and had to wait for a gate at ORD, which capped off an annoying flight.

I wish that SK would have notified me of this change as I would have booked elsewhere. I paid for biz tickets and feel robbed by the poor experience. The FA's lack of feeling (could care less) added salt to the wounds.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I complained about the poor experience on the A330 (EWR-OSL). That trip was amazing compared to the flight I took earlier today (CPH-ORD). Where to begin?

*Aircraft swap from newer plane with lie flats and Wi-Fi to older A340 with no Wi-Fi or lie flats and an old IFE system.
*My seat and the light at my seat were broken. I could manually adjust some positions but most button were broken. I pointed it out to the FA and she said, "well at least some work."
*The "chef" took off his shirt and changed into his chef smock in the galley with the curtain open (inappropriate).
*The chef also used his hands (no gloves or tools) to portion the greens for salads into bowls. I refrained from eating and called him out on this behavior. He mumbled something to his colleague in Danish (which I do not speak).
*Other FA was mixing a drink and the shaker slipped and spilled all over my arm. She handed me a napkin and barely grunted an apology.
*The light at my seat kept falling out of the seat and landing on my head/shoulder. The FA asked me if I broke it!?!
*We arrived late and had to wait for a gate at ORD, which capped off an annoying flight.

I wish that SK would have notified me of this change as I would have booked elsewhere. I paid for biz tickets and feel robbed by the poor experience. The FA's lack of feeling (could care less) added salt to the wounds.
Was the plane a lease from HiFly, or an SAS (painted) plane? I am curious if they again need to get outside flying support.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Was the plane a lease from HiFly, or an SAS (painted) plane? I am curious if they again need to get outside flying support.
Last few days SK943 was operated with SAS planes (LN-RKP, LN-RKG, OY-KBI, LN-RKO), only flight showing any delays was on the 22nd on OY-KBI.

I guess EWRFlyerAL was on LN-RKP (the Ex-LAN bird), so at least the delay couldn't have been so bad. Anyway, expecting the new cabin and then boarding LN-RKP has to be a huge disappointment. They should really have spend the extra $ to upgrade that one as well.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fassy
They should really have spend the extra $ to upgrade that one as well.
LN-RKP is paid for by Airbus and will stick around till the remaining A330E and A359 come into the fleet.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
Last few days SK943 was operated with SAS planes (LN-RKP, LN-RKG, OY-KBI, LN-RKO), only flight showing any delays was on the 22nd on OY-KBI.

I guess EWRFlyerAL was on LN-RKP (the Ex-LAN bird), so at least the delay couldn't have been so bad. Anyway, expecting the new cabin and then boarding LN-RKP has to be a huge disappointment. They should really have spend the extra $ to upgrade that one as well.
Yet RKP still does have flat seats.... Though the working state of them could be doubtful as they must be getting fairly old....
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: Eurobonus
What happened with SK909 today? (Jan 19th)

Anyone knows why SK909 was cancelled today? (January 17th, 2017)
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Aircraft went tech:

Code:
>dosk909/19jan
DOSK909/19JAN                                                                   
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            SK 909   -1 TH 19JAN17                   
CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)                    
CPH  ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE                1710                            
     DELAY SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE                                                
     FLIGHT CANCELLED                           1126                            
     FLIGHT CLD DUE TECHNICAL REASON                                            
     ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  2005     EWR                    

*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SK 909   -1 TH 19JAN17                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
CPH          1040  TH CDZRJYSBPAE/M       333         8:55                      
                      MHQVWUKLTOG/M                                             
                      N/M                                                       
EWR 1335  TH                                                8:55                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.CPH EWR   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                                               
 2.CPH EWR   - ARRIVES TERMINAL B                                               
 3.CPH EWR   - SECURED FLIGHT                                                   
 4.CPH EWR   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    
 5.CPH EWR   - DOCS MANDATORY FOR PSGRS TRVL                                    
 6.CPH EWR   - TO FROM AND WITHIN USA                                           
)>dosk909/17jan
DOSK909/17JAN                                                                   
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            SK 909   -3 TU 17JAN17                   
CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)                    
CPH  LEFT THE GATE                              1037                            
     TOOK OFF                                   1051                            
     ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  1304     EWR                    
EWR  AIRCRAFT LANDED                            1304                            
     ARRIVED                                    1312                            

*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SK 909   -3 TU 17JAN17                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
CPH          1040  TU CDZRJYSBPAE/M       333         8:55                      
                      MHQVWUKLTOG/M                                             
                      N/M                                                       
EWR 1335  TU                                                8:55                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.CPH EWR   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                                               
 2.CPH EWR   - ARRIVES TERMINAL B                                               
 3.CPH EWR   - SECURED FLIGHT                                                   
 4.CPH EWR   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    
 5.CPH EWR   - DOCS MANDATORY FOR PSGRS TRVL                                    
 6.CPH EWR   - TO FROM AND WITHIN USA                                           
)>
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:53 am

OY-KBC is AOG: http://avherald.com/h?article=4a48d6e1&opt=1
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Saw that SK998 (PVG-CPH) is delayed 3 1/2 hour, anyone know if there are gremlins at play? Curious to know if further delays might be expected.

Edit: slow internet, but it looks like the inbound from CPH (SK997) was delayed 4 hours. Hoping for an extra delay st PVG so that we can get compensation

Last edited by livious; Feb 23, 2017 at 7:59 pm
Old May 17, 2017, 4:24 am

Sk 998 cph-osl!

SK 998 (OY-KBM) went tech yesterday - toilets broke down...
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.