Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SAS long haul routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
"Autum"-startup for the MIA-route seems now to be Sep. 28.
Source?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by JelloBiafra
Source?

Before questioning someone's input, you could at least do basic verification. The booking engine shows the route and it is bookable on the 28th of September for OSL-MIA with CPH-MIA starting on the 29th.

Interesting enough both routes will be operated by A330, including the CPH route, from what I can see.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
"Autum"-startup for the MIA-route seems now to be Sep. 28.
Has been open for booking for about two months now... ^

http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/11/sk-mia-sep16/

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Interesting enough both routes will be operated by A330, including the CPH route, from what I can see.
Why is that?.. It will be flown an refreshed A330 that is being freed up from ARN-EWR

Last edited by SK1989; Jan 18, 2016 at 11:15 am
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
New SAS long haul routes?

But SAS forgot to tell...

Seems as if OSL will have first flight.

Problably one of the old A330's. But at least same a/c, as it will do a W-rotation.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK1989
Why is that?.. It will be flown an refreshed A330 that is being freed up from ARN-EWR
I was only surprised by the CPH aircraft, figured it would be served by the A340 fleet.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this route and will make good use of it.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:51 pm

As a result of the W-rotation, the CPH-MIA route will be inaugurated “inverse”, with a flight MIA-CPH on the 28. September.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I guess it's safe to say that SAS will be using the J concourse in Miami and rely on Aviancas lounge for eligible passengers. I was there this week and I found the food offering to be quite good. Space becomes an issue in the afternoon though, when LH have two departing wide bodies, LX has one, and there is a constant coming and going of AVs own flights and those of CM.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Milkman
I guess it's safe to say that SAS will be using the J concourse in Miami and rely on Aviancas lounge for eligible passengers. I was there this week and I found the food offering to be quite good. Space becomes an issue in the afternoon though, when LH have two departing wide bodies, LX has one, and there is a constant coming and going of AVs own flights and those of CM.
J is very crowded. Not safe to say that at all. It might be H, where passengers would still have AV lounge access. Also, LX has two daily MIA departures most of the year.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:32 am

From S17 one rotation on the MIA-route will be moved from OSL to CPH (so CPH 4, OSL 3).
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:56 am

my initial guess would be at the end of Summer 17 they will switch back to OSL having 4 and CPH with 3's a week!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by aznhandles
my initial guess would be at the end of Summer 17 they will switch back to OSL having 4 and CPH with 3's a week!
That is probably likely. In the summer traffic switches to heavier Miami-originating, so it makes sense to bring more capacity to Copenhagen which itself is more popular with Americans, and which offers better onward connections to key summer markets like France, Italy, etc.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
That is probably likely. In the summer traffic switches to heavier Miami-originating, so it makes sense to bring more capacity to Copenhagen which itself is more popular with Americans, and which offers better onward connections to key summer markets like France, Italy, etc.
So ur saying americans would likely want to go to Copenhagen rather than Oslo?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aznhandles
So ur saying americans would likely want to go to Copenhagen rather than Oslo?
No. He's saying that most people flying to Scandinavia in the summer most likely are connecting to another European city*. CPH offers more connection options than OSL.

* - another theory is that more cruise ships leave out of CPH than OSL.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
No. He's saying that most people flying to Scandinavia in the summer most likely are connecting to another European city*. CPH offers more connection options than OSL.

* - another theory is that more cruise ships leave out of CPH than OSL.
I'm saying both.

But let's not treat that like an insult - the simple reality is that Copenhagen is a bigger tourist destination than Oslo and, as you mention, a cruise hub. Nothing more.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
I'm saying both.

But let's not treat that like an insult - the simple reality is that Copenhagen is a bigger tourist destination than Oslo and, as you mention, a cruise hub. Nothing more.
Or it could be that Danes are the only ones stupid enough to go to Florida during summer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.