Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Delayed

Was delayed around 2 hours back in December beacuse of "unavailable aircraft" (what a reason!) and hence rerouting.

Think I saw a post here some time back that even a 1.5 hours delay may give some compensation - but cannot find the post.. Thought the EU regulation only covered worse delays..

Is there way to see on the net exactly when a flight landed - weeks back?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
According to the official rules you're not entitled to anything when it's less than 2 hours(if it's right on the edge I think you have a tough case).

And it depends if it's a type 1/2/3 flight(1 = 2h, 2 = 3h, 3 = 4h delay to be entitled).

Maybe you'll get some points if you're really stubborn with the customer service
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL, TK Gold
Compensation?

Hello

Not sure this is the right forum. I am new.

I did fly with SAS from Germany to London via Oslo. The flight to oslo arrived with 1 hour delay resulting in missing the connecting flight and being reschedule on a flight 10 hours later. I got a hotel room and food, but I thougt I was entitled to compensation of 400 euro according to the eu regulations. Sas replied to me saying that the delay was only of 1 hour on the first flight and that the delay is not to be calculated on the whole journey but on the actual delay of the flight, therefore it is less than 3 hours. It sounds odd to me but can anyone give me more information on this interpretion of the delay?

Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Skatn85
Hello

Not sure this is the right forum. I am new.

I did fly with SAS from Germany to London via Oslo. The flight to oslo arrived with 1 hour delay resulting in missing the connecting flight and being reschedule on a flight 10 hours later. I got a hotel room and food, but I thougt I was entitled to compensation of 400 euro according to the eu regulations. Sas replied to me saying that the delay was only of 1 hour on the first flight and that the delay is not to be calculated on the whole journey but on the actual delay of the flight, therefore it is less than 3 hours. It sounds odd to me but can anyone give me more information on this interpretion of the delay?

Thanks
Was it booked on one or separate tickets?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by pswe
Was it booked on one or separate tickets?

Yes it was on one ticket by the same company.

Here is their funny interpretation of the law:

" According to EU261/2004, it does not depend on our passengers actual arrival time of their final destination in their SAS Tickets but depends on our actual irregular flights and its flight lengths, for example, the flight, SKxxx from Berlin to Oslo on xx January 2015, its actual arrival time Oslo 20:22 against its scheduled arrival time 19:00, meaning this flight itself was delayed, less than 2 hours therefore you are not entitled to any of monetary compensation while we have rebooked you to another SAS flights on xx January 2015 [followingday]according to EU regulation"
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by Skatn85
Yes it was on one ticket by the same company.

Here is their funny interpretation of the law:

" According to EU261/2004, it does not depend on our passengers actual arrival time of their final destination in their SAS Tickets but depends on our actual irregular flights and its flight lengths, for example, the flight, SKxxx from Berlin to Oslo on xx January 2015, its actual arrival time Oslo 20:22 against its scheduled arrival time 19:00, meaning this flight itself was delayed, less than 2 hours therefore you are not entitled to any of monetary compensation while we have rebooked you to another SAS flights on xx January 2015 [followingday]according to EU regulation"
This is complete ........ from them. EU261/2004 applies also for itineraries with connections. I've even been compensated from SAS similar case than yours.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:05 am

Just got 400 euro as a compensation, thanks everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.