Wiki Posts
Search

SAS at LHR T2

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:17 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Cornish Exile
On a related topic, does anyone know please if the staff in the LH lounge at T2 are aware that EBS members are permitted to enter SK lounges in July/Aug and over the Christmas period. My wife has just gained Silver and we are flying to OSL next month.

I am concerned that because it is not primarily an SK lounge, the reception staff may not be aware of this (appreciate that most posters here are Gold or Diamond if not Pandion, but we all have to start somewhere!)

Many thanks.
The SAS Homepage clearly states that the Silver lounge benefit is only valid at SAS OPERATED lounges which LHR is not.

Valid July 1 - August 31 and December 15 - January 15. Includes access to SAS Fast Track in Scandinavia and Finland and to SAS Lounges worldwide (except SAS Gold Lounges) when traveling on SAS and Wideroe on the same day as you are traveling. You can also bring one guest or 4 family members (spouse, partner, own children and parents) into the lounge.

Last edited by ksu; Jun 4, 2016 at 3:42 am Reason: Substituting English text for Norwegian
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: Miles & More (LH), BA, AA, Eurobonus : IHG One Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Live Limitless
Thank you both very much for clarifying the policy so promptly.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
I think that Plaza Premium in T2A is still an option as well. It's my regular stop thanks to Priority Pass but I miss the option of the UA lounge (but not the trek to get there).
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by fassy
You can use the LH lounge, UA lounge, AC lounge and in theory the SQ lounge. Anyway, SQ is known for sending people away... (I never had any issues getting in)
I've never had any issues getting into any of the T2-lounges. My favourite is UA with bartenders mixing drinks, real champagne and a broad variety of food together with good views of the tarmac and wonderful showers.
Yes, it's quite a hike back to the A-gates, but at a normal walking pace it can be done in less than 15 mins, so no problem at all.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I prefer the LH lounge for breakfast (particularly good eggs and mushrooms), and the UA lounge for lunch or dinner. But these are marginal preferences as both lounges are truly excellent. I have never tried the AC one, but I also enjoyed the SQ lounge but it wasn't nearly at the same level as the UA one next door.

For SK departures, the LH lounge makes so much more sense that it would only be an exceptional circumstance which would take me to UA, AC or SQ.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:34 am

the AC lounge is good for only one thing, Guiness on draft
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
For SK departures, the LH lounge makes so much more sense that it would only be an exceptional circumstance which would take me to UA, AC or SQ.
I find the LH-lounge below standards: unhelpful staff, hard to find seating, obtructed views, no magazines, just one German paper, no name wines, mediocre food. So I will anytime go for the exercise run between A and B-gates
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Jespersm
I find the LH-lounge below standards: unhelpful staff, hard to find seating, obtructed views, no magazines, just one German paper, no name wines, mediocre food. So I will anytime go for the exercise run between A and B-gates
When I experience a below par lounge I just thank myself I'm not in BA T5, GLA or any BA lounge or product for that matter
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Jespersm
I've never had any issues getting into any of the T2-lounges. My favourite is UA with bartenders mixing drinks, real champagne and a broad variety of food together with good views of the tarmac and wonderful showers.
Yes, it's quite a hike back to the A-gates, but at a normal walking pace it can be done in less than 15 mins, so no problem at all.
Agree, I've walked from SQ lounge to closest A gate in 6,5 min so 15-20 min of normal walking should be fine for all gates.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Lounge access for people with families travelling with them now sucks. At the old SK lounge they would let me in with my wife and kids, not anymore the miserable .......s running the LH lounge will only let in a single guest.

3 hours in LHR with kids and no lounge access, not fun.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by KiwiRob
Lounge access for people with families travelling with them now sucks. At the old SK lounge they would let me in with my wife and kids, not anymore the miserable .......s running the LH lounge will only let in a single guest.

I guess you will see a lot of people actually in favor of enforcing that rule. It goes both ways...
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Hmmm... Given that I spent a 2-3 hours in lounges a week the last 5 years, and never experienced a problematic kid in the lounge, I think the problem is not real. (and half of my stays are in SK lounges where families are welcome).
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by KiwiRob

One option is to use the Plaza Premium lounge (you have access as EBG) and pay for the kids. Not perfect, but better than 3 hours without lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by wazow
Hmmm... Given that I spent a 2-3 hours in lounges a week the last 5 years, and never experienced a problematic kid in the lounge, I think the problem is not real. (and half of my stays are in SK lounges where families are welcome).
I usually have not a problem with kids in lounges as well, but there are people who do, just sayin'. And to be honest, given the current congestion in most lounges during peak hours 5 people more in the lounge is worse than 2.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I agree that overcrowded lounges are a problem. Especially that I go there to use the time well, not hunt for seats ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.