Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
<<nevermind>>

Last edited by JR67; Jun 20, 2017 at 10:45 pm
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Spare aircraft doesn't get much rest.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:53 pm

Interesting enough they seem not to send it to SFO? Afraid of loosing an attractive market to the competition?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
What recourse do I have if it operates my sectors? (It appears to be scheduled for SK901/902 quite a bit these last few weeks)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Spare aircraft doesn't get much rest.
Cue the "But, but, but... look at LH/DY" deflection attempts.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What recourse do I have if it operates my sectors? (It appears to be scheduled for SK901/902 quite a bit these last few weeks)
None really, airlines are not obliged to compensate for aircraft swaps. Recent reports says that SK does not offer anything, but it is up to SK's good intentions.

If your ticket and dates are flexible, you can rebook once it gets apparent it is going to happen. But it might cost a pretty penny in additional fare....
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
None, vote with your wallet!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
The tone of voice apart - I naturally prefer to be on the "real" refurbished birds, but honestly to me the difference is not so dramatic. I still get flat bed in biz and larger "recliner" seats in Plus - albeit both in slightly downgraded version. No WiFi, and reduced IFE - but neither is important enough to me to warrant rerouting or a massive headheache.

If you really want to avoid the bird - then fly out of ARN. Of course ARN and SK HQ only gets the best.

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; Jun 29, 2017 at 4:11 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: More than one
This is not a deflecting attempt. But if I understand you correct. When flying LH, UA or any other airline with a larger long haul fleet, which offcourse will have different interior standard and age, it's ok when they swap the birds, but for SK who has one bird with an interior which is about 5 year older than the refurbished birds, it's not acceptable when they switch the birds?

Your complaints here looks a lot like the frequent flyer who fights to get on the planes as the first, so they can put there small briefcase in the overheads, and then complains when they are asked to take it down, because it's a full flight.

If flying on LN-RKP is a big problem for you, your really need to get out of your protected house and experience the world. To me, flying on LN-RKP is not a problem at all. The WIFI in the other SK birds is so unstable that I don't use it anyway, and they don't have the phone service is all the refurbished birds, nor does the outboard cameras work on all the refurbished birds.
In other words.

I wonder if you will start complaining about having to fly on a A330/A340 when the new A350 arrives?

In other words. I fully understand SK when they ignore complaints about LN-RKP. It's not as good as the refurbished birds, but it's not a bad bird at all.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
When flying LH, UA or any other airline [...]
Thank you for proving my post right.
"But LH", "but UA", "but DY"...

Deflect, deflect, deflect!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:35 am

Thank you for proving my post right.
"But LH", "but UA", "but DY"...

Deflect, deflect, deflect!
Why is this a deflection?

Is it not merely a difference in personal preferences. Clearly for you it is absolutely key to get a very consistent experience in the hard product.
Were as for highupinthesky it is not as important - and he/she has other preferences.

Each their own taste
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Chase, United
I also don't see record of it flying the lax - arn route. Is it range restricted from the west coast us? Or does it really never fly arn flights? Or maybe both? Or is the full record including lax flights?
Originally Posted by fassy
Interesting enough they seem not to send it to SFO? Afraid of loosing an attractive market to the competition?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: Chase, United
Also, does it sub for A330 flights too or only A340?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by zoechow
I also don't see record of it flying the lax - arn route. Is it range restricted from the west coast us? Or does it really never fly arn flights? Or maybe both? Or is the full record including lax flights?
I only think I once within the last month saw it do the leg ORD - ARN (June 30). On the way to ORD it did the leg CPH-ORD On July 1 it it was ferried to CPH to do the evening rotation CPH - EWR.

Except for the Asia routes there are no routes which are only 330 or 340. You often see 340's flying to EWR or IAD, just as you often see 330's flying to ORD or SFO. On the Asia routes you very seldom see 330's and on the new routes to LAX and MIA you very seldom see 340's due to almost all the 340's having home base in CPH, while the new 330's have home base in either ARN or OSL.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Jul 6, 2017 at 11:36 am
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Both, but lately only for the A340 to/from EWR - as per my monitoring...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.