Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Credit Card Offers in DK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:09 am
Original Poster

SAS Credit Card Offers in DK

Hi all,

How is the EB Mastercard? Seems pretty pathetic compared to airline credit card offers I have had in the past,
Are there any other options for Eurobonus for an American living in CPH?

Thanks,
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by twosidedbin
Hi all,

How is the EB Mastercard? Seems pretty pathetic compared to airline credit card offers I have had in the past,
Are there any other options for Eurobonus for an American living in CPH?

Thanks,
Can only agree that the credit card offerings are limited . I have the Diners Club card, and use it whenever possible to earn some bonuspoints, but unfortunately it is not nearly as widely accepted as MC and Amex.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:15 am

In general CC (or any loyalty program) offerings in Europa are no match to the crazy US programs.

I think the best CC+EuroBonus offering is still with AMEX but I think it is not available in Denmark?

Anyway I have the Mastercard (from SEB) and Amex with EuroBonus Branding. The point earning is kind of okay, but not great - espacially after SAS raised the price on the award tickets and upgrades.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:36 pm

American Express is not available in Denmark
Diners and MC are

After Diners started to double as Discovery its reach is pretty wide - only rarely do have to use the MC. Earnings are 50% better on Diners and exchange rates are usually better
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I use both SAS branded MC and Diners; the former works as a good back up whenever the first one is not accepted. I agree that neither is any special, but this is the best we can get in Denmark.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
If you have EB Gold then you can have the cards for free. Mr. Nacho is not, so he has to pay for the EB MC - it's better than nothing. The DC is too expensive and it's really not widely accepted.

I think EB MC and DC are the only option in Denmark.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by nacho
The DC is too expensive and it's really not widely accepted.
Since DC now also doubbles as Discover - it is only few places where I have to go with the MC. So not really a problem for me.

Do note that the DC comes with some benefits that the MC does not (if you need them is another matter): Lounge access, travel incurrance, including a nice one on delayed bagage, etc.).
Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Since DC now also doubbles as Discover - it is only few places where I have to go with the MC. So not really a problem for me.

Do note that the DC comes with some benefits that the MC does not (if you need them is another matter): Lounge access, travel incurrance, including a nice one on delayed bagage, etc.).
True if you spend enough $$$ on your DC then it's a good choice. I'm mostly using the card to buy flight tickets and TK (I fly mostly with) doesn't take DC. Not sure if Danish online shops take DC - I ordered a freezer from punkt1.dk and I don't think they take DC - I paid with the MC instead.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: SAS EBG, BA Bronze, Thon Gold, Nordic Choice Silver
I have the SAS MC in Norway and it is useful for 2 things in particular:
1 - there is no charge for spending in foreign currency so when I spend in any currency other than NKr, I always use my SAS MC.
2 - you can rack up points quite quickly if you spend a lot. They also do special deals like double points weekends etc. I've earned enough in the last half year for 2 return domestic trips, for example.
Customer service has also been very good and I made one claim on the included travel insurance with no fuss. Of course, it counts as your ticket with SAS, regardless of whether you actually pay with the MC. And it's free if you're gold...
There are definitely cards with better benefits, but if you almost exclusively fly with SAS, it's quite a useful one to have.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timlno
1 - there is no charge for spending in foreign currency so when I spend in any currency other than NKr, I always use my SAS MC.
That's nice! It's a shame that it's not the case for the DK EB MC. SEB robs people with foreign currency rate.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
BTW. Paypal accepts DC which often comes handy to me (that is if you do not care about yet another currency exchange -- paypal charges me in USD when I pay in DKK, and I do not know how to work around that).
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:37 am
KRS

Originally Posted by timlno
2 - you can rack up points quite quickly if you spend a lot. They also do special deals like double points weekends etc. I've earned enough in the last half year for 2 return domestic trips, for example.
Customer service has also been very good and I made one claim on the included travel insurance with no fuss. Of course, it counts as your ticket with SAS, regardless of whether you actually pay with the MC. And it's free if you're gold...
There are definitely cards with better benefits, but if you almost exclusively fly with SAS, it's quite a useful one to have.
I don't think (1) is correct, the currency conversion fee ("Valutapåslag") is 1,5 %. See http://www.sas.no/upload/SAS%20Norwa...%20okt2012.pdf and http://www.sas.no/upload/SAS%20Norwa...MasterCard.pdf
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:33 am
Original Poster

thanks for all your comments. the annual fee really puts me off for now, i should make Gold this year, so perhaps next year. I already have a BA card which gives me no foreign transaction fee and it quickly racks up BA miles which I end up using on Air Berlin when needed...
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, BA Bronze, Thon Gold, Nordic Choice Silver
Originally Posted by KRS
I don't think (1) is correct, the currency conversion fee ("Valutapåslag") is 1,5 %. See http://www.sas.no/upload/SAS%20Norwa...%20okt2012.pdf and http://www.sas.no/upload/SAS%20Norwa...MasterCard.pdf
Interesting. I called them and asked them and their response was that there was no charge. I'll contact them again and see what the deal is. From the links, I can see that there definitely should be... Perhaps I got it when there was some special offer on? I've not noticed it charging me, but then I suppose 1.5% extra could just be mistaken for a bad conversion rate...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New partnership between SAS and Nykredit

I saw on SAS's Danish page saying that Nykredit blue master card holders can earn EB points.

The ratio is same as the existing EB card, however the annual fee is DKK 150 vs DKK 295.

We are definitely going to change since it's nice to save DKK 150 and possibly better exchange rate when used abroad.

More info:

http://www.nykredit.dk/privat/info/b...usfakta_081013

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.