Wiki Posts
Search

100% earnings are soon back

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: SK*G Diamond, AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by pswe
The OV homepage has been updated compared to a few weeks ago,
As most tickets with OV already before gave full economy earnings the change is not an improvement, at least not on CPH and ARN flights to Tallinn, earning is down from 600 to 500. However Riga and Vilnius earnings from Tallinn are increased so maybe evens out.

I will have four OV flights next week, so will keep you updated,
Had already a couple of flights in May ARN-TLL in T and earned 195 points (150+25% for EBG). Still don't know what is better, because it's quite easy to get 100% earning with OV and then you'll get 750
Old May 23, 2012, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by cheros
Had already a couple of flights in May ARN-TLL in T and earned 195 points (150+25% for EBG). Still don't know what is better, because it's quite easy to get 100% earning with OV and then you'll get 750
Weird, because on the Estonian site return earnings

Code:
Flights to/from Tallinn 	          Eco 	Flex Eco Business
Tartu 	                                1 000 	1 500 	-

Helsinki, Joensuu, Jyväskylä, 
Kajaani, Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm,
Riga, Trondheim, Vilnius 	        1 000 	1 500 	2 000
According to this, minimum oneway should be 500 - not bad for 85 km HEL-TLL
Old May 24, 2012, 6:39 am

OV earnings - confusing

Flew RIX-TLL-HEL and return a few days ago. Inbound segments have posted: HEL-TLL 600 pts (L class), TLL-RIX 300 pts (L class). Do not see any logic in this, besides the website seems to suggest 500 pts per segment.

Really curious to see my earnings for the outbound segments
Old May 24, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by cvarming
The Aegean Miles&Bonus description of earnings has not changed. Has anyone tried crediting a cheap economy flight to them after the new earning scheme? I would be very interested in knowing the result.
I did not try and I would not recommend to do so. I assume that crediting SAS-operated flights to Aegan still earns nothing in the low economy classes until they update their chart. I am wondering if it is worth sending an email to SAS to inquire about this, I'd be ready to fly SAS much more often if I'd get the full miles on all tickets again (independent on where I credit to), but I guess it will just be a waste of time.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zeehe
I did not try and I would not recommend to do so. I assume that crediting SAS-operated flights to Aegan still earns nothing in the low economy classes until they update their chart. I am wondering if it is worth sending an email to SAS to inquire about this, I'd be ready to fly SAS much more often if I'd get the full miles on all tickets again (independent on where I credit to), but I guess it will just be a waste of time.
I guess you should contact TK - they are the ones that decide about their own FFP...
Old May 25, 2012, 7:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I guess you should contact TK - they are the ones that decide about their own FFP...
Better yet, contact A3, as it is their program (Miles&Bonus)

Over at the A3 thread there is quite some talk about fare classes, and even for A3 the general rule is that if the fare class is not listed, it does not earn. Regardless if it earns a gaziljon miles on all other programs...
Old May 25, 2012, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by intuition
Better yet, contact A3, as it is their program (Miles&Bonus)

Over at the A3 thread there is quite some talk about fare classes, and even for A3 the general rule is that if the fare class is not listed, it does not earn. Regardless if it earns a gaziljon miles on all other programs...
Doh, Miles & whatever

But the messages is the same - why should and could SK care how another airline's FFP issues mileage??
Old May 25, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by Zhuu
Flew RIX-TLL-HEL and return a few days ago. Inbound segments have posted: HEL-TLL 600 pts (L class), TLL-RIX 300 pts (L class). Do not see any logic in this, besides the website seems to suggest 500 pts per segment.

Really curious to see my earnings for the outbound segments
I´m interested to hear how it turns out for you.

I´ve booked CPH-TLL-RIX on Estonian for a return trip in August, and according to the new points earnings table I should make 4000 points. Not bad at all , considering the ticket cost me only 102€ .

Edited to add :

I just realized that the earnings table lists return earnings !!!So total earning from this trip will be 2000 points . (would have known if I had read this thread more carefully !)

Last edited by cph_flyer; May 25, 2012 at 9:32 am
Old May 25, 2012, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My SAS international flights which, according to UA's charts, should now earn miles (on fare codes that would not have credited last month according to the charts then applicable) are not showing up in my UA account.

Something is broken and it may have to do with whether or not SK is pushing the right data over or not.
Old May 28, 2012, 3:49 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Doh, Miles & whatever

But the messages is the same - why should and could SK care how another airline's FFP issues mileage??
A3 credits exactly what the operating airline grants them. That is why all request for crediting are run past the operating airline who decides if and how many miles are credited. That means whenever an airline changes e.g. miles eligible classes A3 will implement the new policy, which the user sees as an updated earning chart on the A3 webpage. Hence I understand it is up to the operating carrier to tell A3 how much (miles, money) they get for flights in each class.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zeehe
A3 credits exactly what the operating airline grants them. That is why all request for crediting are run past the operating airline who decides if and how many miles are credited. That means whenever an airline changes e.g. miles eligible classes A3 will implement the new policy, which the user sees as an updated earning chart on the A3 webpage. Hence I understand it is up to the operating carrier to tell A3 how much (miles, money) they get for flights in each class.
Are you quite sure about it? I'd say it's the FFP airline that decides how much they credit on each airlin/booking class. This assumption is supported by the fact that booking class "whatever" on airline A might give you totally different mileages in different FFPs.

The operating airlines would of course confirm, that the flight was actually flown in the given booking class and not credited to any other FFP. (though not always - I'll sorely miss BD DC double crediting longhaul LH/OS flights with M&M )

This is all assumption from my part, without any actual inside information.
Old May 29, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by ranskis
I flew OV last Monday, CPH TLL, booked as SK L class flight, posted as 600 EB points and OV L class (+25% EBG = 750 points). OV L class has always earned 100%, so it seems I earned according to the old rates.
It looks like I got a 25% earning on this flight myself:

21 May 2012 Tallinn - CopenhagenOV 0141 T Economy Discounted**
Basic Points 195 195
10 May 2012 Copenhagen - TallinnOV 0142 K Economy Class**
Basic Points 750 750

This was part of an itinerary starting from IAD on SK. Did they make an error in giving me only 195 points for the May 21 flight?
Old May 29, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
My SAS international flights which, according to UA's charts, should now earn miles (on fare codes that would not have credited last month according to the charts then applicable) are not showing up in my UA account.

Something is broken and it may have to do with whether or not SK is pushing the right data over or not.
UA is a mess, but SK might not yet process the new FF numbers. South African is not crediting to UA currently. Sabena and ANA are working properly. UA is not even processing some of their own flights properly, for example if you upgrade C to F it credits like economy.

You should at least have gotten 25% on SK. There aren't any flights that give zero. My favorite from ca. year 2000 is when I got 17 miles credited to my UA account for taking the SAS hydrofoil from CPH to Malmo. Still the only time I have recvd FF points for a boat ride.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by gnaget
UA is a mess, but SK might not yet process the new FF numbers. South African is not crediting to UA currently. Sabena and ANA are working properly. UA is not even processing some of their own flights properly, for example if you upgrade C to F it credits like economy.
At least the other direction seems to be working properly. I flew domestic UA last week in W (which I believe used to earn 25%) and it credited 100% to my EB account this week.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by jfidler
It looks like I got a 25% earning on this flight myself:

21 May 2012 Tallinn - CopenhagenOV 0141 T Economy Discounted**
Basic Points 195 195
10 May 2012 Copenhagen - TallinnOV 0142 K Economy Class**
Basic Points 750 750

This was part of an itinerary starting from IAD on SK. Did they make an error in giving me only 195 points for the May 21 flight?
It is the old earning scheme, based on 600 points per flight before bonus/malus. I think they have updated it a few days ago only for OV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.