FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   100% earnings are soon back (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1313380-100-earnings-soon-back.html)

Discus Feb 12, 2012 3:04 pm

100% earnings are soon back

So from May 4, you will always enjoy 100% point earnings on Economy flights with SAS, Blue1 and Widerøe.
http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/o...ents/?vst=true

From May 4, you will be able to reach Gold status when you have earned 50 000 Basic points or when you have taken 50 one-way trips (regardless of booking class) within your personal qualification period. This is better for most of our members and it harmonizes the point requirements for Gold status between countries.
Note: Earnings are also adjusted, some down, some up. See chart: http://j9660.cloudapp.net/images/image1.jpg

pswe Feb 12, 2012 3:57 pm

YES!! The 100% earning is finally back!! Great news!^^^

The Gold qualifying requirement could be argued to devalue the gold value for us already making it today, but I appreciate the country harmonization.

Hannibal Lecter Feb 12, 2012 4:25 pm

They're making it more difficult to become gold without announcing
any additional benefits.

And no new official level for EBP.

CPH-Flyer Feb 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 18002197)
any additional benefits.

That depends heavily on your flying patern. If you flew within Scandinavia on what was 100% => 200% earning then yes. Or if you relied purely on the 40 legs, also yes. But otherwise I would say it is getting easier, and in most cases easier.

I don't know, I kind of like the fact that Pandion is a bit of a mystery.

GUWonder Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm

It will be interesting to see if 100% mileage earning for SK flights once again becomes the standard for most fares credited to SK's Star Alliance partner programs. If not, then I'll probably end up crediting a lot more flights to SK's program and may even end up with an SK*G status amongst my other *G accounts.

I anticipate some SK lounges are going to end up far more packed more often than is already the case.

kauppias Feb 12, 2012 11:35 pm

I for one will start flying to BKK with SK more often now :)

herro Feb 12, 2012 11:52 pm

This is very good news for the EB members :-)

Regards to more difficult I would say no in general. If you are doing a lot of cheap economy which today are 25% and you have to do 40 segments. Then there is a lot of points from 205-400 per segment to the new minimum 1000 points per segment. So if you are doing 40 segments of intra EU this is alone 40.000 point. Then with a current 25% EBG bonus your are set for the 50.000 point limit.

Correct if it is only Scandinavia the change form 150 -> 500 points will not help in 40 segments.

/HerrO

herro Feb 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 18002197)
any additional benefits.

Maybe EBP are coming in the news next time:

We’ll have more to tell you at the end of March

These changes apply initially to the SAS Group, i.e. SAS, Blue 1 and Widerøe. At the end of March, we will have more news about changes to the EuroBonus program as well as how these changes will affect you as a member.

/HerrO

another_shot Feb 13, 2012 12:37 am

So what has changed for customers bringing money to SK?
100% on eco? Why should I care, this is less than 5% of my trips.
50 segments or 50000 points for EBG? Why should I care if I'm crediting 200k per annum to SK and still gold with others?

Let me see what has changed...
Probably, now the lounges will be more crowded. Congratulations, SAS!

SK2751 Feb 13, 2012 12:46 am

I wonder whether this will have any effect on earnings on other *A FFPs. I would not mind at all earning an MM SEN flying SK. SK would not loose money on this, as I have to use them anyway, and I would have a better programme (and perhaps safer miles ...).

Holloman Feb 13, 2012 12:51 am

Bye bye EBG

I suspect with my pattern of only Scandinavian (and Helsinki) flights I can kiss my EBG goodbye. The good thing is that my qualification period ends 1 April and the new rules comes into effect on 4 May. At least I'll get one more year of EBG.

oliver2002 Feb 13, 2012 12:58 am

Very good news, certainly a move that will create loyalty away from LCCs. ^

Lets hope they have something up their sleeve for EBG bennies, right now there is nothing to be gained from being gold on EB that would rock my world.

WilcoRoger Feb 13, 2012 1:00 am

I think this is a great improvement - I really hate the "what booking class will earn how much?" game.

True, EBG will go up from 45k to 50k - not a big deal, especially with the new earning rates. OTOH I can stop being a "eurocheat" and use my actual residence address instead of my parents' ;)

Only negative thing is the reduced earning on C ex-FI to Europe. But as my intra Europe travel is mostly in Y, only intercontinental feeders in C, it doesn't hurt so much

koshka Feb 13, 2012 1:41 am

I can see why EBGs might be upset but as a regular economy flyer between London and Stockholm this move might convince me to increase my flights with SAS again. I've flown pretty much exclusively with BA for over 18 months now because of the following:
  • Free drinks
  • Free sandwich that's been good enough for me not to grab something in the airport
  • 100% miles on lowest priced tickets - should hit Bronze in the current earning year
  • Cheaper starting ticket prices

I guess the main issue now could be redemption rates. Given that I use the miles for the same route, BA want 15000 and SAS want 30000. On the other hand SAS do seem to offer good redemption deals now and again e.g. the 50% off intra-Scandinavian deal from the last two summers.

Amexpat Feb 13, 2012 1:45 am

Any guesses as to whether there will be any changes to EB Bonus points received when flying discount economy with other *A carriers?