Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SASs intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by jth
yes, you can use amex on their american website, but the prices quoted in USD are considerably worse compared to those quoted in EUR (where it's only Visa/MC payment).
I use Amex by paying Optiontown with Paypal.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:26 pm

UTO not Avaialable

I am mid OCT going CPH-IAD and EWR-CPH. When I looked at optiontown sunday it was possible to upgrade. At that time I also checked booking and seating and saw that there were 90% free both at business and econ premium. Today I checked again optiontown to order, but now UTO is not available and I checked again Expertflyer and still same numer of free seats ??
What is going on ??? Has SAS left optiontown ?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
I can replicate your problem. Was also able to UTO the other day but today it seems to be malfunctioning.
Fairly certain SAS did not leave UTO because I received an email from SAS just a days ago promoting the relationship with UTO.

Probably just a temp technical issue with UTO.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:17 pm

Seems that Optiontown did have technical problems they are up running again !
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:21 am
fcl

Programs: EBS
I am travelling CPH-EWR-CPH in early december and signed up for M->Y for 145 each way a few weeks ago. I have since then checked the price for Y->C and this has been about 175 additionally each way.

Two days ago I logged on and was offered Y->C for an additional 0 each way which I of course signed up for. So I think they have been having some problem with their system.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by fcl
Two days ago I logged on and was offered Y->C for an additional 0 each way which I of course signed up for.
Doesnt get much better than that
Old Sep 11, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, EBG, USAir Silver
Upgrade CPH - IAD

Was able to upgrade from Economy Extra to Business for 155 EUR per person for me and a friend. Travelling tomorrow.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:38 am

Q: Has anyone had luck in using Optiontown for award flights?

I would suspect no. Have tried a couple of times my self but no dice. But hey, you never know, so any luck anyone?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Is SAS offering OT upgrades to Dubai and does anyone have any idea about rates and success?

Thinking about Dubai in February for a proper FT trip, i.e. free Radisson nights (from the 1 night for 2 stays promo) and to enjoy the final days of my SPG Plat status and spending the points. Flights I would take mostly with the DB vouchers SAS gave me recently. So a week for two in Dubai including flights for 450 total! But it would be nice to upgrade to Y+ and score 150% points
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:21 am

I read in a newspaper here in Finland that Blue1 is about to start offering VDB a few days ahead if a flight looks very oversold. They said that OT would contact people booked on oversold flights and offer alternative flights and some money (they mentioned tens of €). Not enough money for me, but I guess it would save SAS as theyre very likely to find volunteers a few days ahead quite easily.

Source, in Finnish only: http://www.digipaper.fi/extra/51428/index.php?pgnumb=8

Last edited by Helsinki Flyer; Sep 24, 2010 at 1:25 am Reason: added link
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, KF Silver, BA Blue
Nrt<>cph (984/983)

Just checked Optiontown for SK984/983 in October.
They did not offer for the outbound, Checked with Expertflyer and status is:

Oct 17th - NRT > CPH
A0 C0 D0 J0 Z0 Y0 S0 B0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 G0

Oct 22nd - CPH >NRT
A0 C9 D9 J9 Z0 Y0 S0 B0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 G0

Optiontown are offering C for 215GBP.

Will probably go for the C upgrade inbound, but not sure what will happen to the outbound with all classes full....
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond SAS EBG (Star Alliance Gold), CO (OnePass) Gold
Less than 24 hours to fly...

Can I still use optiontown with less than 24 hours to go?

Cheers,
Christian
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Christobal
Can I still use optiontown with less than 24 hours to go?
Why don't you just try it and see?

cheers,

Henry
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond SAS EBG (Star Alliance Gold), CO (OnePass) Gold
Originally Posted by henry999
Why don't you just try it and see?

cheers,

Henry
They have... but not on the outbound leg i guess it was too late - darn
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:47 pm

I just recived the upgrade notification to Economy Extra on saturdays flight ARN-EWR. Paid around 140 EUR/person for the upgrade. Yippie!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.