Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by ILS2
I was not aware of the fact that OT + points upgrade = points for original booking class. That just doesn't make any sense.
And previous reports does not report this. Several have reported getting OT to Y+ and then normal points upgrade from Y+ to C. So you should really complain here as the OT actually have gotten you into new B-class ticket.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
zero on blue1 lately

Before nearly ALL blue 1 flights in Finland had UTOs available, now the last 6 flights have showed only UTO not available, I wonder what's hapened there or are they not using them anymore with domestic trips? odd as there are really not much downside for blue 1 as the premium product in finland is pretty useless other then points
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Availability thread a good idea

Originally Posted by Koc
When availability says A/0 C/3 D/3 J/3 Z/0, is it 3 or 9 (3+3+3) seats open in total?

Maybe we should get ourself a dedicated availability thread..
Where do you guys find the availability for SK?
It's not using the ANA site right because I have been digging there a lot.

I'm flying ORD - ARN (SK946) on 17/11/2011 and sas.se shows one available in Eco Extra Full Flexible and 6 in biz, I have Eco Extra Full Flexible ticket.
Judging by previous comments, I'm I right to assume this is a positive indication for me = higher chance of UTo?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Before nearly ALL blue 1 flights in Finland had UTOs available, now the last 6 flights have showed only UTO not available, I wonder what's hapened there or are they not using them anymore with domestic trips? odd as there are really not much downside for blue 1 as the premium product in finland is pretty useless other then points
Probably they have not just loaded the flights to UTO, contact via email and they should be available.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:39 pm

Deciding if i should get UTO:

4 intra skandinavian RT's 125miles/leg = 500miles

or

4 intra skandinavian RT's 750miles/leg = 3000miles

Price: 176EUR for 2500miles.. Basically i would be paying for the miles only. Quite stupid that you have to pay the "Sign up" over and over again even if you have done the UTO few times before.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:03 am

Joorinainen, which legs only give 500 points at 100% earning?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I guess this is about LH, 4 legs, cheap, 4*125 miles, or 4 legs, more expensive, and 4*750 miles. I would never pay that much for the miles. However, check the price for business, LH has now quite affordable Z fares within Europe that are fully flexible and authorize one stopover in each direction. Routings can be pretty generous to combine with BD SN OS LX etc. so the stopover could be in several cool cities, depends on where you need or want to be. Swiss business upgrade costs 65 EUR per flight (130 per direction) but earns business miles and business service... can be worthwhile, but not 176 EUR for 2500 LH M&M miles.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I have been in contact with both KF and Optiontown about an upcoming flight.

It's a HEL-BRU(-LIS-BRU)-HEL flight where HEL-BRU-HEL is operated by KF. However, it's booked on SN flight numbers, issuing airline is also SN. Blue1 claims that I shoudl be able to upgrade it as it is operated by KF, Optiontown just says that they don't have co-operation with SN. Optiontown webpage doesn't find the whole booking.

Does anyone have experience of similar situations? Should I be able to upgrade this flight or not?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Captainfire
Joorinainen, which legs only give 500 points at 100% earning?
Flights with KF eco 25% accrual credited to another *A FFP. So the question was that should i do the UTO or not, sorry being a bit vague.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Heading to ZRH tomorrow and I was upgraded through Optiontown on KF639 HEL-CPH, for a total cost of EUR 52:-. Now that flight is cancelled and I have been rerouted through MUC on LH and LX.

I spoke with KF and the reroute is done in economy. Does anybody know if I will automatically be credited the EUR 52:- or if I need to contact Optiontown? KF internet support did not have a clue... And what about the mileage/segments? I would have wanted the two SK/KF-segments as I need them for my hunt for EBG.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:44 am
Koc

Originally Posted by jumbooze
Where do you guys find the availability for SK?
It's not using the ANA site right because I have been digging there a lot.

I'm flying ORD - ARN (SK946) on 17/11/2011 and sas.se shows one available in Eco Extra Full Flexible and 6 in biz, I have Eco Extra Full Flexible ticket.
Judging by previous comments, I'm I right to assume this is a positive indication for me = higher chance of UTo?

Both Flightstats and Expertflyer are good tools for checking availability. But as far as I know they are not 100% reliable, but gives a fare indication. For the latter you need to sign up for a payed subscription.

If C don´t sell out, your chances should be ^
Old Oct 28, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by vulle
Does anybody know if I will automatically be credited the EUR 52:- or if I need to contact Optiontown?
I would be a bit proactive and contact Optiontown in any case. https://www.optiontown.com/FillUpMtpContactUs.do

Originally Posted by vulle
And what about the mileage/segments? I would have wanted the two SK/KF-segments as I need them for my hunt for EBG.
Very interesting question for two reasons. First, is the text on http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/A...ints/Airlines/ about points for rebooked flight valid also for KF, and second, is the same true also for segments? When you find out, please let us know.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by tourist
I would be a bit proactive and contact Optiontown in any case. https://www.optiontown.com/FillUpMtpContactUs.do

Very interesting question for two reasons. First, is the text on http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/A...ints/Airlines/ about points for rebooked flight valid also for KF, and second, is the same true also for segments? When you find out, please let us know.
tourist, thank you for your reply. I have now contacted Optiontown regarding the refund, and EuroBonus Helsinki regarding the points/segments, and also regarding their PointBooster-campaign where I had counted on getting these flights. Will inform on their replies.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
To answer my own question, you can't upgrade KF flights booked with SN codes. I would assume the same goes for other code-shares (such as LX to ZRH). KF came back to me and said that from their point of view it's no problem, but Optiontown can't handle SN bookings, and therefore you can't upgrade.

Well, at least I get two KF segments...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:53 am

Money back in time

I bought UtO upgrade for 2 persons, which I have done many time before with Optiontown IAD-CPH on OCT 18 2011. The morning before I was informnet by OPTIONTOWN that upgrade would not take place ?
Comming to IAD (connection from LAS) we learned that SAS IAD-CPH was canncled and never left CPH. In this circumstances we understand why no upgrade took place !
Money were back on me account same week (3 business days).

BTW SAS arranged catch up flights IAD-FRA-CPA-AAL and we only lost 3:10 Hours - very good !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.