Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:58 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by ILS2
My experience is that more and more parents with kids decide to book Business Class (or use points for upgrade) in order to reduce the stress of travel. I highly doubt that SAS will upgrade families with children just because they have kids with them. Either one (or both) parent(s) must have status, or they have used points at the gate.
Travelling on SK925 CPH-IAD yesterday on A340 the rear C cabin was full of families with young children. We were in Y hoping for an op-up to C, especially considering we were confirmed but had no seat assignments in Y upon arrival in CPH, flight was fully booked, and both wife and I are EBG. When at the gate waiting for our seating assignment I noticed that they were collecting points for upgrades, and also discussed with my neighbor that they were offered to upgrade to C using points 40 minutes or so before the flight. I think its good that SK is holding out for points from a business perspective, but would have really enjoyed an op-up yesterday. It was a loooooooong day.

On another note, Wife and I did receive a surprise op-up from M to Y on the KRS-CPH leg on CRJ900. We were especially surprised considering all they had to do was move the little sign to the row in front of us and we would have been in M again... Hopefully we'll be so lucky on our ORD-CPH leg, if not, points will be used.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:41 am

Programs: SK EBG,Delta Medallion/FB Gold, Choice Gold,M&M SEN,Hertz No.1 Gold,Club Carlson Elite Gold,
Was just denied upgrade through Optiontown on today's SK945 ARN-ORD. Although absolutely no problem upgrading with points at check in.. Economy cabin had about 10 available seats last night, economy extra was half full and about 12 seats available in C.

I guess the upgrade failed because the load of the economy cabin was too light, but still... Annoying!

Anyway, seated in 4G right now, so all is well! ^
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I got the confirmation for OT upgrade M to Y for the return from Dubai to Copenhagen. This time I'm not so happy, as me and my gf are not seated next to each other anymore! Checked on lh.com, and only one seat available in Y. Haven't checked flightstats the past days, but earlier the flight seemed really full. I wonder if they will start moving us around so that we could sit next to eachother?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:09 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by niksal
I got the confirmation for OT upgrade M to Y for the return from Dubai to Copenhagen. This time I'm not so happy, as me and my gf are not seated next to each other anymore! Checked on lh.com, and only one seat available in Y. Haven't checked flightstats the past days, but earlier the flight seemed really full. I wonder if they will start moving us around so that we could sit next to eachother?
Same thing happened to us on Saturday. Y was full as it was, then a last minute change of a/c from a330 to a 340 also got rid of a full row of Y. Upon check in we were told to "go to gate" for seat assignment. Thinking we had an op-up in the bag, we spoke to the GA at CPH and they managed to seat us all next to each other (seats B, D, and E) in Y about 40 minutes before departure.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, SPG Platinum, BMI Gold, Hyatt Gold,
Ok, second attempt with Optiontown.
Booked Oslo - Stockholm - Chicago - New Orleans, with UTo from Stockholm to Chicago from E+ to Business.

Return flight from Washington to Copenhagen with UTo from economy to E+ and Business. Economy is almost full, so looking good :-)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:59 am

It in fact turned out to be better than expected! 17A and 17E had turned in check-in to 7D and 7E My first SK C experience on an IC flight. I already thought the money was well spent on the M to Y upgrade on the outbound, and I can now fully understand why someone would upgrade to C, especially on the longer flights.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 6:45 am
Koc

First time with Optiontown :

OSL-EWR-OSL in the end of march. Applied in November for a low-eco (T and L) to C upgrade, 319€ per pax (we are two), each leg. I did not opt for Y, but if I do, will C still remain as my first choice or is it more likely to end up in Y instead of C?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Koc
First time with Optiontown :

OSL-EWR-OSL in the end of march. Applied in November for a low-eco (T and L) to C upgrade, 319€ per pax (we are two), each leg. I did not opt for Y, but if I do, will C still remain as my first choice or is it more likely to end up in Y instead of C?
I asked about that earlier in this thread, and the consensus was that the C upgrade will generally have priority over the Y upgrade, if available.

Susan
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:46 am

I have a HEL-BRU flight with KF coming up in a few weeks, that I booked today. Wanted to check how much an OT upgrade would cost, but it just says "UTo not available" on both the out- and inbound flights.

Too early after booking or are not all flights upgradable? Should be plenty of space as I got K and L booking classes.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, SPG Platinum, BMI Gold, Hyatt Gold,
Originally Posted by niksal
I have a HEL-BRU flight with KF coming up in a few weeks, that I booked today. Wanted to check how much an OT upgrade would cost, but it just says "UTo not available" on both the out- and inbound flights.

Too early after booking or are not all flights upgradable? Should be plenty of space as I got K and L booking classes.
I thought Optiontown was only for lang-haul flights?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
Originally Posted by thorhansen
I thought Optiontown was only for lang-haul flights?
For SAS it is. Other airlines have it short-haul also.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by thorhansen
I thought Optiontown was only for lang-haul flights
Depends which airline you will fly with. For example I recently had OT upgrade for BT HEL-RIX, some 45 minutes flight. Mostly because I needed to bring (reliably!) two hand luggage bags with me not risking them being taken off from me. It worked OK.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:48 am

I would want to know also if there's "timelimit" also on these upgrades? I booked 4 segments in May with Blue1 and every flight says that "UTo not available". Booking class was V which is Youth ticket.

Last edited by joorinainen; Mar 14, 2011 at 10:11 am
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:11 am

Yet another round trip UTo ordered today for Oslo - New York and Washington - Copenhagen.

Next trip with Optiontown UTo is on Saturday, but still no email from the. I have a Y+ ticket, with UTo to C.

/Thor

Last edited by thorhansen; Mar 9, 2011 at 10:04 am
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:03 pm

Hi,

when do I get the answer for my uprade? I am flying on Friday to Beijing and have no answer yet.

regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.