Old May 3, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cptlflyer
Short term parking:
ParkSFO
Pros:
  • Fast and regular shuttles
  • Register for emails to receive monthly coupons
  • Coupons for 1 free with 3+ days, 2 free with 5+ days, 3 free with 7+ days, and 4 free with 9+ days parked in a single stay.
  • Coupons are blacked out during Thanksgiving, Xmas, and other peak periods
  • www.parksfo.com/coupons/
  • June 2013 Coupon
Cons:
  • Often full or forced to valet at higher rate
  • Somewhat expensive now
  • Reservations required or risk likely being turned away at entry

QuikPark
Pros:
  • Online reservations
  • Relatively cheap
Cons:
  • must prebook online for best rate and bring printout to give to attendant
  • Slow shuttles
  • Even with a reservation, sometimes fill up and hard to find a spot
    (note: if you book on-line and the lot is full, they will find you a space-you will be stopped at the gate but all you have to do is show them your pre-paid receipt)

Burlingame Airport Parking (ParkBAP)
Pros:
  • Consistently one of the cheapest, especially for weekly rates.
  • Generally do not have to prebook to get the best rate.
Cons:
  • 3 shuttles an hour only, and a bit slower than average due to distance. Try to arrive at or before :00, :20, or :40 to allow a few minutes wait.
  • September 2013: For pickups late, I feel the turnaround times are more consistent with 2x per hour for the shuttle. No posted change, however.

Anza
Pros:
  • With Burlingame Airport Parking, the only parking South of airport (Other than BART)
  • Shuttle frequency is good
  • Valet is free (no extra charge) when they are near capacity
  • Frequent parker program: Each 30 paid days yields a 5-consecutive-day park for free. Check in on facebook and receive credit for 1/2 paid day as well. (Note: This program has changed. It is now tied into the Fivestars card rather than a paper punch card.)
Cons:
  • When partially full, they require you use their free valet service, and this requirement varies from hour to hour. Be sure to have nothing valuable in your car!
  • Need a printed coupon from their website to get the best rate

BART
Pros:
  • Free over the weekend (except the cost of using BART to the airport) and holidays if you're only there for the free days (paid if you're there on weekdays and then stay over a weekend)
  • Online reservations for weekday parking
  • BART schedule is known well in advance
  • Pretty much guaranteed a parking spot
Cons:
  • Hard to use if you're trying to park or pick up when BART is closed for the night
  • Possibility of getting a ticket if you overstay your reservation
  • Can wait up to 20 minutes for BART in off-peak hours, or have to go to San Bruno and back to Millbrae during peak hours (or take a taxi for about $12)

SFO Long Term Parking and Lot D
** The shuttle buses look exactly the same! One says 'Lot D', the other says 'Long Term Parking' (likely no longer a concern? see below re: AirTrain)

SFO Long Term Parking
Pros:
  • Regular shuttles (not the fastest, not the slowest)
  • AirTrain blue line now goes to Long Term Parking (no more bus shuttles) but makes quite a number of stops before reaching the domestic terminals
  • Sometimes if the normal area and lot d fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
  • Covered Parking in the garage - it gets full at peak times

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • However, current promo is $12/day for 3 days prepaid online (and the rate decreases for additional days)

SFO Long Term Parking Lot D
Pros:
  • Sometimes if the Long Term Parking area and Lot D fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
Cons:
  • Expensive

Tips for Long Term Parking and Lot D
    • Park near Stop 5 in Long Term Parking and you are the first off the bus and out of the parking lot!
    • Although the signs will indicate that a floor is full, I am often able to find a spot on these floors.
    • Airtrain station is on level 5 of the garage

Month or longer parking:
    Someone who's done this please add experiences - I (rob_flies_ua) would just pay for a shuttle or car service at this point. unavaca recommends taking Uber in this case.

AirportParkingReservations.com coupon:
    $5 off: FBFRIENDS415
    EXPIRES 12/31/16 @ 11:59 PM PST Coupon Valid Online Only
Print Wikipost

SFO Parking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:34 pm

So I'm flying tonight and coming back Sunday night. I don't care so much for cost as convenience (as long as it's not absurd). What's the most convenient place to park for 48 hours?

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Weekends are easy for parking at Millbrae BART. 3:15 is a bit early but some people should have already left from the spots eligible for long term use, so I think you should have no problem. If you could get there a bit later -- like 6pm Friday -- you can have any one of hundreds of spaces.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:45 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fsexman
So I'm flying tonight and coming back Sunday night. I don't care so much for cost as convenience (as long as it's not absurd). What's the most convenient place to park for 48 hours?
I really like parkSFO for convenience. Easy in, easy out. It's where we park for shorter stays.

Cheers.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
They do seem to have the most frequent shuttles. I've had four different stays there over the last two weeks and on two of them the shuttles were pulling up as I exited the terminal. Perfect timing.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by brp
I really like parkSFO for convenience. Easy in, easy out. It's where we park for shorter stays.

Cheers.
I concur. I especially liked when a two day trip turned into a three day trip due to a VDB, but I managed to print out one of their 1 day free coupons (valid for 3 days or more - they've also got 2 days free valid for 4 days or more) and kept the cost of parking exactly the same for me.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
I concur. I especially liked when a two day trip turned into a three day trip due to a VDB, but I managed to print out one of their 1 day free coupons (valid for 3 days or more - they've also got 2 days free valid for 4 days or more) and kept the cost of parking exactly the same for me.

Yes and no. You can stack the AAA 10% discount with the 1-day free coupon, but they haven't been allowing it on the 2-day free coupons.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by fsexman
For a quick weekend trip I park in the International parking lot; it is $20 per day and saves me from having to take/wait for a shuttle; I just walk to wherever my flight is.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
QuikParkSFO Price increase

http://www.quikparksfo.com/

Now up to $11/day
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by goalie

Now up to $11/day
Goalie, do you always "reserve" at quikpark? If so, do you know what the typical "spread" is between the "online" price and the rack rate?

I tried Burlingame airport parking mid-december. $6 rate with reservation ended up as $6.30 per day (I think the Burlingame tax is 5% instead of 10%). It was also not at all clear that I had to make the online reservation ahead of time. It seemed unnecessary and not accounted for in anyway.

You certainly cannot beat the price, but it is a little trickier to get to than Quikpark or ParkSFO and certainly the shuttle response time after 1 am was poor, more than 30 min. There were a few canceled flights on my return, so that may have affected response time.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by fanger
Goalie, do you always "reserve" at quikpark? If so, do you know what the typical "spread" is between the "online" price and the rack rate?

I tried Burlingame airport parking mid-december. $6 rate with reservation ended up as $6.30 per day (I think the Burlingame tax is 5% instead of 10%). It was also not at all clear that I had to make the online reservation ahead of time. It seemed unnecessary and not accounted for in anyway.

You certainly cannot beat the price, but it is a little trickier to get to than Quikpark or ParkSFO and certainly the shuttle response time after 1 am was poor, more than 30 min. There were a few canceled flights on my return, so that may have affected response time.
AT QuikParkSFO, if you don't "order on-line" and bring your confirmation, you are charged whatever the going rate and forgive me but I'm old and can't remember what it is but it is more than the on0line rate. However, it looks like after I use up my 2 free days at QuikPark, I'm switching as the rates are lower at BG
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by fanger
I've never prebooked there, but have seen many board the shuttle that have. They always ask about a card for a discount from the driver which I gather the booking site instructs you to ask for. You insert that in the ticket reader when you exit, along with your parking ticket. I've got those unsolicited in the past. Once it gave me 6 days for free (I went to the counter and paid for 5 days, as I was told the card from the driver was good for one free day), and just last week on a 3 day stay before Christmas the card gave me a 5% discount ($28.50 instead of $30 for 3 days, plus tax---rates jump up this week to $10 a day).

If you're getting $6 parking I might have to prebook. My recent stays outside of last week have been at $8 a day.

Their shuttles do run every 20 mins, but think that stops at midnight or 1.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by goalie

Now up to $11/day
Dropped back down to $8.80 for 1/29/11 (my bad for not posting sooner) and now down to $7.70 for 2/9/11
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:49 pm

BAP has extended their $6 rate through the end of February now.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by tom911
BAP has extended their $6 rate through the end of February now.
extended to end of march now.
tax is only 5% for me, maybe it has to do with your address?
$6.30/day yay!
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:56 am

I think the tax rates on parking are set by the various cities around the airport and charged as a local tax. I know the tax is more at ParkSFO (thinking 7%), which is in South San Francisco, than it is at BAP which is in Burlingame.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:57 am

I just booked Quik Park SFO yesterday as it looks like both Quik Park SFO and Burlingame Airport Parking are both $8.00 per day/$8.80 all in for June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.