Old May 3, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cptlflyer
Short term parking:
ParkSFO
Pros:
  • Fast and regular shuttles
  • Register for emails to receive monthly coupons
  • Coupons for 1 free with 3+ days, 2 free with 5+ days, 3 free with 7+ days, and 4 free with 9+ days parked in a single stay.
  • Coupons are blacked out during Thanksgiving, Xmas, and other peak periods
  • www.parksfo.com/coupons/
  • June 2013 Coupon
Cons:
  • Often full or forced to valet at higher rate
  • Somewhat expensive now
  • Reservations required or risk likely being turned away at entry

QuikPark
Pros:
  • Online reservations
  • Relatively cheap
Cons:
  • must prebook online for best rate and bring printout to give to attendant
  • Slow shuttles
  • Even with a reservation, sometimes fill up and hard to find a spot
    (note: if you book on-line and the lot is full, they will find you a space-you will be stopped at the gate but all you have to do is show them your pre-paid receipt)

Burlingame Airport Parking (ParkBAP)
Pros:
  • Consistently one of the cheapest, especially for weekly rates.
  • Generally do not have to prebook to get the best rate.
Cons:
  • 3 shuttles an hour only, and a bit slower than average due to distance. Try to arrive at or before :00, :20, or :40 to allow a few minutes wait.
  • September 2013: For pickups late, I feel the turnaround times are more consistent with 2x per hour for the shuttle. No posted change, however.

Anza
Pros:
  • With Burlingame Airport Parking, the only parking South of airport (Other than BART)
  • Shuttle frequency is good
  • Valet is free (no extra charge) when they are near capacity
  • Frequent parker program: Each 30 paid days yields a 5-consecutive-day park for free. Check in on facebook and receive credit for 1/2 paid day as well. (Note: This program has changed. It is now tied into the Fivestars card rather than a paper punch card.)
Cons:
  • When partially full, they require you use their free valet service, and this requirement varies from hour to hour. Be sure to have nothing valuable in your car!
  • Need a printed coupon from their website to get the best rate

BART
Pros:
  • Free over the weekend (except the cost of using BART to the airport) and holidays if you're only there for the free days (paid if you're there on weekdays and then stay over a weekend)
  • Online reservations for weekday parking
  • BART schedule is known well in advance
  • Pretty much guaranteed a parking spot
Cons:
  • Hard to use if you're trying to park or pick up when BART is closed for the night
  • Possibility of getting a ticket if you overstay your reservation
  • Can wait up to 20 minutes for BART in off-peak hours, or have to go to San Bruno and back to Millbrae during peak hours (or take a taxi for about $12)

SFO Long Term Parking and Lot D
** The shuttle buses look exactly the same! One says 'Lot D', the other says 'Long Term Parking' (likely no longer a concern? see below re: AirTrain)

SFO Long Term Parking
Pros:
  • Regular shuttles (not the fastest, not the slowest)
  • AirTrain blue line now goes to Long Term Parking (no more bus shuttles) but makes quite a number of stops before reaching the domestic terminals
  • Sometimes if the normal area and lot d fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
  • Covered Parking in the garage - it gets full at peak times

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • However, current promo is $12/day for 3 days prepaid online (and the rate decreases for additional days)

SFO Long Term Parking Lot D
Pros:
  • Sometimes if the Long Term Parking area and Lot D fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
Cons:
  • Expensive

Tips for Long Term Parking and Lot D
    • Park near Stop 5 in Long Term Parking and you are the first off the bus and out of the parking lot!
    • Although the signs will indicate that a floor is full, I am often able to find a spot on these floors.
    • Airtrain station is on level 5 of the garage

Month or longer parking:
    Someone who's done this please add experiences - I (rob_flies_ua) would just pay for a shuttle or car service at this point. unavaca recommends taking Uber in this case.

AirportParkingReservations.com coupon:
    $5 off: FBFRIENDS415
    EXPIRES 12/31/16 @ 11:59 PM PST Coupon Valid Online Only
Print Wikipost

SFO Parking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: UA, VX, AA
Originally Posted by channa
It's not. I was replying to a poster who said just put a sign up on 101 and let people go straight to ST when they're full.

That would erode the ST revenue since people who were interested in parking and paying for ST would be charged the lower LT price. The ticket system they use now only provides the discount to those interested in parking LT.
I agree that it is not feasible to do this. It is only that on a few occasions, when I am trying to make a flight, the extra time to go through the process of getting the voucher and traveling to/from the ST lot has caused me to nearly miss a few flights. I know.. I should get there earlier but sometimes that cannot happen due to business.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:32 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Park SFO is determined to profit from the lot that closed. They have raised daily rates to $14.95 indoors and $12.95 outdoors. If outdoors is full -- in their opinion, not yours as you can't search -- they close off the entrance and you have to pay the indoor rate whether you like it or not.

They also force valet parking on people and fill up the indoor structure blocking other cars, so someone often has to clear cars away if you park indoors.

The coupons help but the economics has clearly shifted. This was a good deal while it lasted.

I notice that Anza has also raised their coupon fee to $11.50. At Anza, you may also be forced to valet park, but at least they don't charge extra for it.

Of course, at any of the places that valet park, they take no responsibility if you come back and something is missing from inside the car.

The economics of parking at SFO is shifting negatively for the consumer, alas.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Originally Posted by l'etoile
I've never had that. You might call them and find out how often it is and if there are certain days of the week it tends to happen. I parked on Friday, Sept. 30 and had the all-valet thing going. I see WineCountry posted they were completely soldout the following day.

On Wednesday, Oct. 12 at midnight, when I returned from a trip, they were fine - you could park anywhere - but WineCountry posted they were soldout the following morning by 8 am.

They were valeting on Sunday, Oct. 9 and Sunday, Oct. 2.
A few more data points:

Sunday, Nov. 6 at 8 am--valeting (at $13.95/day), at least 15-20 cars parked waiting to be moved.
Monday, Nov. 14 at ~6 pm: Self-park open. Signs up on booths for price increase beginning Nov. 21.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Looks like quikparkSFO just went up to $11.00 all in* per day

*$10.00 plus $1.00 tax
Old May 21, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SFO parking prices going up

Looks like the SFO parking is going up again...

http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/parking/payment/

Per 20-minute rates are unchanged, but the from 15 June the per-day maximums are :
Domestic - $33
International - $28
Long-term - $18
Old May 21, 2012, 8:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Anyone know what the current rate at Burlingame Airport Parking is? They're right across from ANZA.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by tom911
Anyone know what the current rate at Burlingame Airport Parking is? They're right across from ANZA.
Burlingame Airport Parking rates seem to vary, but my observation is that they usually charge $8/day for non-holiday periods. They bump this up to $10/day during holiday periods. (There are also weekly rates of around $50/week, but I rarely stay long enough to take advantage of these.)
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Exclamation

QuikparkSFO is now $13/day

$10 parking
$1 tax
$2 service fee (and this is even for booking on line)
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Originally Posted by goalie

$10 parking
$1 tax
Have you had issues with availability that lead you to need to book a reservation? That is, can you simply arrive at quikparksfo and park, thus avoiding the service fee (or, in the case of online booking, the lack of service fee)?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Hayden
Have you had issues with availability that lead you to need to book a reservation? That is, can you simply arrive at quikparksfo and park, thus avoiding the service fee (or, in the case of online booking, the lack of service fee)?
The service fee is there either booking on-line or just arriving and paying as I asked the person at the check-oput booth about it and he said it was done when the aloft hotel opened so I think it's their doing (and if a different person is at the booth this weekend, I'll ask again).

Now as to availability, in the 3 years I've been using them, I have seen it full-up with no space on occasion (maybe 10x) but that is either on a long w/e or with some convention in town and with that, I saw folks being turned away without reservations and where I'm parking for a mileage run, the last thing I want to do is find a last minute parking lot so I always book on-line (plus, they do have a frequent parker program which I have used in the past)
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Burlingame is 10 bucks per day. Weekly is $55. We need the parking tomorrow and it is FULL! www.AirportParkingReservations.com We have never encountered full before. However, CLparking is now permanently closed, as well as SMA and FasTrack. So, we are seriously squeezed here.

Anza at $13 across the street. Bummer. Travelodge at $60/wk plus taxes at www.GlobalAirportParking.com. Could have spent the night there with the parking for $109. However, it is so tacky that my son staying there would not even let us see the room!

Coming from the south, we are going to take Best Western Grosvenor on Airport Blvd, off the freeway sooner! Costs a few dollars more than Travelodge - $66.50 per week - but also a nicer area. Both of these hotels work with Global. Best Western says you can do a walk up for $70 or $10 per day but you chance its being full. If you go to Global first and sign up for emails, you get a $2 off coupon. Our Best Western will be $72 net at Global but we bought peace of mind for $2.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Karen2
Burlingame is 10 bucks per day. Weekly is $55. We need the parking tomorrow and it is FULL! www.AirportParkingReservations.com We have never encountered full before.
FWIW, Burlingame Airport Parking is my go-to parking lot for SFO, and I have never, ever, seen it full. I habitually try to make reservations for BAP only a few days before my stay, and I often find that they are not taking any more reservations. However, I just go there to park without a reservation, and I have always found a spot.

The only time I had trouble was once when the Hilton was hosting some graduation event, and it took me about 10 minutes of trolling the parking lot before I found a space. So even when they stop taking reservations, it seems that they are not truly full.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I did not have time to take a chance so booked with Grosvenor Best Western for a painful $73. As we drove by Hilton, the gate said nothing about being full BUT, that said, the parking lot was chock a block with cars. It was my own fault for waiting until the last minute.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I am departing soon on a trip that will require about 27 hours of parking. Unfortunately none of the daily lots cut you a break on extra hours, and the SFO Int lot is a bit pricey at $28/day + $6/hr. So I am going to give Quikpark a shot. My only major concern is the 15m shuttle wait - one nice thing about ParkSFO is that the shuttles are fast and dependable.

Originally Posted by goalie

$10 parking
$1 tax
It is $2 per rez so the per day fee is only $12/day for 2 days and closer to $11/day for a longer stay. That compares favorably with ParkSFO and is more convenient coming when coming up from 101 from the south.

Originally Posted by Hayden
If you do not make a prepaid reservation the rate rises to $15/day
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Boraxo
the SFO Int lot is a bit pricey at $28/day + $6/hr.
The airport long term lot is $18 a day and $2 for every 20 mins after that. It's my option of last choice at those prices.
http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/parki...erm/index.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.