Old May 3, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cptlflyer
Short term parking:
ParkSFO
Pros:
  • Fast and regular shuttles
  • Register for emails to receive monthly coupons
  • Coupons for 1 free with 3+ days, 2 free with 5+ days, 3 free with 7+ days, and 4 free with 9+ days parked in a single stay.
  • Coupons are blacked out during Thanksgiving, Xmas, and other peak periods
  • www.parksfo.com/coupons/
  • June 2013 Coupon
Cons:
  • Often full or forced to valet at higher rate
  • Somewhat expensive now
  • Reservations required or risk likely being turned away at entry

QuikPark
Pros:
  • Online reservations
  • Relatively cheap
Cons:
  • must prebook online for best rate and bring printout to give to attendant
  • Slow shuttles
  • Even with a reservation, sometimes fill up and hard to find a spot
    (note: if you book on-line and the lot is full, they will find you a space-you will be stopped at the gate but all you have to do is show them your pre-paid receipt)

Burlingame Airport Parking (ParkBAP)
Pros:
  • Consistently one of the cheapest, especially for weekly rates.
  • Generally do not have to prebook to get the best rate.
Cons:
  • 3 shuttles an hour only, and a bit slower than average due to distance. Try to arrive at or before :00, :20, or :40 to allow a few minutes wait.
  • September 2013: For pickups late, I feel the turnaround times are more consistent with 2x per hour for the shuttle. No posted change, however.

Anza
Pros:
  • With Burlingame Airport Parking, the only parking South of airport (Other than BART)
  • Shuttle frequency is good
  • Valet is free (no extra charge) when they are near capacity
  • Frequent parker program: Each 30 paid days yields a 5-consecutive-day park for free. Check in on facebook and receive credit for 1/2 paid day as well. (Note: This program has changed. It is now tied into the Fivestars card rather than a paper punch card.)
Cons:
  • When partially full, they require you use their free valet service, and this requirement varies from hour to hour. Be sure to have nothing valuable in your car!
  • Need a printed coupon from their website to get the best rate

BART
Pros:
  • Free over the weekend (except the cost of using BART to the airport) and holidays if you're only there for the free days (paid if you're there on weekdays and then stay over a weekend)
  • Online reservations for weekday parking
  • BART schedule is known well in advance
  • Pretty much guaranteed a parking spot
Cons:
  • Hard to use if you're trying to park or pick up when BART is closed for the night
  • Possibility of getting a ticket if you overstay your reservation
  • Can wait up to 20 minutes for BART in off-peak hours, or have to go to San Bruno and back to Millbrae during peak hours (or take a taxi for about $12)

SFO Long Term Parking and Lot D
** The shuttle buses look exactly the same! One says 'Lot D', the other says 'Long Term Parking' (likely no longer a concern? see below re: AirTrain)

SFO Long Term Parking
Pros:
  • Regular shuttles (not the fastest, not the slowest)
  • AirTrain blue line now goes to Long Term Parking (no more bus shuttles) but makes quite a number of stops before reaching the domestic terminals
  • Sometimes if the normal area and lot d fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
  • Covered Parking in the garage - it gets full at peak times

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • However, current promo is $12/day for 3 days prepaid online (and the rate decreases for additional days)

SFO Long Term Parking Lot D
Pros:
  • Sometimes if the Long Term Parking area and Lot D fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
Cons:
  • Expensive

Tips for Long Term Parking and Lot D
    • Park near Stop 5 in Long Term Parking and you are the first off the bus and out of the parking lot!
    • Although the signs will indicate that a floor is full, I am often able to find a spot on these floors.
    • Airtrain station is on level 5 of the garage

Month or longer parking:
    Someone who's done this please add experiences - I (rob_flies_ua) would just pay for a shuttle or car service at this point. unavaca recommends taking Uber in this case.

AirportParkingReservations.com coupon:
    $5 off: FBFRIENDS415
    EXPIRES 12/31/16 @ 11:59 PM PST Coupon Valid Online Only
Print Wikipost

SFO Parking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DELee
Kewl. Hope it's not terribly more expensive. Enjoy the right coast!
​​​​​​
I think the D lot has historically been an overflow for long term and priced the same anyway? (Signs say it is employee only which I assume postdates the opening of the expanded LT garage)

But in any case when long term told me there was no room at the inn, they gave me a sheet of paper with a map showing how to get to the m̶a̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ D lot and referred to it as a voucher.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Zorak
​​​​​​
I think the D lot has historically been an overflow for long term and priced the same anyway? (Signs say it is employee only which I assume postdates the opening of the expanded LT garage)

But in any case when long term told me there was no room at the inn, they gave me a sheet of paper with a map showing how to get to the m̶a̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ D lot and referred to it as a voucher.
Sweet baby Jesus!

David
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Yep, luckily spaces were plentiful and the shuttle bus was right there.
That actually may be preferable vs. the long crawl of the AirTrain from LTP to the terminals.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It looks like the long term $10 per day deal is gone now.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I think we will be giving ParkSFO another look. On our last visit the Anza bus drove right past us even though we had called 5 minutes earlier. We then saw ParkSFO and others stop for customers who were running to catch the shuttle. The Anza drivers need some training in customer service.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:46 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I think we will be giving ParkSFO another look. On our last visit the Anza bus drove right past us even though we had called 5 minutes earlier. We then saw ParkSFO and others stop for customers who were running to catch the shuttle. The Anza drivers need some training in customer service.
We exclusively use ParkSFO. Even with the ubiquitous coupons they may not always be the cheapest. But we know what to expect and that counts for a lit with us. They’ve earned our trust. And, yeah, they screw up, too. But not enough for us to change.

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:38 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
If it's any consolation I think the book-in-advance-for-a-discount is relatively new (though admittedly I didn't usually pay a lot of attention to it either so maybe it's been around longer than I think)
Others may have seen this, but it looks like the SFO online parking discounts aren't currently available (at least not for the near future).
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by nnn
Others may have seen this, but it looks like the SFO online parking discounts aren't currently available (at least not for the near future).
Not surprising given the last few weekends I've found it tough to find a spot in the long term garage. I'm doubtful they'll be back soon, hope I'm proved wrong as the rates were some of the cheapest options around.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by freeagent
Not surprising given the last few weekends I've found it tough to find a spot in the long term garage.
Been seeing "0 spots available" with 100% occupancy on the website for all parking locations for the past couple days. Are the garages really full? They're still selling parking reservations for tomorrow.

https://www.flysfo.com/to-from/parking
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Not seeing any discounts anymore at airport garage. Pricing for 8 days:
  • SFO Domestic/Int Terminal: $288
  • Anza $89 (using $9.99/day coupon)
  • ParkSFO $111 (using 3-day free coupon)
May go with ParkSFO given last experience with Anza shuttle. I hate waiting at the end of my trip.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Any insight onto the best off-airport parking for a long'ish (24 day) stay.

I used to use SFO long-term lot, but have only been here a couple of years, and the pay one day, get a half day free (or whatever it was) ended, and made it a great deal (even if most recently, we always got shuttled off to the old LT lot vs. the new. Went from least to most expensive.

In general, looking for a decent lot that is safe, has a convenient shuttle and reasonable pricing. I'm seeing Anza, ParkSFO and Park 'N Fly. ParkSFO seems to be most expensive, but all covered (though not sure it makes that much of a difference to me to have uncovered). For my trip, Anza is ~$350 (with coupon), PNF is ~10% more, and ParkSFO another $50 above that (pretty much the same as SFO long term rate). Just trying to get some recent experience.

For the record, I have checked shuttle prices (coming from East Bay), which I'd use, but once you factor in everything including tip, even for a trip this long, coming out pretty close to the same price. Complicating things for this is we are a family of 4, needing a car seat to/from airport, but we have one on the other end so don't want to take in an Uber/Lyft and have to schlep around Asia for 3 weeks when we already have one there. Otherwise, I'd likely do that.

Appreciate any thoughts.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by emcampbe

Appreciate any thoughts.
I haven't checked in a while, but from time to time, Costco sells Park'n'Fly discount coupon books, and they are fully pre-paid per day coupons, with none of the junk fees that these places seem to add.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
"best" is obviously very subjective, but...
Airport/Long Term parking at Millbrae BART is $6 per weekday, free on weekends. 24 days will be around 15-18 weekdays, so $90-108 total for parking, plus ~$10 return for the BART trip to the airport (less if you catch the bus, more if there's more than one person - although obviously you can do a airport dropoff/pickup for everyone other than the driver).

Not as convenient as the airport parking lots, but especially for a longer stay it's going to be by far the cheapest.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
Burlingame airport parking, which is attached to the SFO Hilton is probably your cheapest option. They're usually around $10 a day taxes and fees included, it is uncovered though and reservations have to be made online before hand.

As mentioned I'd also look to see if Costco has the coupons for Park N Fly, when I was last there I was pretty sure they had them, comes out to about $11 a day.

Worth mentioning that ParkSFO's prices do not include taxes and fees, which I would say are about an extra $3 a day on top of their listed prices, where as the SFO Long term price includes any taxes and fees. The SFO long term lot has become my new go to parking even without the discounts given how easy it is now to take the air train vs waiting on a shuttle.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
As mentioned earlier in this thread, ParkSFO taxes total about 15% per day, even on free days. (I.e., no actual fee for the free day, but taxes are still charged at 15% of what the normal rate would have been.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.