Old May 3, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cptlflyer
Short term parking:
ParkSFO
Pros:
  • Fast and regular shuttles
  • Register for emails to receive monthly coupons
  • Coupons for 1 free with 3+ days, 2 free with 5+ days, 3 free with 7+ days, and 4 free with 9+ days parked in a single stay.
  • Coupons are blacked out during Thanksgiving, Xmas, and other peak periods
  • www.parksfo.com/coupons/
  • June 2013 Coupon
Cons:
  • Often full or forced to valet at higher rate
  • Somewhat expensive now
  • Reservations required or risk likely being turned away at entry

QuikPark
Pros:
  • Online reservations
  • Relatively cheap
Cons:
  • must prebook online for best rate and bring printout to give to attendant
  • Slow shuttles
  • Even with a reservation, sometimes fill up and hard to find a spot
    (note: if you book on-line and the lot is full, they will find you a space-you will be stopped at the gate but all you have to do is show them your pre-paid receipt)

Burlingame Airport Parking (ParkBAP)
Pros:
  • Consistently one of the cheapest, especially for weekly rates.
  • Generally do not have to prebook to get the best rate.
Cons:
  • 3 shuttles an hour only, and a bit slower than average due to distance. Try to arrive at or before :00, :20, or :40 to allow a few minutes wait.
  • September 2013: For pickups late, I feel the turnaround times are more consistent with 2x per hour for the shuttle. No posted change, however.

Anza
Pros:
  • With Burlingame Airport Parking, the only parking South of airport (Other than BART)
  • Shuttle frequency is good
  • Valet is free (no extra charge) when they are near capacity
  • Frequent parker program: Each 30 paid days yields a 5-consecutive-day park for free. Check in on facebook and receive credit for 1/2 paid day as well. (Note: This program has changed. It is now tied into the Fivestars card rather than a paper punch card.)
Cons:
  • When partially full, they require you use their free valet service, and this requirement varies from hour to hour. Be sure to have nothing valuable in your car!
  • Need a printed coupon from their website to get the best rate

BART
Pros:
  • Free over the weekend (except the cost of using BART to the airport) and holidays if you're only there for the free days (paid if you're there on weekdays and then stay over a weekend)
  • Online reservations for weekday parking
  • BART schedule is known well in advance
  • Pretty much guaranteed a parking spot
Cons:
  • Hard to use if you're trying to park or pick up when BART is closed for the night
  • Possibility of getting a ticket if you overstay your reservation
  • Can wait up to 20 minutes for BART in off-peak hours, or have to go to San Bruno and back to Millbrae during peak hours (or take a taxi for about $12)

SFO Long Term Parking and Lot D
** The shuttle buses look exactly the same! One says 'Lot D', the other says 'Long Term Parking' (likely no longer a concern? see below re: AirTrain)

SFO Long Term Parking
Pros:
  • Regular shuttles (not the fastest, not the slowest)
  • AirTrain blue line now goes to Long Term Parking (no more bus shuttles) but makes quite a number of stops before reaching the domestic terminals
  • Sometimes if the normal area and lot d fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
  • Covered Parking in the garage - it gets full at peak times

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • However, current promo is $12/day for 3 days prepaid online (and the rate decreases for additional days)

SFO Long Term Parking Lot D
Pros:
  • Sometimes if the Long Term Parking area and Lot D fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
Cons:
  • Expensive

Tips for Long Term Parking and Lot D
    • Park near Stop 5 in Long Term Parking and you are the first off the bus and out of the parking lot!
    • Although the signs will indicate that a floor is full, I am often able to find a spot on these floors.
    • Airtrain station is on level 5 of the garage

Month or longer parking:
    Someone who's done this please add experiences - I (rob_flies_ua) would just pay for a shuttle or car service at this point. unavaca recommends taking Uber in this case.

AirportParkingReservations.com coupon:
    $5 off: FBFRIENDS415
    EXPIRES 12/31/16 @ 11:59 PM PST Coupon Valid Online Only
Print Wikipost

SFO Parking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PrePress420
Yup, I got hit with the Int'l A lot surprise last week on a day trip. I recall it being under $30 and well, it wasn't anymore.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yup, I got hit with the Int'l A lot surprise last week on a day trip. I recall it being under $30 and well, it wasn't anymore.
Wow, that's quite a jump. It's not that far in the past that International used to be $20/day, now it's getting close to double that at $36/day. Basically they have bought the international lot in line with the domestic lots - it used to be that Intl was cheaper, but now they are all $36/day.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by docbert
For anyone that uses the 2-day-free coupons from ParkSFO which previously required a minimum 4 day stay (which really means >3 days), these now require a minimum 5 day stay (ie, >4 days).
Looks like their new pricing didn't work out so well - they have bought back the 2 days free/4 day minimum, as well as introduced a 3 day free/6 day minimum. All are valid though the end of the year, and do NOT exclude Thanksgiving/Christmas like they have in previous years.

If you need them for those two periods I'd suggest downloading them now, just in case they decided to add them as exceptions in the future...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Looks like their new pricing didn't work out so well - they have bought back the 2 days free/4 day minimum, as well as introduced a 3 day free/6 day minimum. All are valid though the end of the year, and do NOT exclude Thanksgiving/Christmas like they have in previous years.

If you need them for those two periods I'd suggest downloading them now, just in case they decided to add them as exceptions in the future...
I'm on their email list, and when I generated the coupons (just now), the 1 day free/3 expires on 12/31/16; but the 2 days free/4 and 3 days/6 both expire on 10/31/16.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

I would expect that Uber/Lyft are having an effect on parking demand. I just completed a longer trip (would have been 8 days parking) where I couldn't get a ride in either direction, so I took Uber Pool and spent under $60 RT. Bayporter would have been $76+tip (plus unacceptable wait time on the return) and parking would have been over $100 (plus shuttle transit time, etc).
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would expect that Uber/Lyft are having an effect on parking demand.
They must be. It's so convenient to step out the door at SFO and get an Uber home. For longer trips, it makes more sense than long-term parking.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Park N Fly $5/day promo, book today only:

$5 per day ParkNFly March-June book today 3/2 only
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Zorak
Park N Fly $5/day promo, book today only:

$5 per day ParkNFly March-June book today 3/2 only
Thanks for the notice!

I looked at reviews for Park N Fly and the recent ones are horrible. Discussion of poor shuttle coverage, mainly. We've never used them, so wary of booking, even with the substantial savings. We use ParkSFO (with discount coupons) and have been quite happy with service overall.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
ParkSFO's elevator is still broken (yes both of them). They said they should be fixed next week. They have a golf cart and will let you drop luggage and then park if you want to, but most people are using valet service.

I had to use valet, which I don't really like and got my car back really dirty tonight.

On the up side, I used a stay 4 days, get 2 days free and it was about $10 more than it usually is (I guess for the valet service). It was the regular lady cashier, so I asked why so expensive? And she said "I'll take 10% off for you". So back down to the good coupon rate. Just an FYI about the elevators.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Can we talk about OAK parking on here. I was there on Sat 10/14 about 9am and the long term lot was full and they directed me to daily lot...it was full but luckily i drive an Electric Vehicle so they had a couple spots assigned to those. They really need to update their parking status online and I think OAK has outgrown their existing lots. They need a garage there.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Sorry, but there is a separate thread for OAK parking - if it's not in this forum you can find it in the WN forum. And the options are much better (and cheaper) in the East Bay...

As for Park SFO, the bad news is that part of the outdoor lot is currently closed so valet was the only option when I arrived Thursday morning. The good news is that the periodic emails (easy signup at website) have coupons for 1 free/3 days and 2 free/5 days good for valet!. So the total cost was @$56 for 5 days valet service which IMO is a great deal.

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Irony - came back to find my car had its center caps (hub caps) stolen.

Sigh, this is why I cant have nice things.
Unfortunately there is a risk everywhere. For longer trips we often park on a residential street in San Mateo and take Uber/Lyft to SFO. Last time we returned to find a large dent in the driver's door from a hit-and-run driver. Free parking ended up costing us $1000

So there is no worry-free solution except for garaging your car at home...

Last edited by Boraxo; Oct 17, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:14 pm

A quick survey on parking lots and shuttles.

I'm flying into/out of SFO frequently now. (Elderly parent in the area.) I've been using Park 'n Fly; no particular reason. Lately, the time from arriving at the lot to arriving at Terminal 3 can be an hour or more, even at "peak" times. Return shuttles can be 20+ minutes apart. I stand and watch three "green" shuttles (ParkSFO) come and go, before the "blue" Park 'n Fly shows up. So, is the grass really "greener" at ParkSFO? Somewhere else? Thanks.

I don't care (much) about cost or (at all) about earning free parking.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I recall a mailer from Park SFO that they were adding on 1,500 spaces. Imagine that will only make them busier. I've only used them once this year so can't say much about shuttles. They're a lot closer to the airport than lots south of SFO out by the Hilton (BAP-Anza). In years past they were my primary lot and had reliable, frequent shuttles, but just priced too high for me now.

I'd ask if you've considered the airport's own long term lot out by the UA hangars. That might be the best fit for the fastest ride, though at the highest price of everyone ($25 a day). They run full size buses out to that lot though it's pretty close to Park SFO if that works for you.
http://www.flysfo.com/to-from/parking

I know we've had some reports over the years of the airport long term lots being full at peak times and parkers offered a coupon for the same rate at airport terminal lots. Also, some reports of ParkSFO double parking users when they get packed, and you'd have to leave your keys with them. May not impact you if you're not there during major holidays (I'm not - use BART in for those trips).

Tom in Melbourne, Florida
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by tom911
I recall a mailer from Park SFO that they were adding on 1,500 spaces. Imagine that will only make them busier. I've only used them once this year so can't say much about shuttles. They're a lot closer to the airport than lots south of SFO out by the Hilton (BAP-Anza). In years past they were my primary lot and had reliable, frequent shuttles, but just priced too high for me now.

I'd ask if you've considered the airport's own long term lot out by the UA hangars. That might be the best fit for the fastest ride, though at the highest price of everyone ($25 a day). They run full size buses out to that lot though it's pretty close to Park SFO if that works for you.
http://www.flysfo.com/to-from/parking

I know we've had some reports over the years of the airport long term lots being full at peak times and parkers offered a coupon for the same rate at airport terminal lots. Also, some reports of ParkSFO double parking users when they get packed, and you'd have to leave your keys with them. May not impact you if you're not there during major holidays (I'm not - use BART in for those trips).

Tom in Melbourne, Florida
Thanks for the 411, Tom911. I think I'll give ParkSFO a "go" next week. I remember parking in that airport lot, many years ago. I'm not sure why that wasn't on my radar, other than that those shuttle buses pick up in a different spot, so I don't count all the "wrong ones" going past me in the blue zone.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:04 pm

Has anyone used TravelCar's SFO parking option? If so, what was your experience like? We made a reservation at TravelCar for several days in Dec as Anza's raised their coupon price to $14.50 per day.

They have 3 price options for parking without renting out your car. The cheapest self park option allows you to keep your keys while AirportParkingReservations states they move your car to a secured & monitored lot if you go for the middle priced "Travelcar SFO" option https://www.airportparkingreservatio...travel_car_sfo The lot is open 5 am - midnight according to their website. However, I'm not sure if they added a gate to the lot as Google Street view shows it is an was the EZ rental car lot without gates with only ~ 30 parking spots?

There's also $10 service fee if you choose their bundled shuttle/rideshare from parking lot <-> SFO vs self park when booking direct or $5 service fee + $10 Airport Access Fee via Airport Parking Res. site. The service fee it is not shown in the initial price quote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.