Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Showers at SFO" thread [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2006, 3:37 pm

Programs: One Pass Gold, Mileage Plus 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
My biggest concern here would not necessarily be the shower, but landing ater an international flight and having to be at a wedding two hours later. That's cutting it pretty close.
Tell me about it!!! My flight lands at 11:55AM. The wedding's in SF at 2PM. I have to pick up my luggage, go through customs, take a shower, and primp by 1:15PM. At 1:15PM I'm getting picked up at the airport and bookin' it to the city. We're hoping to get there at 1:45PM. *whew* Just explaining it makes me go cross eyed.

This is best I could do...if I took the UA flight I would've missed the wedding entirely!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC

Does anyone know if there are shower facilities at SFO besides Hairport? Do any of the domestic clubs have showers?
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
Sorry not in RCCs.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Not in the AAdmirals Club either.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Not in CO Presidents Club, nor most likely, in the Delta Crown Room, nor the Alaska Airlines Board Room.

I think that exhausts the list.

The Hairport is a friendly if funky operation run by a woman who also shines shoes, does haircuts, and sells lottery tickets to numerous airport workers. Ostensibly open at 8:00 a.m., it has been known to open 30 minutes late, to post "back-in-a-moment" notices, and to close for longer periods (it's staffed by only one person who must arrange a replacement when she's away). Oblivious to passenger demand peaks, it closes promptly at 5:00 p.m.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, United Club, AA EP, BR, CI, CX, WN, SPG, HH, Marriott Gold, LeClub Accor PLAT
United Arrivals Suite:
Start your day refreshed with United Arrivals Suite. A retreat where international United First and full-fare United Business customers traveling on a same-day ticket and arriving before noon may enjoy a shower and continental breakfast.
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50001,00.html
Hours: Daily 7:00am - 1:30pm
Telephone: 1-650-634-1644

Review on Hairport:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=shower

Older thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=shower
Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:47 am

Here's another way to get into the Arrivals lounge:

https://www.ameniti.com/ameniti/control/RCCArrivalsPbc
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by francophile
Here's another way to get into the Arrivals lounge:

https://www.ameniti.com/ameniti/control/RCCArrivalsPbc
$50 per person is a lot to pay for a shower and substandard pastries, especially as that's on top of the hefty Ameniti membership fee, and it's mornings only. I'll take the Hairport if I have to, and if it's open.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
$50 per person is a lot to pay for a shower and substandard pastries, especially as that's on top of the hefty Ameniti membership fee, and it's mornings only. I'll take the Hairport if I have to, and if it's open.
I agree that $50 is quite pricey. I think that is approximately how much AA and UA are charging for a day pass for their lounges.
Old May 5, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat

OK, I'm *Gold (1K) but lost my card - no replacement yet. But the real problem is my traveling companions (yes, there are 3 of us) have no status. So I don't think we have access to any other lounge that has showers, right?

I've checked and although there are showers listed in San Francisco international airport, they appear to be closed at the time we will be there, which is 7:30PM - 10:45PM (Saturday, May 12). I've considered going to a hotel and renting a room for few hours, but want your considerable opinion.

Is there a hotel nearby that has health club showers that you can purchase like the Hilton does in Chicago? Or is a hotel room my best choice??? If my flights are on time, do you think I have enough time to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Billy
Old May 5, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Delta3MM - You can of course use the International RCC at SFO. I have never been asked to show my Gold card to get in, just the boarding pass. I believe you are allowed one guest. However you are correct that it does not have showers (which I find very surprising).
Old May 5, 2007, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A nearby hotel gym with showers is an option I've used in other cities. The only shower option on departure from SFO I've used is the landside showers that were in a barbershop/hairstyle place last time I needed to seek it out.
Old May 6, 2007, 5:59 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Another option is to Priceline the cheapest airport hotel you can get since you only want it for the shower. I suspect a 2* could be had for 50 bucks or so.
Old May 6, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
OK, I'm *Gold (1K) but lost my card - no replacement yet. But the real problem is my traveling companions (yes, there are 3 of us) have no status. So I don't think we have access to any other lounge that has showers, right?
The Singaopore lounge has showers, but it's past security (can only access if traveling outbound) and not open at that time. And, as others have noted, the Hairport is closed in the evening, too.

With the number of people involved, I think a hotel room really is the best option -- the problem is that none are immediately on the airport, so it may be a bit of a scramble. On the plus side, weekend rates in that neighborhood are really low. You might want to pick up one of United's pink hotel vouchers for distressed passengers and take your chances upon arrival.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Any SFO hotels have "day room" rates as I have seen elsewhere?

I arrive at 11 AM and depart SFO at 11 PM.

I guess I can just get a regular room,
but that requires an early check-in.
I am looking at Westin airport cash+points deal, 3pm normal check in.

If anyone has discovered a better option, I could use the tip.

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.